“Fantastic location in a fantastic city” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pan Pacific Singapore

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #14 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
East Coast
“Fantastic location in a fantastic city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellent staff and service, loved the spacious atrium bar with its lounge pods. Fantastic views of Marina Bay. Access to the marina, malls and bars good. Taxis in Singapore are very reasonable. Enjoyed the manager's cocktail party too. Lovely room, comfortable bed complimentary wifi! Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive club or marina view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear kateleo,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that you have enjoyed the stay with us. We appreciate your recognition towards our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences and look forward to welcoming you back for another Refreshing Pacific experience with us in the near future!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,416)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 2 times in Dec 2012. Overall it was a great stay, we feel safe and home. However, the clealiness of the EDGE restaurant and the housekeeping can be improved. When this hotel is fully occupied, then it is just like any other 4 stars hotel.

During our first stay, we notified the staff at the EDGE restaurant that there were lotsa fruit flies during the breakfast. There were at least 20 fruit flies on a little bowl of spring onions at the porridge station and nobody saw it. The staff removed the bowl, there were also fruit flies at the pastry and noodle station. But the food there were not removed even though we had spoken to the restaurant manager and chef. They promised to start an investigation right after the breakfast and will follow up with us. But they did not do so. And the fruit flies were over at our table during our stay 2 weeks later. Fruit flies cannot survive in a clean restaurant, and can be eliminated systematically. Also the serviette in the restaurant was stained, see attached pic, as if it has been reused without being washed, in a restaurant in a 5 stars hotel. We asked for a change of the serviette 3 times, all 3 times we got serviette with huge stain.

During our second stay, the chair in the bathroom was stained (looked like blood stain), and the water tap was loose (shaking) so we called the housekeeping. The housekeeping manager attended to us immediately so we considered it as great service. However, the mistakes could have easily been avoided by visual inspection and should not happen in a 5 stars hotel. And we were staying in a suite. The babycot (the thing that covered the rim) was stained so we did not use it. During one occassion when we returned in the evening, there was a towel right in the middle of our bathroom floor. I wonder did the housekeeping not even look if everything was ok before he left?

On the 30 Dec, we went for our breakfast at 10:15AM and there was a long queue (just like the long taxi queue in Singapore). See attached pic. We went to the reception and complained and asked to speak to the duty manager. The receptionist told us he was occupied !!!. After much trouble, we were sent up to the poolside and were told that we could just order ala carte there. However, when we arrived, again much trouble explaining, and the waitress there after calling the reception, told us that we had to pay for the difference of the bill, and a cappuccino costs S$12++. Also they do not know what fresh fruit juices are. They said they only have those in the packs. Those "juices" costs S$6++ a glass.

The same day we spoke to a duty manager to ensure the same thing would not happen again the next day. She told us that the long queue was due to the locals that came for the breakfast buffet and they could not turn them down. This is what we called bad management. The hotel had perfect knowledge that it was fully booked and they knew the occupancy the night before. And yet they took in the locals without prioritizing its guests. So what happened to the hotel guests that came at 10.30AM and expect to have their breakfasts but there were at least half an hour's queue? And the breakfast ends at 11:00AM ? They should have two different queues, or at least reserve 60% of the tables for the hotel guests. Why else should the guests be paying for the rate with breakfast?

We also had to ask the waitress the clear the table for us a few time. And every day we had to ask for children cutleries as if they were not used to having children as guests.

We would recommend this hotel to others as a 4 stars hotel but not 5 stars, and we would not recommend the breakfast to anyone.

Dear danesian,

It was our great pleasure to have you and your family as our guests and we are thankful of your sharing the constructive feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. We take your comments seriously and corrective measures are in place to ensure we provide up to standard service and facility to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Singapore in near future!

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had always been staying in Orchard Road when travelling - for past 20 years. This time, for a change, we decided to stay in the Marina Bay area. We have booked a deluxe weekend package with breakfast and late check out (due to a late flight from Singapore).

We arrived late afternoon from Thailand, the first impression was good, a modern contemporary American style atrium hotel, with upgraded image , rooms modern and clean , but that’s where it stopped.

This was the first 5 star hotel without coffee / tea making facility, there was a kettle in the room, but nothing else, no cups, no coffee or milk. Nothing! The fridge was full of drinks, but we couldn’t find any information about drinks’ prices, nor any room service or general stay information.

We have been told that the buffet breakfast is great, but what we were not told that we have to wait in a 100 meters queue (see attached picture). We naively went back 3 times, last time at 10.30 am. In the meantime we made ourselves coffee in glasses from the bathrooms and finally ended up having breakfast outside, on the street, in hawkers stand. And last straw was the agreed late checkout; we had to be out by 12 noon!

Even though Pan Pacific is in the first ten luxury hotels in Singapore I will stick to our old favourite Goodwood which is 20 places behind. It has an excellent traditional service. In addition, the shopping is not that great around there, as Suntec is under major redevelopment and Marina Square is limited in selection and do not have European larger sizes as the Orchard road.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lub0
Dear lub0,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback here on TripAdvisor. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you had and I wish to invite you to contact me at Jennifer.wong@panpacific.com to extend my personal apologies for your experience. I hope to hear from you soon.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Picked this hotel after reading comments here.

Travelled with a 2-yr old boy and find this hotel very family friendly:
- Newly renovated room, clean and good design
- Warm service from staff
- Centrally located near flyer and Merlion
- Great breakfast, esp the baby high chair and toddler Thomas culinary set make my son so happy

What's more, i think this hotel really DO something to improve. Ppl commented their slow check-in process, and right before i check-in, they sent me an email asking me passport no. and other details so to make the arrival check-in a lot quicker. Well done.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Dear AriesLee,

It was our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests and I am pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts. I trust your commendations will spur them to continuously strive towards excellence. We look forward to welcoming you for another memorable hotel experience with us in the near future!

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

On the advice of many reviewers for this hotel, I opted for a club room. The privileges that club guests are entitled to ensure excellent value. They range from exclusive use of the club lounge (providing complimentary food and drink at specific times of the day) to free items from the mini-bar. You are even entitled to free laundry and late 5pm checkout. In addition, your room includes a top-up of fruit and bottled water (perfect for such a humid city). The use of the top floor club lounge was worth it to avoid busy queues at the Edge (hotel restaurant) during breakfast. Note that in-room breakfast is also a complimentary option.

The room itself was incredible and all I had was the basic king bed. I would love to try out one of the suites next time. I was placed on the 33rd floor, which offers stunning skyline views of Singapore. My room had a wealth of amenities to cater for the business and leisure traveler, so travel light. Furthermore, I had high-speed wireless internet included as well. The bathroom is modern and spacious and includes a separate bath and shower in addition to a wide range of toiletries.

The hotel is beautifully decorated and had their Christmas decorations out when I stayed there i December. It is a 2 minute walk from the metro station; the location is ideal. In Singapore, the hotels are fiercely competitive in trying to retain their customers. Therefore, the service and politeness of the Pan Pacific staff is one of the best I have ever experienced. I do not think that I could stay in a non-club room next time, let alone a different hotel. The best part was when I paid the bill. With all of extras included as a club guest, I felt convinced that I would have some outstanding charges. I had none; everything was inclusive. I jumped into my taxi and left Pan Pacific with a huge grin on my face.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Bisclimpkit
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Bisclimpkit,

It is such a pleasure to learn of your GREAT stay experience and I am most pleased to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay on Pacific Club. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts. I trust your commendations will spur them to continuously strive towards excellence. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Enriching Pacific experience in the not too distant future!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

stayed at this hotel before it closed for a complete renovation.

Previously, the rooms were very spacious and well appointed, the marble bathrooms were a delight to spend time in. The swimming pool was good enough to be used for the filming of a Bollywood film (while I was swimming in the background). The staff were very courteous, professional ad helpful.

I enjoyed my days very much at the old Pan Pacific. I now look forward to discovering the offering of the new Pan Pacific.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dear Darren M,

I am delighted to share that the hotel has undergone a 5-month Transformation and look forward to presenting you with a Refreshing & Enriching Pacific experience when you next visit the new Pan Pacific!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

stayed in the hotel for 4 nights had a great time...loved the buffet spread for breakfast...it was huge, we were there for christmas so the decorations were also nice..
was pleasantly surprised to find indian dishes for breakfast ..was with my parents so was glad..
great staff...very helpful.

Dear khushboo_agarwal,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the stay and the breakfast at Edge. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore hopes to welcome you for another Great hotel experience with us in the near future!