“Outstanding”

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #13 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A wonderful, holiday/business hotel, that works well for vacation as well, as has a fantastic pool area, that is under utilised. Staff are impeccable, and service on 38th floor was very good, with a fantastic panoramic view of Singapore. Location is outstanding.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HertsJosh
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear HertsJosh,

I am delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience with us in the near future!

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (8,158)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I chose this hotel on the basis of other tripadvisor reviews. The hotel itself was good but i felt it was overpriced. I thought i would take the risk and stay hoping the actual stay was going to be more memorable and will justify the extra price but sadly it wasn't anything spectacular. It was bad but for the price I expected more, breakfast wasn't even included. I think this hotel is meant more for business types than tourists although the location was good being attached to a shopping centre and a short walk to the marina bay. I will try some other hotel for less money next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear eshaq786,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore and it was certainly our pleasure to have you as our guest. We appreciate your constructive feedback on the recent stay experience. I too wish to take this opportunity to share that we do have room packages with breakfast inclusive and perhaps, you would like to request for them during your next room reservation. With that said, please accept my apologies that this was not made known to you.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Its been a while since I visited the Pan Pacific hotel in Singapore as the hotel has been undergoing a major renovation , I was a big fan before for business trips and the position is so convenient, but was a little wary of how the hotel would feel -needn't have worried what a great job they have made of it .
The new entrance area is light , modern and a vast improvement on the old bar /reception areas, long long bar - not sure where all the space came from !
The Edge restaurant concept for breakfast is amazing , I have never seen so many food choices at a breakfast buffet before , did not get to try the lunch or dinner but am sure it would be good if the breakfast choice was anything to go by.
The Pacific Club floor is now at the very top of the building , beautiful decor, and makes the most of the amazing view over the whole of Singapore , well worth paying the extra for the benefits on that floor ,meeting room, cocktail hours, afternoon teas ,laundry, personalised service .
Staff are friendly and helpful as usual and seem rightly proud of the revamped hotel which now gets firmly put back into the mix in an area where other top hotels are sited .

Room Tip: Pay the extra for Pacific Club - well worth it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear BellaMBJ,

I am delighted to learn of your commendation towards the newly transformed Pan Pacific Singapore and the team joins me in extending our gratitude for your recognition towards our effort. We look forward to welcoming you again for another enriching & refreshing Pacific Experience soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Although we only stayed one night, my travelling companion and I were impressed with the standard of this newly renovated hotel.
The room was comfortable and equipped with remote control blinds, marble bathroom and balcony with a great view of Marina Bay. The only negative to us was the glass dividing wall between the bathroom and the bedroom, not quite enough privacy given.
The buffet breakfast was superb, one of the largest selections I have seen in all my travels.
All in all a very pleasant stay and one to be remembered and recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear JayAdelaide,

What a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed a great hotel experience with us. Thank you for acknowledging our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences and this certainly encourages our team to continuously seek for improvement towards achieving excellence. We do note your comment on the bathroom facility to seek for improvement where applicable. We hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed her last March, I could not fault the hotel in layout or even in the fantastic staff. A return to Singapore October this year meant no need to trawl various websites regarding hotels, a return to Pan Pacific was the obvious choice.
Last year my suitcase virtually vanished from the taxi to appear before me in my room after the most pleasant check in possible, complete with complimentary coffee.
This time I lugged my suitcase myself as i tried to find somewhere to check in .. although the lobby was almost empty, when I did find someone, the welcome was more mechanical than last years very friendly welcome.
The remainder of the staff are the epitome of friendliness, especially Janice in The Edge restaurant. As for last years magnificent top floor restaurant, this is now on the 3rd floor above what can be a quite noisy lobby..
Location as ever is very convenient, rooms still excellent but although the staff -= the people who ARE Pan Pacific, if check in and check out are anything to judge by then my next visit to Singapore will mean a return to this website as Pan Pacific is no longer my first choice.
Having just spent a few days in the Harbour Grand Hong Kong, Pan Pacific can certainly learn from the people there who give visitors their first impression of the hotel.

Room Tip: As for rooms, go for the highest you can afford. I stayed in Panoramic King, and was very spacious...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JohnP55

Dear JohnP55,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest on your return visit. Naturally, I am disappointed to learn of your arrival experience and would like to extend my sincere apologies for the disappointment you had. We truly appreciate constructive feedback as a learning lesson to improve upon and will ensure to seek for improvement. On a brighter note, thank you for recognising Janice for her friendly service.

We aim to remain as your preferred hotel in Singapore and look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the Lion City!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Pan Pacific while visiting family in Singapore. Since last year they have undergone a major refurbishment and while the rooms haven't changed greatly apart from the bathrooms are more modern, the public areas are much more open and brighter - much improved. I think one of the strengths of the PP is that it is able to cater for business customers as well as those people who are staying as visitors to Singapore.

Last year we stayed in a Club Room on the 32nd floor. However, after being offered a very good deal we plumped for a balcony room overlooking the Bay which included breakfast and discount on food and drinks. The room and view were superb. It was wonderful to sit on the balcony late at night looking at the ever changing view while enjoying the all enveloping Singapore heat.

Food at the Edge is very good and offers good value for money. Breakfast is available from 6.00 - 11.00, and we found that if you eat after 9.00 it was not busy at all.

But the PP's major asset is the staff. Without exception we found all staff very helpful, bright, cheerful and very eager to please. For example, on our last night one of the managers of the Edge noticed that I appeared to shiver and offered me a shawl. I explained that I had a cold ( a problem I experience with air conditioning) and not to bother. A few minutes later he ,unexpectedly delivered a pot of hot lemon and honey. It was very much appreciated.

There were only two slightly niggly issues. There did not appear to be any ice machines available on the individual floor and the lifts were very busy at certain times of the day and when the hotel was very full at the weekend. But this did not effect our stay.

I would recommend the Pan Pacific and will stay there again.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms offer wonderful views day and night
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dominocat

Dear dominocat,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest again and we are certainly pleased to learn of your commendation towards our team for their service. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts. I trust your commendations will spur them to continuously strive towards service excellence. We look forward to welcoming you again for another enriching & refreshing Pacific Experience in the near future!

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Second time staying at this hotel. The renovation rejuvenated the hotel facilities, bringing increased comfort and class. The new executive lounge at the top of the hotel provides 360 degree view of the cityscape.

Reception service is prompt and friendly at the lounge. Room service provides excellent food and candlelight dinner can be arranged in tge room. Very personal and friendly services at the new lounge.

Underwater acoustic at the swimming pool is either not working or a thing of the past.

Minor renovations was taking place during our stay, but should have completed at the time of writing. Hotel can pay more attention to the cleanliness of the balconies as it was dusty on both experience.

Overall pan pacific hotel is a comfortable and value-for-money option for Singaporeans looking for a short holiday over the weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Ron1982,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am most delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us. We thank you for recognising our effort in creating memorable hotel experience and look forward to welcoming you again for another staycation with us soon!