“Stayed here 4 times - it's never failed me”

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Ranked #4 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
New York
“Stayed here 4 times - it's never failed me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

This is one of the best hotels in the world! Pure luxury. Everything you would expect from a five star and more. The rooms, especially those on the club level, are spectacular. The bathrooms are plush with separate showers and sunken baths.

I checked into the hotel a few months ago and fell horrendously sick from food poisoning. The hotel had a doctor at my door within an hour and made special food on the doctor's orders to sustain my stomach through the night.

This hotel is one of the few that has never disappointed me. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (947)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2009

This hotel was the best hotel I ever stayed in. Stayed there on business. This hotel is pure opulence and elegance, you will not be disappointed in the accomodations and service. My room had a separate bath which was the same size as the bedroom/living area. The bathroom had a separate marble encased jacuzzi bathtub overlooking the singapore skyline and roadways below. The food at the restaurant was impeccable. And most important of all was the amazing service. Every member of the hotel staff greeted me and knew exactly who I was. I was spellbound when the bellhop greeted me by name! I had never had that experience ever. You could approach any member of the staff (housekeeping, etc) and request something and then it would be fulfilled immediately. If I ever had a reason to travel to Singapore - I would not hesitate for a minute to return back to the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
Farnham, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

I have stayed here several times in the past year on business and the hotel continues to be one of the best in Singapore. The rooms are very large, the service is outstanding and the location is convenient for almost anything you want to do in Singapore. If there is a niggle, it is the breakfast buffet which is expensive and which caters a little too much to the Westerner - more local food for breakfast please! Other than that, it is hard to beat and I will continue to use it every time in Singapore.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

The Ritz Carlton in Singapore is beautiful!

From the moment you walk through the doors the staff are so polite and welcoming and the hotel is lovely!

We went for a club room and the club food is excellent. You are fed all day and all the food is prepared to a very high standard, served in beautiful surroundings of the club lounge which overlooks most of Singapore!

The club lounge serves breakfast (continental and egg chef), light lunch (sandwiches, fruit and soup), afternoon tea (scones, sandwiches, fruit), evening snacks (noodle soup, fish, rice, veg) and, my favourite, a chocolate buffet before bedtime! Free drinks are also included.

Unfortunately our stay in Singapore was very short so we did not get to use the swimming pool (which looked beautiful) or sample the afternoon tea in the main lobby (which also looked amazing), but we will defiantly be back!

If you want to treat yourself to a bit of luxury on holiday the Ritz in Singapore most certainly delivers!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

We had read some of the reviews before our stay but decided to take the plunge as the large rooms was attractive for us and we enjoyed an excellent corporate rate. Stayed for a week in early August 2009.

We took 2 rooms on the Marina Bay side as these were the only ones which offered a "connecting" option. Unlike most hotels, this means that your rooms open into a small vestibule-like area which then has another set of doors that lead to the main corridor. Useful for us as we had a place to stash strollers, outside shoes, brollies etc and it gave the kids a bit more space to rampage. Thumbs up for the size of the rooms as well. Unfortunately this meant that we had to deal with a little bit of noise from the casino construction going on out in the Marina Bay as well as a bit more (unexpected) noise from the National Day rehearsals taking place on a large stage just opposite our room. We were on the 17th floor and could still hear the dance music/songs etc. To be fair, they stopped by about 10 pm but our 3+ year old and not quite 2 year old sleep fairly early (and lightly!). Still, it was fun to watch especially when the kids were in the bath.

Agree that the interiors of the guest rooms need a thorough refurb. Wood floor panels were starting to rise a little in the bedroom and the curtains need a good yank (with resulting rope burn!) to open and close. Minor stains on the sofas. We enjoyed the flat screen tvs (no probs with watching from either the bed or the sofa as they swivel) and the DVD player was great.

Hotel volunteered to put humidifiers in each of our rooms (as we were on a smoking floor) - which was terrific. Except we had to remind them every night to top up the water. I suppose we could have done it ourselves but I wasn't keen on messing about with the hotel's machines. Thought it would've been part of the normal evening turndown service but we had that only on our first night. For the rest of our stay, there was no evening turndown. Surprising for a Ritz Carlton.

Service was generally inconsistent. We had great service some days and indifferent service on others. On the indifferent days, my husband said it reminded him of how some hotels in Europe hire college students to do the housekeeping - it's not quite the same, somehow. Some days the rooms didn't get done till lunch time. One evening, I was bathing the kids and didn't hear the door bell. I then found a card pushed under our door saying that housekeeping had tried to provide us with "evening service" but were unable to do so. No issue with that. However, the card said that they had called round at 7.30 pm. But it was only 6 pm when I found the card. Perhaps someone wanted to finish her evening round early?

Broadband connection in the rooms was fast and stable and included in our corporate rate.

Bed - comfy and lots of pillows. Duvet was strangely not in a duvet cover but sandwiched between 2 sheets. The airconditioning was a little temperamental too.

Toiletries varied in quality. Some days, we got generic Ritz Carlton packaged stuff. Others, we got Bulgari. As I said earlier, inconsistent.

Water pressure in the separate shower cubicle was poor but it was excellent in the bath tub. And there was a very useful bath tub pillow for soaking. Sanitaryware definitely needs an overhaul.

Complimentary buffet breakfast was OK. Not great and not Ritz Carlton standard. Egg station had a single man (coping magnificently - I must say) to deal with the breakfast hordes. Surely the Ritz Carlton could afford to put another person on to help? The poor chap had to keep apologising for keeping people waiting (though there wasn't too much of a wait). Also there was the odd bluebottle or 2 in residence. Some local breakfast options would've hit the spot eg. roti canai, thosai, nasi lemak, chee cheong fun.

We didn't check out the swimming pool or the gym. Lobby and most public areas were great. Violinist playing the lobby on the 2 evenings we happened to stroll through.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank maxmonza
London-Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

I got there by my own taxi from the Airport, when the Doorman open my taxi door, he welcome me with my name!!! I don't understand how does he know that's me, but I'm well impressed!!! The Public Relation Director welcomed me at the check-in, very personal service! Room on the 31st floor, great view especially the bathroom, speechless! The free wireless internet is a plus too! The only things I'm not satisfied was having to queue for breakfast and the swimming pool that full of screaming kids (Maybe it's July, the holiday seasons?!) Overall, I am happy and sure will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
n. ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

The staff couldnt be more helpful we only stayed a few night on route to Australia but i found it to absolutely fantastic. We had young children with us and the staff could not be more helpful or friendly. The view is amazing, cant recommend enough

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family