“Birthday Staycation”

Ranked #4 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Birthday Staycation”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I booked a deluxe room for my birthday staycation over the weekend. This is my second time at the Ritz and I was looking forward to a great experience once again.

Check in was smooth and I must commend the staff for their hospitality despite the large number of guests. It was said that the hotel had full occupancy during the weekend and the hotel lobby was indeed crowded. I was escorted to the lift lobby where the check in staff gave me a pleasant surprise by saying that I had been upgraded to a suite for my birthday. It was definitely a great start to a great weekend.

First impressions of the suite when you walk in is this fabulous view of the marina bay financial district and the marina bay sands. The living room is spacious and modern with luxuriousness written all over it. There are two large size flat screen tvs- one in the living and the other in the bedroom to keep you entertained. There is no shortage of powerpoints and the best part is, there is no need for any sort of adapter.

Amenities in the bedroom are aplenty. The bathtub looks especially inviting and my family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the room just soaking in the comfort it has to offer.

We also had dinner at the greenhouse cafe and I must say that the quality of the seafood is amazing. Plenty to choose from and the service was prompt and there was great variety.

If there was one issue I have, it was the fact that I had stated for a baby cot to be placed in the room but it was not there and we chase housekeeping a few times before it arrived. We also requested for a stroller which was promised but unavailable at the last minute.

Overall a great thank you to the team at the Ritz not mentioning staff like Sherman, Karen, Yumi and John who all made it a pleasant and memorable stay. Definitely looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank momo8702
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear momo8702:
Happy belated birthday! I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent staycation with us; from the suite upgrade to the amazing dinner at The Greenhouse. However, I am truly sorry about the lack of responsiveness from our housekeeping team, which rest assured, I have already shared with our Executive Housekeeper. Thank you for your compliments towards Sherman, Karen, Yumi, and John, who I will be recognzing personally for their efforts. We will look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore soon!

Yours truly,
Peter Mainguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Maldives
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We recently spent 3 nights at the RCMS as part of a 10 day family holiday in Singapore. The service in general was excellent from the pre-booking stage all the way through to checkout. The hotel itself is very well located with easy walking access to the Marina Bay Sands area as well as the to the city center itself. I can also highly recommend the Makansutra Hakwers Market and the Supply & Demand restaurant virtually across the road.
The wireless internet service in the rooms could have been a little quicker.
The Sunday brunch at the RCMS was a splurge well worth it!! We have enjoyed Champagne brunches all over the World, from the downright terrible to the excellent, but the option at the RItz Carlton Singapore was one of the best. Grilled lobster, free-flow Moet and Chandon, unlimited fresh oysters shucked in front of you, almost everything you could ask for (except Foie Gras).
Even though more geared towards business travellers, the Ritz outdid themselves for our family trip and our son (5 years old) happily voted it one of his favourite stays, even outranking HK Disney!
Thank you for a great stay and we will be back.
One final comment, I have honestly never found a bed more comfortable in my entire live! I would wake up each morning and my first thought of the day would be to try and find adequate words to describe just how amazing the bed was. I have contacted the hotel to see if I can buy a bed as the ultimate souvenir of our vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 30th floor, facing away from the Marina Bay Sands.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CrimsonKuBE
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This is my favourite place to stay while in Singapore because of the view and proximity to the Bay area. I had a room facing the Marina bay and it was fabulous to see the city light during night and you could just sit there staring at it. Unfortunately the room is too old as the parquet was cracking and floors at bathroom is getting uneven. However I met the Lounge n Beverages manager (Lewis Quinn) an Irish gentlemen who offers me an upgrade to the suite room which is even more amazing. This kind of attention is needed by an old hotel who needs an urgent renovation. What a Ritz great soul....!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 29hario
Dear 29hario:
Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore. I am happy that you were once again able to enjoy our panoramic Marina Bay views. During your stay, Lewis had made me aware of the flooring issue you encountered as well as the room move to a 1 Bedroom Millenia Suite. Since then, we were able to address the issue and have rectified the parquet floor. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to your return visit!

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of trip to Vietnam and Cambodia. Great location on the Marina bay. The bay view is terrific. The staff and service is excellent. They will provide car service to nearby locations. We had a deluxe room on the 19th floor. A very extensive buffet breakfast was included. Pricey but well worth it.

Room Tip: Bay view is preferable. We were the first room off the elevator but there was no noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle, UK
Reviewed February 22, 2014

If you want to be right by the bay, within 10 minutes stroll of Clark and Boat Quays, and with immediate access to some great shops, this is the place for you. The staff are very attentive without being intrusive, and there is a relaxing air of tranquility in this lovely hotel. The exterior might not look like too much, but hit is sumptuous inside. The public rooms have lovely high ceilings, there is a good fitness centre downstairs, and a large pool shaded by palms to swim in.

The view from our room, over the bay to the Marina Bay Sands resort hotel, the Singapore River, and the city was outstanding - hot tip - upgrade to the Bay view rooms - you'll regret not doing so!

Service was what you would expect from a 5 star hotel, and nothing was too much trouble - one minor issue - I asked one young concierge directions to 1-Altitude roof top bar, and he sent me towards Raffles - the opposite direction!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Alphablack:
Thank you sincerely for your review on The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore. I am glad that you found our hotel's location convenient and enjoyed the panoramic views of Marina Bay from your guestroom window. However, I am a little concerned about the unclear directions provided to you by one of our Gentlemen. Rest assured I have shared your feedback with my Chef Concierge to prevent any recurrences. I will hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed for six nights at the RC during a business trip to Singapore. The location is approx five to ten minutes by cab from the CBD which worked well for us - a peaceful retreat close by but not in the downtown hustle and bustle. There are great views over Marina Bay on one side of the hotel.The Promenade MRT station is about a five minutes walk. The business centre was very efficient. The staff is the hotel's greatest asset. They are are very welcoming, helpful and hospitable. Geraldine who works in Guest Relations in the hotel foyer was a delight.
Movies by the pool on Valentine's Day (Fri night) was a treat - its a pity more guests didn't come along!
We highly recommend this hotel.

Also, when in Singapore be sure to try the hot chilli crab!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Melbee:
I am delighted to hear that our location, service, and facilities well suited your business travel needs. Thank you for highlighting the service provided to you by Geraldine in particular. I will be sure to recognize her personally. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our Valentine's Day movies by the pool. Because of positive guest comments like yours, we will be hosting additional Movie Nights by the Pool throughout the year. Thank you for your feedback and I will look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have just returned from 3 nts 4 days at the Ritz Carlton. Our holiday was a stopover package thru Singapore Airlines that we upgraded to Club assess as it was a special occasion our 33rd Anniversary. Well I can assure anyone that the upgrade is well worth the extra. We had a Deluxe room on the 23rd floor with Marina view it was stunning the views fabulous we enjoyed the light show from both there and the Club Room on the 32nd floor. The staff were outstanding their attention second to none and we enjoyed friendly banter with quite a number of them during our stay. We were welcomed every time to the Club warmly nothing was to much trouble. The Ritz is very generous with the benefits of the Club and we ate and drank more then enough.

The pool and spa area as well as the gym was very inviting I wish I had more time to spend in those areas but we had a very busy schedule and just couldn't use it as much as i would have liked. My husband loved the outdoor spa it was super hot and strong and just what you need after a long day either on business or pleasure. Our visit was all pleasure but extremely busy due to the generous vouchers from the Singapore Airlines Package. I would really recommend anyone who is going to do a stopover in Singapore to use the Ritz Carlton it is very well placed the service a dream and if you can afford it try to pay the extra for Club benefits.

Thanks to Amy Chuck Peter and Co in the Club for the attention given and Siti Rahmah in ERS for helping me to gain the marvelous upgrades I am very grateful. BTW every staff ember encountered was friendly and service orientated I will remember this Singapore trip for quite some time and hope to visit again in the coming couple of years.

This was a memorable Anniversary trip spent in Maldives and magically ended in The Ritz Carlton. Forget the rest Ritz Carlton is the best.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club benefits or at least Marina view on high floor outstanding views to take in all the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jules8556
Dear Jules8556:

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore as your stopover destination on the way back from Maldives. I am truly delighted to hear that your 33rd anniversary was well celebrated with us, particularly in the warm, relaxed, yet refined ambience of the Club lounge.

Our Ladies and Gentlemen are well accustomed to caring for our guests in the most responsive and personalized way. I will personally be recognizing Amy, Chuck, Peter, and Siti who have clearly provided you with the comfort and genuine care we always strive to extend to all of our guests.

We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore for your 34th anniversary, if not sooner!