“cool haven, charming staff, spectacular views "I miss the Ritz"”

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Ranked #5 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 9, 2013

With large windows overlooking the Marina Bay, a very special and spectacular property.

Checked in for a 2-night honeymoon stay. Warmly welcomed by guest relations on entry and guided towards the check-in counters, all staff seemed genuinely friendly, proud to be working there, and professional (some of these characteristics sadly lacking at other properties). Lobby clean, fresh and cool.

Could not fault the rooms, photographs do not do justice to the space and homeliness. A perfect escape from the heat, and a welcoming place to be after returning from trips. Included buffet breakast a wide range of well-executed dishes.

Located in a convenient location for all tourist sights around the city, from "touristy" trips, heritage sites, food, and of course, shopping!

Kudos to the staff, particularly Jason Ng at reception, who helped organise special (albeit pricey) surprises! Pricey but an unforgettable stay. On check-out my wife and I could not help but tragically comment "I miss the Ritz!"

Room Tip: Marina Bay view room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DrBK
Write a ReviewReviews (5,046)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Fabulously located in the Marina bay area of Singapore with an awesome view and fantastic sized room and bathroom. Loved the large windows in the bathroom. if it wasn't for the great hospitality at the lounge bar i would have stayed in the room. Was treated like a friend with such a warm hostess made me feel so welcome and at home. Great live music at the bar added to the atmosphere. For a long business traveler every evening was well spent.

Room Tip: Ask for the Marina bay view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BM87281
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in a Marina Bay room which overlooks the bay and Marina Sands hotel. The view is stunning with almost floor to ceiling windows and a.bath tub that also has the same stunning view. The service in this hotel is second to none, the breakfast is wonderful and their attention to detail is outstanding. We have been on holidays for 5 weeks now traveling all over the UK and I can say in this hotel we feel special. The only thing I would comment on is that their foyer furniture is in need of a revamp to reflect the standard of their rooms. Well done Ritz great job in making your guests No 1 priority.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Tweedkirra
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I really love the Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore, The hotel lacation is very fantastic.
My room with city view overlooking the River, the Singapore Flyer in part and the expressway was beautiful. The room had a nice sofa and desk, while the bathroom was huge with a bath by the window and a separate shower. When I was there, it was so busy and late night (around 20.00hrs.) because my flight was delayed). I looking for the check in counter, and walk direct to some check in counter with japanese girl behind the main counter check in because main counter check in was so busy. The lady who checked me in was very kind very very nice and friendly but one thing that i never had before from 5 star hotel is she did't ask me for any welcome drink or offer something special. The check in detail or everything for a hotel information i need to ask her all, where is the lift, where is the restaurant, where is the way to my room. what time ABF start, where is the swimming pool..... and I was very tried from my travel and thirsty. I ask her for welcome drink or some water. She said, can walk to the main counter check in overthere and have some welcome drink there. This is onething that i so confuse, why not she didn't serv me or gave a call to somebody who can serv me a drinks?? But OK, it doesn't matter maybe she was a new staff and another service was very very good especially Bell Service. And evrything in the hotel gave me forgot something upon arival at cheked in time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andy110
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This may be the best hotel in Singapore, but I have stayed in nicer Ritz Carlton's around the world. There are no top flight restaurants at the Ritz, you have to walk next door to the Mandarin Oriental for that. Very nice rooms, but not great.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were greeted at the Singapore airport by hotel staff and transported to the hotel in a luxury vehicle complete with wifi. Taken to our suite by staff to complete check-in process. We said that the room was very warm, and he assured us that it would be taken care of while we were at dinner. Came back from dinner, and the room was a couple of degrees warmer... called the front desk, were told that the air conditioner had been serviced and that it was working. Another hour or so passes (and this is the end of a very long travel day with a 12 hour flight) - it's 11pm now and we're craving sleep, but the room is getting warmer and warmer. Another technician arrives, actually pulls down the entire ceiling of the bathroom, and tells us the unit cannot be serviced. Of course we're frustrated at this point since we were told that the unit had been fixed. A manager arrives, and we're packing up to move to a different room (it's about midnight now). We get to the new room, and order room service drinks. The manager listens to our order and says he wants to make sure that it is expedited to the room correctly. The white wine I ordered arrives as a glass of red - we send it back to be corrected, then get a call from room service saying they don't have the wine I ordered. Really? I just had a glass of it in the bar. " Oh, OK, we can get it for you then." So by this time it's 1am, have the glass of wine, go to sleep... and wake up to a much better experience. The air conditioner works! Lovely room! Pool area is very nice. Breakfast (included) was extensive. Very nice location, great views of the water!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chicagolover59
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just a one night staycation in The Ritz-Carlton made me feel like I am not in my own country with their service and attention to the minor details. I hardly run straight to Tripadvisor on the day of my return but this hotel totally deserves my effort to write this as how they made me feel like I deserved their service.

I booked a habourview room for a weekend and on my arrival, Lewis, the service manager I think, greeted me and offered to help me freeze the cake I was clumsily holding after learning that I was there to celebrate a birthday. We chatted a bit and soon he became one of the accomplices in my planning of the birthday surprise. He also helped arranged the cake to be delivered at the strike of 12 by 4 friendly staffs who sang the birthday song.

I was impressed by the meticulousness of the room set up, even to the minor details like connected speakers to the bathroom, ziplock bags, just the right temperature to feel cosy, etc. Not to mention I am completely bought over by the darn comfortable bed. Even though some signs of ageing were shown in their furnishing, but for hotels of this age I would say the maintenance is done pretty regularly. Clearly this is one hotel management who puts their guests' experience as their priority.

Yes, it has an expensive price tag but which Singapore hotel of this standard doesn't?

Room Tip: Habourview Room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple