“Made our stay in Singapore”

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Ranked #5 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Upgraded to a marina bay room during our recent two night stay.

We were there during the National Day Parade rehearsals and the view from our room of the fireworks and fly past were excellent. The size of the room perfect for ourselves and teenage daughter, bed exceptionally comfortable, especially after a long flight from England.

All the staff we met were exceptionally helpful and friendly, especially the concierges and the staff by the taxi rank. Also Lewis in the piano bar and Miguel on the desk.The staff really helped to make our stay so enjoyable.

The only downside was that breakfast on our second was served downstairs which was not such a relaxing environment, there was also a poorer choice and it did detract slightly from the overall quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: Chose a marina bay room on a high floor!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank merlin1965

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Getting used to this reviewing lark! Well, what a fantastic time we had in beautiful Singapore, and I have to say what a wonderful hotel this is. You probably expect a lot with its name....well you get a lot too. Spacious rooms that are so, so clean, the beds are a dream (pardon the pun!) we visited back in March but being new to this reviewing scene I feel I must congratulate this hotel on its top notch service, tremendous facilities, and the food...oh the food!!! Wow! Want to visit every year, it's worth the money. We've been to Thailand, Brazil, New York...and we've stayed in some amazing places, but this just tops the lot! Thank you. Might even bring the little one next time as you are so accommodating!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KingKong2001
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here for a week on business. Hotel was very busy and have to wait for taxis in morning and evening for a long time. The staff was very accommodating. I did have one morning with a cold shower. When I called the front desk they apologized and were aware and the options I had were to take a shower in the gym or move rooms (not an option - on way to work and already took the cold shower). That evening, when I got back to the room there were some nice chocolates and fresh fruit basket with a letter handwritten by the manager apologizing for the inconvenience. They also acknowledged this at checkout and apologized. Very clean hotel, nice views, comfortable bed.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

stay at the Ritz Carlton. Second time for us, once in Shanghai and now in Singapore.
The staff is excellent, the rooms are big and modern and the view spectacular. We booked the Lounge at the 32. floor and had a happy time. The lounge is one of the best we ever had.

If you like to shop Orchard Road you need a taxi to go. Next to the Ritz are shoping malls, no
need to cross a road. Marina Bay in walking distance.
Singapore and the Ritz Carlton are great places to visit!

Room Tip: View to the Marina Bay, at the 19th floor was no noise at all from outside.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susangermany
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I travel to SG several times a year for work, and almost always stay at the Marriott as I am a loyal Platinum rewards member. The Ritz in SG for some reason does not cooperate (as in award, redeem, or even recognize status of) Marriott rewards so I sort of ignored them. But finally, after reading so many good things, I stayed there. And, it is perfect. Ritz properties are of course always wonderful, but what makes this special are the views and location, the artwork, and the general staff attentiveness. First and foremost, this hotel is like a small modern art museum, they have work by Stella, Hockney, Warhol, so on. And, they have an audio tour that describes the pieces. I have never experienced something like that. The location is perfect, views of the Marina captivate at all hours. I stayed at the club level and the wine on offer, the food, were all just top notch. I guess one expects excellence from the Ritz, and indeed I have been in Ritz properties in New York, LA, Boston, and San Francisco. But this one is a cut above. Two nits - my electronic keys failed three times and I had to wait in line for new ones. Not sure why this happened but it was annoying (though the hotel comp'd guest meals in the lounge to make up). And, back to the Marriott thing - you know, Ritz is a Marriott property and to be honest they should not be allowed to ignore rewards and status of Marriott guests. You can reserve the hotel on Marriott.com, but then your number and status and earning just disappear. I was treated well as I stayed at club level, but this had nothing to do with my Marriott status. A nit from a spoiled traveler. But, if you get a price you consider fair, do stay here at least once.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We just stayed in this hotel for a family staycation. The staff were very attentive, from the check in counter to the attendants in the pool to the housekeeping. We got a deluxe room with city view and it was lovely. The room is big and spacious and so is the bathroom. They even send a gift for my daughter. Location wise, its one of the best. Centrally located and near to other attractions and malls. The only downside for this hotel are the pool, which is small and the in room dining which they have a fix surcharge. Although its minimal, it's still a shock for me. 1st time that I encountered this. But overall we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I'd love the write a great review of the Ritz Carlton. It certainly seems like a lovely hotel; the staff are friendly and the rooms are luxuriously appointed. But I just can't. Why? Because I've had to listen to what appears to be a dance party in the room above my head why no one on staff appears to be willing to fix. That's why I'm currently awake and writing this at 1am. I've called the front desk twice and guest relations once to get someone up to check. Despite this, the noise continues. And I'm not talking a dull thud. This is enough bass to make the door frame literally vibrate!
I expect i'll receive the standard reply from the manager with platitudes and apologies. But the fact of the matter is, if you're paying five star rates (or your company is) and you can't even sleep, then you may as well be staying at a Holiday Inn. I won't be returning.

Room Tip: Bring egg cartons, sounds proofing and noise canceling headphones.
4  Thank TenRingShanghai