“top shelf- even for Singapore”

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Ranked #5 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you've been to Singapore much, you know there are some world class hotels. The Ritz is clearly one of them. beautifully appointed room, great maid service, excellent breakfast buffet (but where's the sushi?), very good gym, nice pool. Drinks were really expensive, but typical of a high end Singapore hotel bar. Easy walk to Marina Bay for a jog if you dare brave the Singapore weather.

There are Ritz locations that are slightly more opulent (like Shanghai), but overall it does not get better than this in Singapore.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I travel a lot and stay in plenty of hotels. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Rooms were amazing, the staff were incredible, the location is excellent. No question that quality does come at a cost, especially the breakfast which is priced into the ridiculous for a typical western buffet. The staff were my highlight. Incredibly helpful, smiling, happy and welcoming. One of the girls even escorted me to a local GP so I could get a prescription for medication and waited with me to ensure I would be served promptly. She then called me later that day to make sure I was OK. I only wish I could remember her name to recommend her. A very memorable stay and my number one choice in Singapore.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visited a friend staying in this hotel wearing very casual clothes, while other visitors and guests were in professional/business clothes but we never felt looked down by the staffs. They greeted us politely with smile.

The suite is spacious, business-y type. Very nice view from the bath tub, with Marina Bay view. Also loved the shower, there are 3 types of shower head in a bathroom. And their toiletries, its very classy and liked the scents.

We were very much impressed with the poolside staff named Bija. She's making rounds in the pool, assisting guests with their things and opening the pool umbrellas for us. I asked where can I get bottled water, she did not tell me where, she served it to us instead. I feel that she really love and enjoy what she's doing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I make an annual trip to Myanmar for a month and slip in a few other Asian cities coming and going. I hadn't been to Singapore in over 23 years and decided to make it my first stop. I was reading an article called " the Ten Most Wonderful Bathtubs in the World" and there was a picture from the Ritz Carlton Millenia, Singapore. I had my hotel.
My flight out of JFK was delayed which had me missing my connection in HK. I had Cathay Pacific notify the hotel to my delayed arrival since they were meeting my flight. As I walked out of customs at 4:30 in the morning the driver was standing there smiling as if it were the middle of the day. From the moment I arrived the service was incredible. I was pre checked in .And they had already readjusted the times I had booked for a post flight massage so I would get some sleep. The first thing I looked at was the most incredible bathroom ( and I've seen my share of incredible ) with a huge soaking tub with a giant hexagonal window tub level so you could soak and watch the harbor. I had it filled and was watching the sun rise and Singapore awakening in about 5 minutes before getting in some sleep time.They had juice, tea and fruit and breakfast snacks waiting for me . I didn't have to ask for anything. My massage was shifted so the massive came to the room so I would get extra catch up sleep. Again I didn't have to ask they anticipated everything.
I stayed on the club level but was told about and saw the incredible breakfast served daily to non club level visitors in the lobby.
The club had delicious offerings and after the very first visit everyone knew you by name. The view s were spectacular.
The Conceirge got me a ticket to see Madame Butterfly and it was one of the best I've attended. When I had trouble with the taxi lines to return to the hotel i called the hotel and they got a cab from their hotel queue and drove down to fetch me. Oh , I forgot to note that when the front desk lady heard I didn't have a local cell phone she went and got me a SIM card and have me her older blackberry so I wouldn't be without a way to communicate and filled it with all the hotel numbers and those of my friends I was seeing.
When I turned my ankle in Chinatown and hobbled In one night , after wanting to take me to the hospital, I was supplies with cold packs every two hours and calls to see how I was feeling.
The Art Collection in this hotel is mind boggling. At the front desk you can get an audio tour to guide you .Everyday I was amazed at all the mobiles and Chihuly glass , it was like staying in an art museum.I did the formal tea in the Lobby with a girlfriend and it was so relaxing and an entire afternoon passed with great tea, pastries and peacefulness.
The view of the Harbor, the Science Museum and the new Botanical Gardens was breath taking every time of the day. Outside at the entrance is a sculpture, I'm sure very old of two Chinese gentlemen, I would have snuck it in my suitcase it it wasn't so huge and heavy. The design and esthetics of this hotel were everywhere.
While I was there they were preparing for Lunar New Year and could watch the floats being constructed on the harbor by the hotel. This is a hotel I will recommend and return to many times. And it all started with a picture of a bathtub ( which was used at least twice a day )

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a harbour tub !
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 159madison
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friend and I went to Singapore to celebrate our 10 years friendship. I arranged a cake for her. Everything is just prefect. We had an wonderful stay.

- The hotel is in great location walkable from the mrt station. It is right next to the flyer.
- The room is huge with an amazing bathroom. The view is super nice from the room.
- The hotel staff is super helpful and nice
- They got one-time free packing per day which helps us a lot on arranging time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was on a business trip and my company booked this hotel.
the minute you walk in you understand that this is a different expirience. at the reception we had refreshments becasue we arrived late, we got amazing rooms at a higher floor, they informed us about renovations that are being done on teh hotel so we will know what to expect according to our staying hours (the renovations were in teh day hours when we were not there).

the room is amazing - big, have everything you need and in addition - an amazing view of the city.

the location of the hotel is the best. close to a few malls and easy rides to everywhere.

the service of the hotel is exceptional. when I asked how to get to the nearest mall, one of the crew followed me to show me the way.

enjoy Singapore with this hotel. I will recommend it greatly.

Room Tip: the highest floors are the best - you get to see the greatest view of the city. I understand there...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Thank Keren_Yan.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

fantastic room 30 th level overlooking racetrack for formula one gp great view of harbour and marina bay sands icon and less than half the price .the gym for all of the gym junkies was very well equiped and spacious had a few good workouts there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends