“Superb rooms, breakfast and view”

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Ranked #4 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Ghent, Belgium
“Superb rooms, breakfast and view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

It was my 2nd stay in this hotel, and it really is excellent. I had a room at the 30th floor with view over the marina bay. The room is really very good and the view was spectacular: Singapore, the activities in the harbour, all sea ships, ...
A bathroom with a large window to the marina bay is very special.
The breakfast is perfect with a lot of choices.

Room Tip: excellent quality for good value
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (947)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Always fantastic. Great service, helpful, instructive, go out of their way to help always friendly. Favourite business hotel in Singapore. Food is tops, close to everything you need. Massive rooms. Pretty good from a price perspective too.

Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were pleasantly welcomed by the staff throughout our stay. The only exception is the breakfast food and crew. The food is not what we had expected, nothing out of the ordinary especially when it is the Ritz branding and price. Breakfast is located at the Greenhouse and the staff there seems like it is a differentiated part of the hotel, perhaps due to the surge of patrons in the morning - service does seem rather compromised. Overall, with exception to breakfast everything was good. Aside, sadly the air during our stay was really bad due to the haze.

Room Tip: View facing Marina Bay Sands is fantastic
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Adriano8000
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Having travelled to as far as Stockholm to Siem Reap, I believe I have a sufficiently broad number of experiences to understand this property's lack of relative value, from a cost-to-quality ratio. Furthermore, you don't get Marriott reward points on this property, which could be a sign of an uninterested franchisee or management? I was highly disappointed with the service level. In fact, this is my first complaint on Tripadvisor.

The bathroom was not cleaned properly on a daily basis despite reminders, the doorman for the cab was not particularly attentive, and the apology far from personal nor serious. Decor and furnishings were tired. For what I endured and given my expectation of a Ritz-Carlton hotel, they failed miserably to allay the criticisms I leveled at them. Facilities were mediocre with no jacuzzi in the locker room and a small sauna and steam room, while the gym lacked variety in equipment. In addition, I was there for a conference, and noticed that the water glasses had stains on them, and I noticed that after another conference participant raised it to the light for inspection, and good thing he did!

Despite complaints through phone and the emailed feedback form, the best they could manage was a very unappealing low quality fruit medley and an apology. A truly pathetic reciprocation for the valuable time spent in giving them the feedback, twice! There was no hint of the Ritz-Carlton Millenia, Singapore, even attempting to go the extra mile.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Ray_CSY
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Good:
-Size of the standard room is spacious.
-Offers 2 views, either the Kallang side or the River, but both views do not disappoint!
-From check in to check out, you are guaranteed that you are paying top dollar for an experience that money can't buy. I never regret paying so much to stay for 1 night to view the fireworks during the "River HongBao" carnival located opposite the hotel.

Bad:
-Dining inside the hotel is expensive, so walking out to nearby Marina Square is recommended.
-Hotel is strict with its check out time.
-During check in, difficult to get a free room upgrade...

Room Tip: Don't go for the Kallang view, pay more to face the Marina Bay!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

When you stay in this hotel, special is what comes to mind.....
one feels pampered beyond words. Staff exceptional, genuinely kind and friendly.
speechless...must stay here again...thats why im coming back on July with my bff.
location? Shopping just a hop, skip away. We had the chance to watch Dirty Dancing at the Sands.

• Stayed June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was one of the organizing committee for my company's 2D/1N convention and D&D held at Ritz-Carlton this year. To be honest, I didn't have a good time working with the people assigned to help us make the convention and D&D a successful one. There were many delays and they weren't seem to possess that initiative and flexibilities I would have expected from a luxurious hotel which is legendary for its service.

Anyhow, my company's convention and the D&D went on quite well, and I have no complaints, but I wasn't "wow" by the services I received, until I came down sick the next day.

I was supposed to be having team-building with my company, but I was feeling so sick, I had to give it a miss. At 12pm, it was time to check-out, but I could barely get out of bed. I phoned the front desk and asked for late check-out as I was too giddy to walk. The front desk took a few minutes to check and called me back shortly, asking if I needed help or medical assistance and assured me that they had my room extended until 3pm.

I went back to bed, feeling very relieved that I didn't have check out immediately. About 45 minutes later, the door bell rang, I crawled out of bed and opened the door, thinking it was my colleague who had came to check on me, but it was two of the hotel staff, Mr. Afiq, whom I had spoke with earlier regarding the late check-out and an assistant manager, Ms. Riri. They knew that I probably was too weak to join my colleagues for lunch at the restaurant and had brought me some porridge and fruits so that I wouldn't go hungry. And they also told me to rest well and if needed, they would extend my stay to a later time.

With the food also came a 'Get Well' card signed by many of the staff in the hotel, wishing me speedy recovery in many different languages, I was very touched by this very thoughtful act of kindness. It had changed the way I think of the hotel just a day ago.

Ritz Carlton might not have the best people to deal with corporate events, but they certainly have the best ground staff that care for their guests beyond expectations!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business