“Good pool and breakfast”

Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
Ranked #10 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Shangri-La Hotel. Although the hotel is good, it is situated quite a way from many of the main attractions in Singapore. It is within walking distance of one end of the Botanic Gardens, and within easy walking distance of the seedier end of Orchard Road, but one needs to get a taxi to get to anywhere near the Marina. We enjoyed an afternoon lazing by the swimming pool. The breakfast buffet is enormous and offers a fantastic choice of cuisines.

1  Thank Helen T

Reviewed January 27, 2014

When in Singapore I prefer to stay at the Shangri-La Hotel. This for the simple reason that the service is always excellent from the door man to the General Manger who all greet you with a smile and a "can-do" attitude. The tower wing is great and the newly renovated garden wing is what you would expect of a 5 star hotel. But the service from all the staff makes it stand out as the best place to stay in Singapore. The breakfast that the Horizon Club with view of Singapore is brilliant.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The staff are very courteous and they made you feel so important by giving a personalized greetings, flowers, box of chocolates, and special arrangement inside the room. I really feel that I am important guest of Shangri-la.

3  Thank 97Warren9
Reviewed January 26, 2014

First time to stay at any Shangri-La Hotel and Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore didn't disappoint. My family and I had a great stay!! Best location, walking distance to Orchard Road(shopping district). Great and friendly staff!! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank njcesguerra
Reviewed January 26, 2014

If you want to have an excellnet service exeprience Shangri-la is the choice. I can share my experience that I erroneously pressed service button but within few minutes I received a call if I needde nay assistance. Whenver you go to the lift the attndant is there before you to assist you. When you check-out the courteou staffis with you till gate tosay good-bye and help you with arranging taxi. A totally service culture you exeprince a Shangri-la.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I had a great experience staying at Shangri La. My husband and I just came back from our 3-night stay at this hotel. Here are my thoughts:
1. We ordered in-room dining, and the food was excellent and no mistakes were made on our complicated order.
2. We stayed in the Garden Wing, which is so relaxing and serene. When you open your room door, your view is the beautiful garden (pic attached).
3. Room was clean, normal size. Great shower.
4. Staff were excellent, helpful, patient.
5. MY ONLY COMPLAINT would be that the taxi queue during peak hours can be a bit long. I don't know if any other reviews mentioned this. So if you are in a hurry to the airport or a meeting (which I heard others around me say so) it would not be ideal to wait 15+ minutes for a taxi. BUT the staff do call taxis for them to come. They try and solve the problem. It's about a 10 to 15 minute walk to Orchard road. Not too bad, but it's easier to take a taxi.

Other than that, It was a great great hotel. So blessed we were able to stay here. One more note, staying in the Garden Wing is an absolute must! It reminded us of our stay in Bali, it was so calming and relaxing. Like staying in a resort.

Enjoy!

1  Thank LivinginRiyadh
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I'm a bit late with my review but wanted to say we stayed three nights in April 2013 and had a great stay! We chose to stay at the Shangri La on the recommendation of some dear friends and we were not disappointed!
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel extremely welcome and everything was dealt with a great attention to detail.
We stayed three days and wish it had been longer although we did venture out in to the city we were always pleased to get back to the calm serenity of the hotel.
The room was huge and had every amenity you could want, the staff at every level were fantastic as was the food and beverage.
We are travelling to Singapore in February 2015 and will definitely check in again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple