“Best relaxing experience”

Munich, Germany
“Best relaxing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed in Shanggri-La Hotel Singapore in 11/2013
Top luxurious rooms, very friendly staff, excellent service and very good location near Orchard Road.
Made my stay at Singapore a lasting Highlight among my travels.
Definately a recommendation to anybody seeking relaxing holidays.

Room Tip: Book Valley Wing for a more exclusive experience
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank ChrisJ1988
SLSGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Chris

Many thanks for your recommendation! I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay at The Valley Wing, our ultimate sanctuary. It is also the preferred address for visiting heads of state, dignitaries and captains of industries.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Valley Wing soon!

Manfred Weber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Lovely staff who upgraded us from the Tower rooms to the Garden Wing with interconnecting rooms. Service is amazing and the pool is heavenly. The rooms are beautifully fitted out with the most comfortable beds and pillows ever. It's the little things that make it special - self closing drawers, super fluffy towels etc.. The kids loved the self flushing toilets too ;)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jaine F
Dear Jaine

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor! I am happy to learn that your family and you, especially the kids, have enjoyed your Garden Wing experience.

I hope to welcome all of you back to our hotel again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed in a tower room for one night after long flight. The quiet light airy ambiance of this 5 star hotel was all you could hope for. Specially recommended is the breakfast buffet in "the Line" and the open air pool.
"The Line" restaurant buffet seemed a bit too lively in the evening after a long flight so the "Waterfall Cafe" provided a quiet alternative.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oldcodger2011
SLSGM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear guest

Many thanks for sharing your positive review on Tripadvisor! I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the Tower Wing, as well as dining experiences at The Line and The Waterfall.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here twice in November 2013 on separate occasions. Both times they gave us the tower rooms. These rooms are spotlessly clean, with great bedding and although near lifts, very quiet. The buffet breakfast is to die for, extremely well catered for.
I had a small problem with changing currency at the desk and certainly hope it is not common. I handed what I thought was $70 AUD to the cashier but soon realizing that two $50 notes were stuck together I separated them. I eventually handed over $70 (1 x $50 and 2 x $10). I then received $74SN in return.
Soon after we entered our room, this cashier attended and demanded another $50 as she stated I had only given her $20....that is 2 x $10 notes!! I complained to the duty manager that day but had nil reply until I asked next day. Another DM apologized but stated that the customer is always wrong...as he ignored my version totally.
Oh well, at least he gave me a free cup of tea!
That aside, the stay was enjoyable to say the least, but do take care when changing currency!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kaitlandAdelaide
Dear guest

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor! I am glad to know that you have enjoyed both your visits to our hotel and breakfast at The Line. However, your experience while changing currency was highly concerning. May I please request that you contact me directly so that I can find out more details about your visit? My email address is: manfred.weber@shangri-la.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sofia, Bulgaria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had this experience that the hotel offered me a room for 350, but then (on the spot) added Service Charge, then Tax Goods, then GST tax and then decided to charge me a guarantee premium… Nice ah? Sounds like a low cost pricing scheme..

Room Tip: no shoehorn, noisy airconditioner
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Apostol M
Dear Apostol

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. I am deeply concerned by your feedback. May I please request that you contact me directly so that I can find out more details about your visit? My email address is: manfred.weber@shangri-la.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is by far our best hotel experience ever. We have been looking during three days for any detail or flaw that we could use in our report, but nothing not even the price can be used against them.
We should extend our scale and give this hotel a 5+.
The extremely friendly staff at Garden Wing check-in, the happy hour in the lobby bar, the extremely cozy atmosphere in the Waterfall restaurant, the rooms with all required amenities, the late check-out, the health club all contributed to making our stay more than memorable.
Location a little far away from Orchard Road? There is the free shutle ...

Room Tip: Garden Wing, just for the separate check-in!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gonzalo

Thank you for the positive review and heartwarming compliments! I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your Garden Wing Experience. Please know that your comments are very much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

A further great stay with simply excellent service in every respect. Thanks to all the staff for being so brilliant! There is no reasons to stay anywhere else.

All I can find to critique is the replacement of quality (L'Occitane) toiletries in the last few months with an inferior unbranded and rather awful cheap green bottles. Please please bring Shangri-La quality back!

Room Tip: Pool view is always nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TechnoProf
Dear guest

Many thanks for sharing your kind compliments on Tripadvisor! I am truly happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay during the recent business trip. Your comment about the toiletries has been noted.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!