I had great difficulty getting my room which I had booked online, because of my not having my passport with me, but it being on the other side of the city made for an extremely inconvenient check-in to say the least. Despite my knowing my passport number and issue date they would not allow me to check in without it. Sure enough, on my return arrival with passport in hand, they didn't even bother to photocopy it, but simply used my passport number and entered that into their computer!
The front desk staff were professional and efficient in their performance. The lobby made me feel as though I was checking into a hotel from the 1970's rather than 2011! The rooms on the other hand were modern with all the amenities one needs. Big flat screen television, but offering very few channels. One complaint, there is no wifi in the room, instead there is a LAN cable for their Internet access. But the complaint isn't their LAN cable, but the price was an exhorbitant $25/24 hour period.
The location of the hotel is good not great. It is however in Chinatown and with Chinese's New Year quickly approaching, one could see all the festive decorations in full bloom! There are several restaurants and outdoor markets nearby as well as a modern shopping mall.
Check-out was efficient and painless.
Would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ASEAN Green Hotel and BCA Green Mark Platinum Award (Existing Buildings) winner, Furama City Centre is centrally located in Chinatown, in the Central Business District (CBD) and at the fringe of Shenton Way. This exquisite 445-room business hotel is equipped with wireless broadband connection and function rooms that can seat up to 750 guests. With a range of accommodation choices, guests are assured of a comfortable stay with its 24-hour room service, an in-house F&B outlet - Tiffany Cafe & Restaurant – that serves food from a Malay kitchen, and a Lobby Lounge with an extensive wine and snacks list. Retail, dining, attractions and entertainment are easily accessible within walking distance. Chinatown MRT station is a short 5-minute walk via a sheltered link bridge, whilst the Singapore Changi Airport is a mere 20-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Furama City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Hotel Singapore
- Furama City Centre Singapore
- Furama City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Furama Singapore