“Excellent Service & Excellent Location”
Review of Furama City Centre

Furama City Centre
Ranked #295 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed in the hotel over the weekend for an event. The hotel is easily accessible with the MRT (purple line) available in walking distance. With Chinatown and Clarke Quay just around the corner, you will not lack of activities throughout the day.

Staff of the hotel are very friendly, always greeting you with a great smile and they are very helpful too. Whatever request we had, they will always try their best to accommodate and help within their capacity. Room service was fast too.

Hotel rooms are very clean, pleasant and with comfortable beds.

Definitely my choice of hotel be it a business trip or a short staycation! Keep up the good work to all staff of FCC and continue to put on the great SMILE which all of you had given us that brightens our day!! Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank VictorCTT
Furama_Hotels, Public Relations Manager at Furama City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear VictorCTT

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at Furama City Centre! We are glad to know that you have enjoyed a comfortable stay with us, while experiencing the scenic view and convenience that Furama City Centre’s prime location has to offer. We are pleased to hear that our staff and their bright smiles have left a positive impression on you! At Furama City Centre, we strive to provide our guests with the best possible experience, and we welcome you to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Did a staycation over the weekends, booked the Executive Room.
The hotel look old from the outside including the lobby area.
But when we check in to our room, wow we were impressed.
Room is nice, clean and come with free wifi.
View is excellent (we managed to catch the NDP Preview fireworks)
Location is great too. There are 2 MRT stations within walking distance, and great eating places nearby.
The service from the staff throughout the hotel was helpful and wonderful too.
Overall, we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Yvonnech2
Furama_Hotels, Public Relations Manager at Furama City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Yvonnech2

Thank you for staying at Furama City Centre! We are glad to know that you have enjoyed a comfortable stay with us, while experiencing the scenic view and convenience that Furama City Centre’s prime location has to offer. We are pleased to hear that our staff have left a positive impression on you. At Furama City Centre, we strive to provide our guests with the best possible experience, and we welcome you to stay with us again! Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from the 29th of June to the 7th of July and everyday was great. The staff are awesome and friendly. I got sick and the staff were very helpful and friendly. I will be coming back again! It was close to everything and I loved the upgrade!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank WentworthFallsRasha

Dear WentworthFallsRasha

Thank you for staying at Furama City Centre! We are glad to know that you have enjoyed a comfortable stay with us, and our staff have left a positive impression on you. At Furama City Centre, we strive to provide our guests with the best possible experience, and we are pleased to hear that you will love to stay with us again! Once again, thank you for endorsing Furama City Centre as a highly-recommended hotel, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Spent 4 nights here in January 2013. Excellent location. Close to Chinatown and MTR. Breakfast was included and was great. A good selection of foods, never had to wait for a seat and food was of a very good standard. Rooms were clean and reception staff very friendly and helpful. Our room had an awesome view of the New Year's Eve fireworks. Would stay again the next time we are in Singapore.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Pdmum

Dear Pdmum

Thank you for staying at Furama City Centre! We are glad to know that you have enjoyed a comfortable stay with us, while experiencing the scenic view and convenience that Furama City Centre’s prime location has to offer. We are also pleased to hear that our staff have left a positive impression during your stay. Thank you once again for endorsing Furama City Centre as a highly-recommended hotel, and we hope to have you with us again!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel was very comfortable with a massive comfortable bed, and air conditioning, fabulous food extremely nice staff. Internet very good location very close to Clarke Quay, my trip was in february 2008.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank chartlittle

Dear chartlittle

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with Furama City Centre! We are glad that you have enjoyed a comfortable stay with us, and our staff has left a positive impression on you. We are pleased to know that the prime location of Furama City Centre has brought much convenience to you as well! Once again, thank you for staying with Furama City Centre, and we hope to have you with us again!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Although I stay there very short period, only one night, but I got a very good impression from the hotel staff, Ms.Liza Torres. She is helpful and attentive. The best thing in this hotel is "Staff". The location is the second reason. Only 2 minutes walk from China Town MRT station.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Anonn109

Dear Anonn109

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at Furama City Centre! We are glad to hear that our staff and Ms Liza have left a positive impression on you. At Furama City Centre, we strive to provide our guests with the best possible experience, and it pleases us to know that the prime location of Furama City Centre has brought much convenience to you.

Once again, thank you for endorsing Furama City Centre as a highly-recommended hotel, and we hope to have you with us again!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Kudos to the team at Furama City Centre (FCC), particularly Liza, Ariane, Mae, Joy, Ina and Mitchell ‘cause those are the people whom we interacted with. I’m sure the rest of the team is equally brilliant so keep up the good work people! SMILE because it brightens up everybody’s lives!

Location
Located near Chinatown subway, surrounded by malls, supermarket, massage parlors, salons, eateries, restaurants, money changers, drugstores, ATMs and other retail stores. It’s within walking distance to Clarke Quay as well if you like the bars and pubs (Hooters at Clarke Quay serves great wings!)

Room
Was hoping to have HBO and Cartoon Network but there's only Star World and other channels.
Bed and pillows are comfy. Toiletries are provided.

Amenities
Gym looks quite pathetic so if you're a gym freak you may want to re-consider or just skip gym for a few days! Pool isnt fantastic either, think it's blocked by surrounding buildings so there wasnt much of the sun...

If you’re patient enough please read my review/ “journal” depicting my experience at FCC. Pardon me but it’s more like story-telling but what the employees at FCC did left a deep impression and I hope you readers enjoy ‘cause seriously speaking, it etched sweet memories in us so here goes our experience…

FCC was never in my "radar" when it comes to selecting hotels for staycation as the facade is quite dated and unappealing. We eventually chose it as my hubby had a wedding lunch to attend at FCC and it was our 2nd dating anniversary cum his birthday so I thought, okay, let's give it a try after browsing through quite a number of positive reviews (in TripAdvisor) on the service this hotel provides.

21 Jun 2014 (Sat)
Check-in was swift and Mitchell at the front desk was patient when I asked a few questions on the gym operating hours, requested for non-smoking room, late check-out and my preference of not wanting a corner room. We were given a room at level 20 (out of 23 levels), frankly I wasn’t quite impressed with the room size but the furnishing was not too bad, there was a standing shower and bath tub and the view was really awesome – Singapore Flyer, Esplanade etc.

There was a plate of fruits [surprise #1] on the desk along with a greeting card when I entered the room (Just a little background, I had written in days before to enquire whether FCC has any special arrangements as it was our 2nd anniversary [dating rather than wedding] and also my hubby’s birthday. I was upset that nobody responded to my email and I thought that was it.) I had hoped for a cake but oh well, better than not having anything, at least they tried. I was checking out the room when the bell rang and this lady delivered two stalks of red roses [surprise #2] in a vase! Lovely :)

22 Jun 2014 (Sun)
Liza at the Executive Lounge greeted us with her million-dollar smile on Sunday morning when we went down for breakfast. It sure feels good to be addressed by our names and Liza set us down and served our beverages after taking orders. We were happily eating when Liza, Mae and Ariane appeared with a cake [surprise #3] served on a long plate with a message written with chocolate “Happy Wedding Anniversary”. (I was really caught off guard and felt ugly in the group picture ‘cause my hair was a mess, my eyes were puffy and we were still in a daze at 7.30 on a Sunday morning) Mae had a short chat with us and discovered it was more than an anniversary but also a birthday celebration after our marriage.

Ariane sent an SMS to invite us to the Lounge for evening bites and when we arrived, Joy Park ushered us to a [surprise #4] private dining area which was decorated with “Happy Birthday” streamers, two party hats, a cake on the table accompanied by a greeting card autographed by a few of their employees. Ina joined in to wish my husband and took a photo for us!

23 Jun 2014 (Mon)
We went to the Lounge for breakfast (the spread is quite sumptuous) before checking out and Liza was there again with her ever-ready smile. The last 3d2n stay at a hotel I didn’t pay attention to has succeeded in wow-ing me with its level of commendable service and I am certain I will be back to bunk and enjoy the pampering!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DivyaLee
Furama_Hotels, Public Relations Manager at Furama City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear DivyaLee

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at Furama City Centre! We are glad to hear that our staff has left a positive impression on you. At Furama City Centre, we strive to provide our guests with the best possible experience, and it pleases us to know that your husband and you had a wonderful and comfortable birthday/wedding anniversary staycation with us!