Just got back from a very disapointing 3 night stay at the Furama on our way home from Australia.
When we checked in we were taken to a refurbished room on the 4th floor, the 'bell-boy' was full of praise explaining how the rooms on this floor were only just completed, and that this floor used to be the restaurant but they needed more rooms.
when we opened the door we were initially pleased: very modern room, decorated in black/white, modern bathroom with 'wet-room', huge double bed, flat screen TV.........wow.
Our enthusiasm was however short lived!!!! We opened our cases only to realise that there was no wardrobe?? just a rail above the area used for tea/coffee.....................very strange! I walked over to the window to open the curtains to discover that the window looked out to the lobby, hence NO outside view or natural sunlight making the room seem very claustrophobic and dark. In the mean time my hubby had parked himself on the bed only to discover that it was damp, he also commented that the flooring was also damp. I lay on the bed for less than 2 mins and my top was wet.
I contacted reception to say we were not happy that the room was (a) inside with no window and (b) damp. We were moved immediatly to a room on the 8th floor. No damp, outside view of sorts (a rooftop and a load of pipes), and so shabby it was almost like we had been transpoted to a differnt hotel.
When we left , our flight was not till late, I enquired about keeping the room on untill 18.00hrs and was told that this would cost 140++ Singapore dollars, approx £75.00, very expensive in my opinion. We opted (as suggested) to change using the facilities on the 5th floor: gym, pool,shower etc etc.
Although there was a shower, towels, iron etc provided, the room was very small and shared by those using the pool and gym, so once you left the shower cubicle(no male/female only area) you had to change in the area accessed by all!!! i.e in full view of the guests using the other facilities. My husband and I took turns to watch the luggage and protect the privacy of each other when guests entered
There is only ONE good thing I can say about this hotel and that is that the location is excellent.
My husband and I are not fussy people and we sometimes read reviews thinking how trivial some of the remarks people make are, this is the first time I have felt the need to write a review to warn others and prevent disapointment, when you have paid good money to stay somewhere, hotels own photos are VERY misleading!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ASEAN Green Hotel and BCA Green Mark Platinum Award (Existing Buildings) winner, Furama City Centre is centrally located in Chinatown, in the Central Business District (CBD) and at the fringe of Shenton Way. This exquisite 445-room business hotel is equipped with wireless broadband connection and function rooms that can seat up to 750 guests. With a range of accommodation choices, guests are assured of a comfortable stay with its 24-hour room service, an in-house F&B outlet - Tiffany Cafe & Restaurant – that serves food from a Malay kitchen, and a Lobby Lounge with an extensive wine and snacks list. Retail, dining, attractions and entertainment are easily accessible within walking distance. Chinatown MRT station is a short 5-minute walk via a sheltered link bridge, whilst the Singapore Changi Airport is a mere 20-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Furama City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Hotel Singapore
- Furama City Centre Singapore
- Furama City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Furama Singapore