“Wonderful experience staying at this hotel...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Furama City Centre

Furama City Centre
Ranked #45 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Bengaluru, India
“Wonderful experience staying at this hotel...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have stayed at Furama City centre and Furama river front over 5 times in last 6 months. Splendid experience with the staff, quality food and feel like home Rooms. Always got an upgrade with amazing room view...

Have some great places near by Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, Battery road, Marina Square. Worth staying with family and friends

Room Tip: worth staying at this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Furama_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Furama City Centre, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear AnkitNarchal,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments! It has been our pleasure to have you staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in the Furama city centre. The location is great: very close to the MRT (underground) stations Chinatown and clark quai. The hotel is on the expensive side, so the clean and nice room was as expected. We had no real 'view' from our room (floor 4). The pool is ok and for sure nice to have, but has seen its best years. However, the service was really disappointing. The staff was not motivated at all (this was by far the most expensive stay during our journey, but the least friendly atmosphere!). To book an additional night (as said, the location is indeed great) we were directly refered to book ourself on booking.com because they can not provide such low rates... No WLAN is provided (1 day is 25$, 15 minutes are 5$), which is a shame as every backpacker stay provides this for free. The restaurants in house are not really -lets say - inviting you... Outside the hotel on the quais are much nicer, less epxpensive locations... In front of the hotel is a small cafe/food stand where you can have some tea/coffee/beer and breakfast. This also is the entrance to the 'peoples park' mall/foodcourt. If you go downstairs you'll find great places to eat (look for the vegetarian stand down there - amazing food)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bernddasbrot2016CH
Furama_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Furama City Centre, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear RobertFNetherlands,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us and we regret for the inconvenience caused. On a positive note, thank you for your positive commendations on the cleanliness of our hotel rooms and vibrant location. Have a nice week ahead.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

stayed there for 1 week with my mum and on the day of checkout the receptionist said that we had consumed tiger beer from the fridge and wanted to charge us. We were so furious because both me and my mum don't drink beer, come to think of it, it could probably be the guy who cleans the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank Singaporeanoverseas
Dear Singaporeanoverseas,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your comfort is of our utmost priority and we regret for the inconvenience caused. We do hope to welcome you again in the future. Have a good day ahead.
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel about 6 years ago, had great memories and thought that it was time for a re-visit. The staff were welcoming and helpful and the hotel is situated within walking distance of China Town and Clarke and Boat Quays. This was really helpful for both eating and shopping.

Six years ago I remember the in-room dining menu to be extensive and delicious all around but this is not the case now. The Hotel advertises a Halal menu but the meat dishes on offer were very poor for choice (my husband is Muslim). The rest of the in-room menu is not even worth discussing. Although the Tiffany restaurant offers a buffet service, meals outside of those times are only the offered from the in-room menu. What has happened since my last visit?

We also had a problem with the towels supplied - they were threadbare and had a stale, damp odour. Only two bath towels were supplied per room and this is not enough when we were having three showers a day because of the humidity.

We had a king room and it was on the small side although very clean with a large flat screen television. Air conditioners are noisy and would disturb the sleep of a light sleeper.

Wifi is available at $25.00 for 24 hours but should be free if this hotel wants to remain competitive.

Stayed at the Furama Riverview (??) last year and certainly preferred that Hotel to the Furama City Centre.

Room Tip: Staff are very obliging with room choice and will do their utmost to make you comfortable.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear belly-dancer 13,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. We have highlighted the matter with our team and we regret for any inconvenience caused. Have a good day ahead.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here in June 2012. Rooms are nice and spacious. Vast buffet spread for breakfast but completely oriental spread, end up eating nought!! This hotel is above a shopping centre, so not a very good feel. Overprized, charges are equivalent to a four star. There are much better hotels in Singapore which charge the same rate

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Furama_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Furama City Centre, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear NoviceTraveller7,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and your positive commendations on the breakfast spread as well as our rooms. We do hope to welcome you again in the future.
Cotabato City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I got a good-sized room, newly-renovated, but the paint work is not good (not clean). The room has a bathroom scale, hair dryer, bath robe, but the mirror at the wash basin is not adequately lighted, my wife cannot do her make-up properly as there is no other mirror in the room. The LCD TV positioned above the writing desk is not my liking, if I am working on the desk, it partially blocks my wife watching TV. This hotel claims to be a business hotel but they don't have Bloomberg or CNBC on their TV. The aircon blows to your face when lying down in bed, I think it's the position of the vent, the air travels from the ceiling to the wall and down to your face. We have to switch-off the aircon, otherwise, it may be difficult to sleep. Breakfast at Tiffany Cafe is good, they change an item or two every day, but their croissant is just butter-flavored bread shaped like croissant (actually, the shape is not good too). The hotel location is very good, just maybe a hundred meters to Chinatown MRT. By the way, this is not my first-time to stay in this hotel (in case I had earlier reviews).

Dear HopeCocoa,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We have highlighted the matter to our team and we regret for the inconvenience caused. On a positive note, thank you for your positive commendations on our breakfast spread and vibrant location. Have a good week ahead.
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had no booking and arrived late at night, as we went to the reception and asked if we could have a room the Gentlemen of the reception which seemed to be of Indian origin told us that they have only an Executive Suite left and charged us the full rate. No problem to me, we were staying in this Suite all the time before anyhow and I know the pricing, so I asked him if I could have the suite for the same price like I got it before or have a discount as I was staying in the Hotel many Times before. (8 times)
What came next took be me by total surprise, instated of saying sorry Sir I can't do this; he started to abuse me saying... what I was think? Coming of the street without a booking and on top of this with a lady? (Which was my wife by the way) and then looking for a discount... if I don't like it, I should look at a different Hotel which would be able to look after people like us.
If found this response very unprofessional and is putting in question the Hotels Management and training of this Hotel. (If they have any )
I assume that this Gentlemen from Reception assumed that my wife was something else than my wife.
My wife took imitated offence how I and she was treated and told him what he thinks he is doing ??
Which he reply with a swear word and then left the reception desk and left us standing by our self.
I never in my entire life was treated like this and I travel many times for Business every year and do this for the last 20 years.
Very unprofessional Furama City Centre Hotel, I would be ashamed to employ such unprofessional and apparently not very well trained and rude staff.
We took his advice and left the Hotel for another Hotel which is treating Costumers like us like Kings and not like Beggars .

• 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Schey900
Dear Schey900,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take pride in providing quality guest service and we regret if you had experienced otherwise. Have a good week ahead.