“A good hotel for business or leisure” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Singapore

Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
Ranked #6 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
zenki213
“A good hotel for business or leisure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here twice. Good location, within Orchard Road area and access to MRT and taxi. Excellent rooms and good hotel facilities. My experience with service was a bit inconsistent; had a very good experience during my 1st stay and only so-so during my 2nd.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AustinWSingapore, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear zenki213,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your recent stay with us.

Our greatest asset is our team of staff and we always take great pride in knowing that they endeavour to deliver an exemplary level of personalised service to all our guests every day. As such, I would like to personally apologise for falling short of your expectations and should you wish to provide us with more feedback or discuss this further, I have included my contact information below for your reference.

We very much hope to welcome you again the next time your travels bring you back to Singapore.

+65-6831-7100 - direct
austin.watkins@fourseasons.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just 4 days ago, which is on the 21st Feb 2014. I booked an Executive Suite for my darling daughter "Strudel" 1st birthday. It is my first time having a birthday party for pet in the hotel. There are a few hotels in Singapore that accept pet but however they can only accommodate at most 1 in the room. I'm please that Four Seasons Singapore make an exception for me to bring up to 3 pets that very day. (Perhaps maybe is because i book a bigger room than their normal room?) but still i want to say a BIG thank you for the exception made. Checking in was fast as if as they have already expected me to arrive at that time ard 2pm. Upon entering the room, i'm please with the space as well as the kind gesture of them for providing a complimentary birthday cake and biscuit for my dog even though those are not edible for pet but human and also a small dog house bed and a eating bowl. The room king size bed is speechless. Me and my WTB as well as my dog love the bed so much that all 3 of us did not want to get up the very next day. This is the first time i can see that my dog is enjoying herself so much and i can feel that she is very happy to be able to sleep on such comfortable bed with air con! Room service was great, on the bd i asked for a few bucket of ice but was told that they had this "sponge bowl" that can fit in more ice instead. Out of curiosity i ordered that and to my surprise its indeed SUPER DUPER BIG. Its like a big silver trophy. The next morning i ordered in room breakfast as i'm unable to bring my dog along to dine in the restaurant. The in room dining was above average and 1 of my orders in the "american breakfast set" was wrong as i order scramble egg with chicken sausage but it came scramble egg with roasted potato which is not in the menu at all. i know Its my fault not to check but well, it taste fine overall. Will consider staying again for stay cation of perhaps introduce to my friends to held their pet birthday over there as well. If only they have given me a free complimentary upgrade of room. (Singaporean thinking) Haha. Did not manage to try the spa will try if im staying there again.

Sorry for my long winded posted and broken grammer. But these are my 2 cent worth of comments.

Once again, Thank You Four Season. :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear K3nSim,

Thank you for sharing such a comprehensive review of your experience at our Hotel - we absolutely loved the pictures from the party which you had shared on social media!

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for our oversight with your room service order and at the same time assure you that your feedback will be shared with our team to ensure a seamless experience in the future.

I'm thrilled that all of you (including the furkids) had enjoyed a most memorable time with us and certainly look forward to having you with us again soon!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was a solo, leisure trip & I stayed at 3 5* hotels in Singapore.. The service at FS was second
to none. Lovely staff & excellent, clean, comfortable accommodation. 2 swimming pools & excellent service at both. Enjoyed my stay very much & will go back. The Concierge service
was particularly good & I was informed of the type of restaurants/bars/shopping which was relevant to my needs. I would certainly return on my next trip to Singapore.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear welltravelled043,

Thank you for sharing such a complimentary review of your recent stay with us here on TripAdvisor and I'm sure that our Concierge team will be delighted by your compliments as well.

Look forward to welcoming you again the next time you're in Singapore!

St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and were thoroughly pleased with the hotel itself, the room (couples floor), the food, amenities, and very importantly the staff whose customer service was amongst some of the best we have experienced over several decades of travel around the world. Although not in the marina area (where we have stayed before), this hotel sits just off Orchard Road and worked out wonderfully. We bought the bed and breakfast package directly with Four Seasons and the cost was very good compared to the 'going rates' in Singapore these days. Whilst it was just us two, this place is marvelous for children too as they are well attuned to it, even providing robes, et al for kids. In short we were very happy with our choice to spend a few days at this hotel. It's not big by other places around town and you are made to truly feel a welcome customer with a sincere and genuine 'personal' attention. This town is easy to get around with plenty to do and see (that's if you can keep the 'girls' out of the stores :-).

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AustinWSingapore, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear TwoBoomers,

Thank you very much for sharing this candid review of your recent stay with us.

Our entire team of staff endeavour to provide our guests with a seamless personalised experience while they are with us, so your compliments are an affirmation for us and greatly appreciated.

We can't wait to welcome the both of you back again soon - the Great Singapore Sale (30 May to 27 July, 2014) would definitely be a great time for the girls!

Great Western, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is the second time that my family has stayed at the Four Seasons in Singapore and after a really average stay at the Shangri La Sentosa, I can't imagine we"ll ever stay anywhere else. The accommodation is beautiful and the connecting suites are excellent value compared to other 5 star hotels in the city. The staff are extremely attentive and gracious and any problems are very quickly resolved. Our room was not ready upon arrival (after check in time) however they offered us some complimentary spa treatments for our trouble. Whilst the pool facilities are a little meagre when it comes to resort style, they are fine for younger children. The hotel has one of the best breakfast buffets I have encountered for a while and some of the most comfortable beds in any hotel I've stayed at. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear holidayfamily552176,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your family's recent stay here on TripAdvisor, and for your recommendation of our Hotel.

Our team of staff work hard to ensure that all guests receive a seamless experience at our Hotel, so please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you had faced at check-in.

I am glad that you had enjoyed your breakfast experience at One-Ninety Wood-fired Steaks and Seafood and I am sure that our culinary team will be delighted with your compliments.

Your feedback on our Hotel's facilities is much appreciated and I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we are indeed in the process of implementing upgrades throughout the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming all of you home for a renewed experience the next time you visit Singapore!

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I first stayed at this hotel at the turn of this century and returned some half a dozen times thereafter. After an absence of quite a few years, I returned to it in February 2014. It has lost the spark and the panache which marked it some 15 years ago as one of Singapore's top hotels.
While it remains a good hotel, it has, in my view, lost its distinction. I recall Tyler Brule saying in his FT column recently thay although he descends on this hotel, among a handful of others in Singapore, there is not joy in the act. He is right. It is time for the hotel to buck up!
Let me list a three elements which a Four Seasons Hotel ought never let slip, although the hotel in Singapore did precisely that :
First, during my stay, there was no turn-down service. There wasn't even a card offering the service in the event that a guest desired it.
Second, there was an armchair for one occupant. Too bad if the second occupant wanted a decent reading chair. I distinctly remember that 15 years ago, there was a comfortable 3-seater sofa in each room, with two chairs on each side of the writing-table. This time, there was only one such chair.
Third, the restaurant which served breakfast, lunch and dinner had no one clearly in charge. Although I had booked Sunday lunch beforehand, when I arrived with my guest, no one seemed to be informed. I was made to wait, despite there being many empty tables. Only when I insisted with the third waiter were we finally seated.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AustinWSingapore, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear 5_starhotelloverr88,

First of all, thank you for choosing us as your residence whilst in Singapore and for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am disappointed to know that your overall experience at our Hotel had fallen short of expectations and wanted to take this opportunity to apologise for your experience, as well as address your concerns and review what had happened during your time with us.

All guest feedback is important to us as we work toward delivering a seamless, personalised and memorable experience for each one of our guests. We appreciate your feedback regarding the turndown service and One-Ninety Wood-fired Steaks and Seafood, and would like to inform you that your comments have been shared with our teams so as to ensure that these same situations do not occur in the future.

Due to the nature of our guest room layout, only our Four Seasons Executive Suite, One-Bedroom Suite and Theme Suites have a sofa and chairs in them. Our guest rooms were refurbished in 2008, however, please be assured that we have plans in place to consistently upkeep and enhance the overall in-room experience for our guests.

Please know that we are committed to delivering the highest levels of service, which include maintaining the best available products and experiences for our guests. While errors may occur from time to time, they should be the exception and we should satisfactorily resolve them for our guests.

If you have any further feedback, I would be happy to discuss the details of your stay with you, so that we can improve and restore your faith in our brand. I can be reached via email at austin.watkins@fourseasons.com

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a renewed experience the next time you are in Singapore again.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I was there for a wedding in January. On the outside the hotel looks aged, but inside the rooms and facilities are still quite decent. I like that they have two pools (one for laps w/ no kids!). The location is also quite good, just a short walk away from Ion Center and the rest of Orchard Road.

What stands out though is their service. On our first day, the doorman and the cab driver miscommunicated, and we ended up next to the river instead of River Valley street. At 3:30pm we couldn't find a cab anywhere. We called the hotel and they helped, but to no avail. In the end, they sent a complimentary hotel car to pick us up! We really really appreciated that.

After we left, I realized I misplaced my camera case. So I emailed the hotel on the off chance that they found it. Luckily they found it at the banquet room! To reduce mailing charges, I asked if they could mail it to my friends place in Singapore, since she was coming to visit me soon anyway. Before I know it, the staff arranged to personally deliver it to my friends place the next morning!! Granted she lived maybe a 10 minutes walk away, but this is really first class service!!!!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear barneysgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay with us.

I would like to personally apologise for the inconvenience you had faced with the taxi service on your first day. However, I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and found our staff courteous and helpful. Our service has been our hallmark and we have always said our people are our most important asset. Your compliments for them only serve to confirm that belief and I will definitely share them with the team.

We hope to welcome you again the next time your travels bring you back to Singapore!