“Four Seasons Singapore”

Ranked #4 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Four Seasons Singapore”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Effecient, comfortable, customized,fantastic service.. what more can one ask.

When I checked in, I had to arrange an early checkin for a member of my party, done with no complaints
On Check out I wanted a late checkout , done no problem.
I wanted to change rooms from twin to King Size but couldnt stay and pack myself. The hotel packed my stuff, moved it to the new room, and set it up without any direct supervision from me.

every request I had was dealt with efficiently and without complaint.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AustinWatkins, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Arunjetley,

I'm extremely delighted to read a recount of your experience with our employees and their intuitive approach to your requirements. Thank you for having taken the time and effort to highlight and share their successes.

Director of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I consider this my home away from home. This is my preferred hotel in singapore. I love the location and always have great service from all the staff. The front desk, and concierge are always super attentive to my needs and requests. They do their best to quickly attend to whatever I ask of them. I really enjoy their sunday brunch.

1 Thank BlitzoJkt
Dear BlitzoJkt,

Your review is very much appreciated and it makes me very proud to work with such a great team everyday. We look forward to welcoming you and your family home to your residence on Orchard Boulevard on your next trip to Singapore!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and never found it lacking. Location is a 5 minute walk from ION shopping center, which is convenient.
I always try to make it to the great buffet breakfast. Eggs on demand, fresh orange juice, and a nice danish/bread selection.

Dear edjakarta,

Thank you for complimenting us on the consistency of our service each time you return to our hotel. It is wonderful recognition for our employees who endeavour to provide our guests with an exceptional stay through their consistent approach.

As for your breakfast experience, I couldn't agree more!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our time at the Four Seasons Hotel Singapore was very enjoyable. Staff and service were exemplary - nothing was too much trouble. Great location - only a short distance to Orchard Road. Buffet breakfast was delightful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank D G
AustinWatkins, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear D G,

Thank you for sharing this review of your experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you home to your residence along Orchard Boulevard the next time you visit Singapore again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 10, 2013

It was generally ok. But I don't think this Four Seasons provides the same kind of 5 star service as other Four Seasons.

My parents visited me in SIngapore and they stayed 4 nights at Four Seasons. I stayed with them two nights so we got a fairly big room and ordered roller bed instead of two rooms. Our room had connecting door which we didn't mind. But on last day, it seemed like some wedding guests were staying in next room and they were having a party. They played stereo music really loud, and talked really loud as if there were 10 people screaming at each other. And I could hear all their conversation through the connecting door. We told hotel manager about it and asked them to move the wedding guest to the other room. I told them I understand that they are celebrating their party so it will be nice if they can be at some other room far away from other guests. Hotel manager said they will stuff pillows in between the connecting door to minimize the noise ?! and they will also tell the guest to be quiet. We had to head out for dinner reservation so I couldn't talk to him any longer. When I came back he told me that he will move us to very next room if they make noise again. I told him that my parents are checking out next day. Why would my parents need to move their room for someone else's rude behavior?? And who wants to pack everything and go to another room and unpack then pack again next day for check out? Then he said we can have both rooms. That my parents can just go to another room for sleep and they can leave everything in the room. ??? I don't understand why he wouldn't ask the people who actually made noise to move and asking us to move around. And what kind of 5 star hotel book wedding guest room in the middle of the floor with connecting door room and disturb everyone else around. Only thing I can assume was that he probably didn't want the wedding guest to move their room since they spent lots of money to hold their wedding there.

Other than wedding guest problem, room was big and neat, breakfast was good and also the location was great. Also roller bed is very comfortable which most hotels' isn't. It's almost same as a bed. I would give 4 star if we didn't have problem with the hotel manager.

I also received Spa service and it wasn't bad but I wouldn't say it was great. I received Spa from many different places and didn't feel like the staff at Four Seasons was well experienced for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lee1306
A_Chahwan, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Lee1306

Thank you for your review posted at TripAdvisor.

I am disappointed to learn that your stay was marred by the noise pollution from the room next door which disturbed your rest and your parents'. My sincere apologies for this and would like to assure you that we take our guests' feedback seriously and will make every effort to make necessary improvements on how we will handle the situation better in the future.

I am on the other hand, delighted to know that you are happy with our room, breakfast, hotel location and the rollaway bed. We thank you once again for your feedback of Four Seasons Hotel Singapore and I hope you will return again soon.

Yours sincerely

Antoine Chahwan
Regional Vice President and
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We loved this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. My husband left and we all shared a room, no problem. Breakfast buffet missed, have it take away on the way to the airport. They were fantastic. The rooms were a good size and three minutes from Orchard Rd.

My one gripe could be that that the pool lady was a bit over efficient and not that nice to the children - I felt like we were an intrusion on her territory. Food and drinks were expensive with a pool side lunch for three (two meals being kids small ones) and three drinks costing $96 SNG but I am starting to think that's just standard for a five star property.

We loved the rasberries on the breakfast buffet and the beds were super comfortable.

Room Tip: We were right near the lift which was a tiny bit noisy but nothing too bad
2 Thank MrsDSydney
AustinWatkins, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear SoloTraveller11,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us here on TripAdvisor.

While I am delighted to know that you loved our Hotel, I do want to personally apologise for your experience at the poolside. Please be assured that we value your feedback and will share it with our team to ensure that your future experiences with us are seamless and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

LA
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

A typical 4 S with an average deal of pay 3 nights...Get one free night as compared to nearby hotels on Orchard at about the same price or, at the Pan Pacific with a great rate if traveling by Singapore Air.
The Hilton hotel seemingly have a much friendlier staff when one has questions in the concierge area since one may cut across the lobby to the Hilton, same hotel owner as 4 S to the Orchard Road which is parallel to the Orchard Blv., 4 S location
The outside staff, Jude from KL was friendlier and went beyond by given me a chilled water as I walked out of the hotel for the first time and across to the Ion Mall bee hive giant looking building for some good foodies at the level 4B
Though I must admit that I was lucky to have shown to my room by a Hungarian Manger who went above and beyond his duty to explain the bare minimum amenities (no slippers, no wifi, no toothpaste/brush, no shaves; no expresso working machine with instant coffee and tea and kettle) working lights inside my room as controlled by a gadget Nxt to my bed to,include curtains, minibar ice supplied in bucket, nice!

I was escorted to much needed quieter looking deluxe room facing the park versus the Boulevard room at same square footage, much Obliged Mr. Zoltan Nyiri

I had confirmed my initial impression of him when I was more awake a few days later after my good nights sleep at the most comfortable hotel's bed throughout my travels!
A great nights sleep was to be had the rest of my trip!!
Location & Foodies:
Once oriented, one cannot go wrong with the 4S, I can chose to take the bridge across to the bus for hop on or hop off bus perhaps? Or, this is the drop off point after the SIA bus ride I had taken across from the Hilton hotel interconnected to the 4 S
Also, one can go to ion mall via the Hilton & to avoid walking outside in the muggy environment and then down to the connecting iOn mall for some ethnic foodies which differs slightly from the much more interesting Chinatown Hawkers food stall where famous Hainan chicken may be had for a mere 3.50$
Coconut in its shell was hard but huge in Chinatown hawkers center are drinkable only and at the ion mall was small &young but can be eaten with the metal spoon if one likes to eat its flesh once the coconut juice is drank..
Fruits such as mango, watermelon, dragon fruit, melon & are about the same price, cut &peeled, and ripened for one or 2 bks,
Enjoy!
Lucky plaza across the street is great exchange rate and bargain souvenirs, whereby, Chinatown is also a good place to stroll and to bargain at a buck or to better rates than that at the lucky plaza.
Lastly,
Thank you trip advisor and I ditto on all of your write ups which I have read and thoroughly considered before making my decisions for my deluxe travel plans @ a bargain,
Cheers!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jbtujuh
Dear jbtujuh,

Thank you for sharing such an insightful and comprehensive review of your stay at our Hotel and of Singapore as a destination. I am sure that like yourself, others would find your tips and suggestions very useful when planning for their vacation in Singapore.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and even found time to explore Orchard Road, Singapore's golden mile of shopping and entertainment, as well as local delicacies at the hawker centre - it must have been quite an experience!

We look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travels take you back to Singapore!