Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
Ranked #2 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 22, 2008

a world class hotel ,close to the botanical gardensand all the best shopping areas .exellent sevice, superb accomodation and wonderful food

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank calleywell
Write a ReviewReviews (2,006)

Reviewed March 28, 2008

Ok ok ... 4 seasons hotels are a format ..... but what a format! yes the room decor was a little on the formal side by todays standards yet, yes, the service and facilities are ememplorary. If you have the budget this is a great place to stay and perfectly located for shopping sprees ... albeit in the luxury side of town ... orcahrd road. I,ll be back.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank aTRIPinTIME
Reviewed March 23, 2008

I have stayed at the FS in Singapore numerous times over the past few years. I have come to the conclusion that this hotel needs some renovation and the staff needs an energy pill.

The decor is very typical of any FS hotel--traditional and elegant. All the rooms are very spacious. However, in my last visit, the wear and tear of the in-room furniture/upholstery was evident. The bath tub had a long, deep crack in it. I changed to another room (and got an upgrade by the manager), but this second room was not that much better than the first one.

Service was ok but not top notch (not up to expectations at a FS hotel). Staff was quite slow in responding to guests' requests and often forgot to respond totally.

The worst aspect of this hotel is the location, assuming your business meetings are not in the Orchard Road area. Cab rides to the business district in the morning may take over 40 minutes. The line for cabs is also long as hellll.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank doggieluver
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Spent 4 nights here in late Feb on a business trip and this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Wonderful feel and sense of real calm and class. From door staff to restaurant all were great, nothing too much trouble. Room was huge and luxurious and the biggest I have had the pleasure of staying in (and as far as I know it was a standard room). Double sinks in bathroom, huge walk in shower, separate bath, toilet, etc. sofa in room, bed comfy, pillows swallowed me up......so all round could not fault at all. This hotel was a pleasure to stay in and I will most definitely return given the chance. Have stayed in 3 hotels in Singapore in recent months. including Shangri-La and Pan Pacific and this gets my vote.
Unfortunately I did not get chance to use the main pool - rooftop pool fine but small - so cannot comment, but it appeared adequate, if not on scale and resort style as other hotels. On day of departure was offered the use of the changing facilities they have and this was fantastic and allowed to freshen up before flight home. Wel done FS Hotels - this is a good place, and thanks.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Kibo
Reviewed March 9, 2008

We, a family of 4 stayed in this hotes for 4 nights in February.
I really would not say its in need of total renovation. Our suite was lovely, (Executive suite with sep. living room) and I did not see worn out things.
When you travel with kids they only allow you to one small pool and not to the big lap pool near the spa.
Location is superb, s short walk to Orchard and you are in the middle of it all!
Breakfasts are good, only the room s really dark and with no daylight i did not like it. Maybe this is not important to some.
Service was excellent, everyone had a smile and was helpful all the way.
Massages in Spa were very good either.
Just one really negative thing, if you use their internet its a real scam. About 7 Euros for a 15 minutes use is just a rip off. I did not see why a top hotel can not offer it for free, the prices for a room should justify it!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank ninasch1976
Reviewed February 20, 2008

Organized a small business conference there as my experiences in other Four Seasons establishments have been good. I was disappointed the minute I got into the hotel limousine. As my spouse decided to accompany me for the trip at the very last minute, I did not register for two guests. The driver was visibly disturbed by having an extra passenger. He called the hotel immediately to report so in our presence. Such behaviour was bizarre but we took no heed. Further disappointment when the staff checked us into our room. Her very first words weren't welcome but I had to pay extra for the additional guest or my spouse would not be allowed to stay with me. I politely told her that I would of course pay as that was the rule, but she reiterated herself defiantly almost without hearing me. I guess she must have had a bad day, or that the hotel had experienced too many guests piling into the room without paying extra. The room decor was also a disappointment. Stained carpets, dusty window that overlooked a tired tennis court. The toilet wash basin tap came off after I used it a couple of times. Almost scalded myself as it was difficult to control the hotwater temperature.
The gym and sauna room were good, except that it felt like a maze when I first used it. Too many doors without any indication.
The saving grace is the great concierge who was very prompt in booking restaurants. He got tables for me in no time.
Oh, I wandered into Club 21 outlets within the Four Seasons vicinity one afternoon. The staff were chatting amongst themselves without any attempt to lower their voice, lest to serve me. Bizarre, considering that they are marketed as the top and best.
There are better choices, such as Fullerton and Intercon. I do not think I will return.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank wabihongkong
Reviewed January 28, 2008

This was only my second stay at the FS, because I usually favour the Shangri-La on Orange Grove from where I do my morning jog to the Botanic gardens and enjoy the great pool.
But the FS absolutely stands-out for very good service. I was given a room before check-in at 10:00am, the concierge arranged tickets for shows at Esplanade, transportation was promptly organized. Room service was always on-time with excellent food and some touch in the presentation. Service was prompt and efficient in the restaurant and bar.
The Club features a nice gym room by the pool. The spa is convenient, even if simple and service can be booked at short notice. I found a small jogging map to run to Botanic gardens, although I would advise to double-check the itinerary on a full map before. The pool gets morning sun until 3pm or so, then it is in the shade of the building, but it is nice. I did not check the roof-top mini-pool.
For transportation, it's closer than Shangri-La to the Orchard MRT and if you walk a good tip is to use the back passage that connects directly to the Hilton shopping mall on Orchard Road, rather than the main hotel entrance. Otherwise, there is always a taxi waiting.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business