I stayed at the Four Seasons Singapore for three or four nights on a stopover to Europe. The service was ... I'm struggling to find a word to describe how good it was. From reservation to departure the service was outstanding: perfectly choreographed and appropriately pitched. The staff were effective, confident, polite and formal enough, while also being outgoing and friendly.
Together with the design of the public spaces (there are numerous intimate spaces that feel like the sitting areas of a house, instead of a grand lobby that feels like the hall of a train station) the service contributed to a very pleasant atmosphere in which even the other guests seemed nice and at ease, rather than being as demanding and stressed as at other hotels. It was hard not to be in a cheerful mood in this place.
The hotel's Executive Chef, Giovanni Speciale, deserves special mention for how he organised a special menu to deal with my medical dietary restrictions (I took all meals at the hotel). The reservations people passed on my request and kept me informed of where it was at and what response I should expect, Chef Giovanni created the menu and met me to discuss it, the room service people were always fully informed so I never had to explain myself and were proactive in thinking ahead to what I might need next, and the chefs and waiters created and delivered food that both tasted excellent and met my requirements (no mean feat!). They even prepared a lunch to take with me for my onward flight, so while other passengers suffered through the meal service, I could munch away on my much better picnic. (The Four Seasons' response to my request also compared very favourably to the distinct lack of response days later of the Grosvenor House, the supposedly second best hotel in Dubai ... )
The fitness centre was great - well equipped, particularly for a hotel of this size.
The interior design wasn't as stand-out and try-hard as at other hotels and based on pictures I'd seen I didn't expect to think much of it, but once I was there it looked very nice and felt comfortable - you come back to the hotel after a day out and it feels like home rather than a musuem.
The rooms were nice enough, the location was handy, but above all the service and atmosphere made this hotel a favourite. Having stayed in Singapore often enough to have run out of new things to do during visits, and having often in the past wished I could leave sooner (even when staying at hotels as good as the Ritz Carlton), I this time found myself wanting to stay longer as I enjoyed staying at this hotel so much. Can't recommend it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on tranquil, tree-lined Orchard Boulevard, Four Seasons Hotel Singapore provides a welcome oasis of calm in the midst of the city's bustle. 25 minutes from the airport, the Hotel is strategically located steps away from the shopping, entertainment and business belt of Orchard Road, and Singapore's first UNESCO World Heritage site - Singapore Botanic Gardens. Enjoy luxurious residential comfort and technological conveniences within our 255 spacious rooms and suites, and opt for room service available 24 hours - delivered in 15 minutes - or an intimate, delectable meal at award-winning outlets: One-Ninety Restaurant or Jiang-Nan Chun. Light up your night with handcrafted cocktails at One-Ninety Bar, and then conquer the day with shopping, sights and transit just mere steps away. Post-sightseeing, gently rejuvenate your body and soul under the masterful strokes of our therapists at our award-winning Spa, or reinvigorate at our tennis courts (outdoor or air-conditioned), 24-hour gym and two outdoor pools - one of which is located on the 20th floor, complete with a bar and an unforgettable, spectacular view of Singapore's city skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Singapore
- Four Seasons Singapore
- Singapore Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Singapore