“Business hotel in Singapore” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Towers Singapore

Sheraton Towers Singapore
Ranked #73 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Business hotel in Singapore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Quick review of a hotel in Singapore. If you're looking for a hotel in Singapore for business, here's what i normally look for:

1. location convenience - it's near orchard road (walking distance) but not in orchard road itself so that makes it still easy to get there, while not make the rates too expensive. Newton MRT is just right outside that will get you to Orchard as well as to the Financial District on the same line.

2. amenities - rooms are ok. the fitness centre is open 24 hours. Restaurants are not bad.

3. Wifi - in room wifi, extra charge. But quite fast and reliable, which is always always a good thing.

4. Beds - makes resting after a long day easy. After a long day in meetings, this very thing could easily spoil your rest. So the beds are very comfortable, which is good.

5. What's nearby - you can walk down Scotts Road and you'll reach Wheelock place, Ion, Tangs. (or you can just take the MRT, just one stop). Quite convenient. Newton Hawker Centre is nearby, so cheap local food is also available, with a wide variety of choice.

6. From airport - it takes about 20 mins (without much traffic), and costs about SGD20+. So not bad.

7. Finally, service: the staff service is excellent. From front desk to the doorman, their service is excellent and seems to go out of their way to accommodate needs. Which was my experience.

Room Tip: The pool view is more serene as you get the view of the park instead of buildings.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear JuiHong

Thank you for the kind review of your stay at Sheraton Towers Singapore. It is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their experiences with us. We are also heartened by your kind words on our hotel, particularly on the service, restaurants and facilities. We truly appreciate your detailed review and we look forward to extending a warm welcome to you on your next trip to Singapore!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here for 10 years when visiting Singapore. Great quiet location near train stations, shops and facilities. Hotel staff friendly, helpful and well organized. Competitive pricing for the stay the hotel offers. A hotel with charm.

Room Tip: just state your preferences
Dear acrobat2014

Thank you for your kind feedback of Sheraton Towers Singapore. It is such a delight to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your loyal patronage over these 10 years. It has always been a pleasure serving you and we look forward to be of service to you for many more years to come!

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Its a nice hotel, feels a little old and its a little out of the way but overall its nice
Well priced, good food choice, good pool, great gym

Great service from concierge, close to MRT, Taxi's sometimes hard to get in peak times

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Benjamin S

Thank you for your review of Sheraton Towers Singapore. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay as well as our facilities and services extended to you. Your kind feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

After staying in various Sheraton hotels my expectations have generally come down given most of them are now past there glory. The really good ones got upgraded to Luxury Collection and most of the rest are just big decaying hotels with some periodic repairs etc.
Singapore Sheraton Towers was also similar big but now little worn down. Due to my SPG status was upgraded to Club room though I didn't find much difference in the rooms except the access to Club Lounge which has free breakfast snacks drinks etc but mostly crowded during morning time.
The buffet breakfast in the main restaurant was not very vast neither appetising. Had one two Indian stuff as well.
The hotel is not in a very easy location but the only saving grace is the metro station literally outside.
I faced one big problem with the hotel which was halt any vegetarian stuff in their menu and the location of the hotel forced me to take a metro ride for dinner every night to go hunting for dinner outside.
So overall nothing very bad but nothing very good either.
Jet Privilege number 00121030195

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Vimal_choudhary

Thank you for sharing your review of the stay. It is disappointing to learn that the stay was below your expectations. Please rest assured that we have taken your feedback on board and the respective teams are looking into it for further improvements. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to extend our Sheraton hospitality to you in the future.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have frequented Singapore for years and stayed in most of the globally branded properties at one time or another. Most five-star hotels are clean, efficient, have quality rooms and have nicely appointed common areas. However, my experience is hotel staff at the five-star properties have a 'canned' politeness and are generally not very accommodating.

This trip, I stayed at the Sheraton Towers on Scotts Road for the first time based on a recommendation from a friend. On arriving, an older gentleman greeted me at the lobby entrance and escorted me to the front desk. He also delivered my bag to the concierge/bellman while I checked in. Joe, the desk clerk greeted me and I communicated that I was in a hurry to check as I had a colleague waiting for me in the lounge. Joe told me to go ahead and meet my colleague and he would take care of everything.

After an while, I finished my meeting and headed back in the direction of the front desk to get the room key. I was greeted by Joe halfway across the lobby. He escorted me to my room where my bags were neatly placed with the lights and air-conditioning was switched on. After checking to be sure everything was satisfactory, he quickly made his way back to the front desk.

During the remainder of my visit at this hotel, I discovered that Joe's attitude was the prevailing spirit of the staff. Most of them seemed to be passionate about serving guests -- a rare find in Singapore. It is worth mentioning the food at the restaurant was also good with a backdrop of a large waterfall and soft piano music.

If you decide to stay at this hotel, be sure to let Joe know you read this message and tell him you expect your treatment will be equally as good as mine has been (smile). Seriously, this hotel makes it clear that true hospitality is about going the extra distance and I highly recommend it over the other five-star properties in Singapore.

1 Thank Larry N
Dear Larry N,

Thank you for your kind review of Sheraton Towers Singapore. It is indeed a pleasure to hear that our associates have made your stay a pleasant one. We have shared your generous compliments with Joe and he was very heartened by your encouragement. We truly appreciate your kind words on your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

For many years before I retired I used this hotel in Singapore, where service was excellent, staff gracious and efficient. I was pleased on my recent visit to note that the same high quality continues. Because I took the special package I was able to use the private lounge for breakfast and a cocktail party in the evening - indeed snacks and drinks through the day if wanted.
The hotel is two minutes from the train station at Newton Circus. Easy access to sites in the city and indeed streamlined service to Changi Airport.
A splendid four days R&R.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank singkrai
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear singkrai

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Sheraton Towers. It is indeed a pleasure to have you back with us again. We are also delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and the service rendered by our associates was up to your expectations.

Thank you again for your generous compliments and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I arrived very late and left early, so I didn't have much time in the hotel. What I did encounter was very good. The staff were all friendly and professional. The gym and pool are very nice, although the gym was the typically freezing temperature of many places in Singapore. I was alone and turned all the ACs off while there.
The room was big and amenities were nice. I don't wear the slippers, but I could see they were much better than the average hotel slippers.
What I REALLY can't stand about most Sheratons and Starwood in general is that in 2014, they still charge for internet. This is an outdated policy and shows their concern with bottom line vs. guest experience. I am going to mention this in EVERY Starwood review I write and rate the value as terrible as this pushes the price of the room up quite a bit. There is really no need for it as the internet is there whether people use it or not. There is no extra expense incurred by the hotel when people use it. There is no wear and tear like the gym and certainly no direct cost like food cost in the restaurant. Starwood, get with the times, please.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jchanlifat
Dear jchanlifat

Thank you for the kind review of your stay at Sheraton Towers. It is heartening to hear that our associates and amenities provided made your stay more memorable. We would like to share that we do provide an hour of free wifi in the lobby for our in-house guest and we apologise if this was not highlighted to you during your check-in. Nonetheless, we appreciate your feedback and we look forward to be of service to you again.