“Nice, American style hotel”

Sheraton Towers Singapore
Ranked #76 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Cleveland, OH
“Nice, American style hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Just finished a two night weekend stay there. Booked standard room and was upgraded to a Tower Deluxe as a Platinum. Rate was 50% off at $216 USD per night.

Room was nice enough. Big windows. Nice workstation. US plugs. Big bathroom. But nothing special, IMHO. Hotel had nice service. Lounge had good food but a tad small and the chairs at the table were surprisingly low, making it uncomfortable to sit and eat.

Nice to have the Newton Hawker Centre nearby as food at the hotel was bland and expensive.

I think $200 USD is the most I would pay again. There are other, nicer accommodations in Singapore, especially some of the Serviced Apartments. Again, fairly decent hotel but prices are insane for it (and, admittedly, also for the Marriott).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear DawgmanOH

Thank you for your review of Sheraton Towers. We are glad to learn that you had a good stay and the service provided by our associates was to your expectation. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Singapore.

Best Regards,
Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in Dec 2013. We are a family of 4 (inc kids - 12 and 7 yrs old). Great hotel, great location and loved the 2 gentlemen at the door who are dressed in the old safari suits! Wasn't the cheapest place to stay and made worse by the fact we to pay an additional $100 per night for a rollout bed - a bit pricey. Also tough to fit 3 of us on a king sized bed ... I guess that's the sacrifice one has to make instead of booking an extra room just for the kids. Amazingly, there is no free wi-fi in their rooms, only in the lobby. I guess we're a bit spoilt having travelled around different countries where free wi-fi is almost the norm. $20 per day for wi-fi is also quite steep. Definitely recommend catching the MRT from Newton - easy, convenient and reliable. Newton's Circus now caters too much for tourists and is no longer a cheap place to eat. Food there was quite average. Otherwise, we had a really pleasant stay with few problems. A commendation to the management - I noticed that at checkout time in the mornings, there was a manager-type person constant patrolling and speaking to people in lines to see if they could be helped. This "triaging" of guests was very well done, with several people assisted without having to wait in line for staff who were busy checking guests out. Great service - definitely something other hotels should be doing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank botak67
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear cyaw

Thank you for the kind review of your stay at Sheraton Towers. We are delighted to learn about your positive stay experience with your family. It is also encouraging to learn that our associates were of assistance to make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one. We truly appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed for 2 Night with my family, Very spacious hotel with Heritage Looks, Breakfast was amazing around water fall. Pools needs upgrade to latest amenities. Staff was very nice specially guards with traditional Singaporean uniform of Solider.

Room Tip: Good Location easy accessible by MRT
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Inder Pal S
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear IPS1970

Thank you for the kind review of your stay at Sheraton Towers Singapore. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with your family. It is also a pleasure to learn that you had an amazing breakfast near the waterfall and our doormen were of great assistance to you. Your kind review is truly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable stay.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel is nicely situated near Orchard road. Room are clean, and I love their comfortable bed. What make this place so good is their staff who are very friendly, and above all, wanting to make your stay enjoyable. Always ready to help with a smile. This hotel has a nice pool on the fifth floor, which is the same level for their gym which has all you need for a great workout. The only negative I have is the price of their breakfast which is $40 for a buffet or $30 for a continental breakfast which is way too high. You can easily walk 5 to 10 minutes to restaurant nearby for 1/4 of that price, and that include a nice Starbucks latte. I must say that the staff at the restaurant is very good, and service outstanding though. The high price is not their fault. Another aspect is how quiet it is in the room, don't hear much from the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on pool side
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Serge L
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Serge L

Thank you for your kind review of Sheraton Towers Singapore. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and our associates made your time at the hotel more memorable. We truly appreciate your kind words on your stay experience and we look forward to having you back with us again!

Auckland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Have stayed here twice, paid for by my company. Too expensive in my view, especially with no breakfast.
Rooms are as expected for the price, & comfortable, just nothing that sets it apart from other chain hotels. Spacious lobby areas, good for meeting up with people.
Hawker food stalls nearby. Walking distance to shops.

When I am on holiday, I usually stay in IBIS - better to spend money on the wonderful food in Singapore.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear NZTourists

Thank you for your review of your stay at Sheraton Towers Singapore. We are glad that our guestrooms and lobby are up to your expectation. Your review is very much appreciated and we look forward to be of service to you again.

Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I've been staying at this hotel since 2007 for business.
The rooms have been renovated in recent years, although their layout is exactly the same. The beds are FANTASTIC - firm with great quality linen. The bathrooms have been given a minor update, but remain pretty much the same as they were. Apparently the dining and bar areas are to be renovated in the next year.
The location suits me - a bit away from Orchard Road, which is a nice stroll of about 15 mins. Buses and the MRT Newton station are very close, and underground connections will improve in the next few years with current extensions to the network.
However, the menus NEVER change - dinner, breakfast and room service. This time I couldn't face breakfast on a few mornings. It was too depressing to go down and see the same options offered since 2007, in a slightly beaten and worn and not always tidy dining area.
Overall, the staff are what still make this place for me - always polite and helpful. Friendly without being over-familiar, and I feel genuinely comfortable for the time I'm there.
I use the spa for convenience, but it's expensive and I don't think the treatments are outstanding, although I had a very thorough leg wax.
Disappointingly, this time I was an early morning departure with an early flight. I rang down for assistance with my bags, and nobody answered the phone. So my travel companion and I took our own bags down to the lobby, where some staff were on reception and at the concierge's desk wrapping newspapers. However, NOBODY moved to help us as we STRUGGLED through the lobby to the driveway with our bags and cases. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE BEEN DISAPPOINTED WITH THE SERVICE AT THIS HOTEL.
My workplace now has arrangements with other hotels in Singapore, and for the first time I'm thinking about changing next time I'm there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank tongi
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear tongi

Thank you for sharing a comprehensive review of your stay with us. Whilst we are disappointed to learn of your unsatisfactory stay, we truly appreciate your feedback as it provides us with the valuable insights for improvements.

Please rest assured that we have taken note of your comments and will work towards rectifying the issues you shared earlier. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to invite you back for a more fulfilling stay the next round.

Portland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We were denied our Platinum Starwood suite upgrade at check-in. The room we were given was supposedly an upgrade. If it was an upgrade, I would not want to see the basic room.
Let's start with the pros: the wifi and the a/c works. That said, the cons: The location will require use of the metro or taxis. The hotel is not near the central business district or any tourist attractions other than Orchard Road's shopping malls which are a generous 15 minute walk uphill! The lobby is dated and should be gutted. The gym is dated and the interiors also need to be redone. 7 cardio machines are in short supply during peak hours. The pool has approximately 22 lounge chairs which go quickly on nice days. We were told the pool deck has been redone but it doesn't strike me as opulent or of the type of pool area befitting the nightly rates this hotel strikes. The club lounge is average, as Platinum guests who always have access, we have seen them all around the world The food and service in the club, as many reviews have noted is average to below average. Rooms are smallish and constrained by the original hotel design. The bathroom is also small with no separate shower. There are a handful with decks on the 5th floor. We would have happily traded ours for nicer quality or the Platinum suite upgrade which provides more space.
After our first night we asked the club room concierge if any suites for upgrade had become available, since we were seeing a wide variety of rooms and suites on the Starwood reservation site. Oops, it became clear we had been lied to when we were told at check-in the hotel was sold out for the Chinese New Year holiday. Katie the concierge made a call and then explained to me that the suites that the hotel upgrades Platinum guests were not available, but the suites one step higher were fortunately available and for an upgrade FEE, the hotel would happily help us make the room change. Thanks Starwood...way to build goodwill with your highest level guests! Furthermore, I have stayed in multiple Starwood properties where we were upgraded to far superior suites than the basic level because management chose to go out of their way to offer bespoke service and meet the needs of their top clientele.
In addition a manager named John insisted on showing us an upgraded room from ours. While it was a corner and had access directly to the pool, we found the square footage roughly the same. It's quality was as average as our room and having direct access to a pool with a bunch of kids playing with their families was not our idea of an upgrade. It wasted my time.
We will never stay here again. I'm embarrassed to see the St Regis upgraded room a colleague is staying and furthermore at a price point roughly equal to the current rates at the Sheraton.
I should have paid closer attention to the reviews on Tripadvisor. It's obvious why this hotel currently ranks all the way down at #100 of the hotels in Singapore.
Savvy travelers can do far better as I just learned.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank PDXStocks
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear PDXStocks

Thank you for a detailed review of your stay. We are disappointed to learn that your experience was not up to expectations and we are very sorry about it. Our guestroom and pool area have been refurbished and we are saddened to learn that they were not to your liking.

We truly appreciate your feedback on the guest room as well as facilities and we sincerely regret that we were unable to provide a satisfying stay experience for you. Nonetheless, we do hope for an opportunity to welcome you back to a warm and fitting experience that should be expected of Sheraton Towers Singapore, in the future.