Sheraton Towers Singapore
Ranked #47 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed for only one night there last month.I would start my review on location. Sheraton Towers is 2 minutes walking from the MTS station. From there it's pretty easy to get to all major attractions thru the metro system. It is a little bit off the Orchard road, which is not a bad thing if you want to be away from the busy streets but still close enough to walk there.

The room was not cheap but we stayed on a free reward night. Nevertheless, Singapore hotels in general are quite pricey. We stayed at a high floor level, chose free Wi-Fi and got a plate fruits as I was a gold member with SPG. Nothing exceeded our expectations but nothing to complain either. We didn't dine in the hotel since there are a lot of options nearby.

Front desk staffs were great. We were given a welcome letter signed by the manager at the time of check-in. Check-in and out was done fast. The lobby is huge and gorgeous. However, the view from our room was not that exciting. That's something you could get if staying on the streets or at harbor.

Overall, we were satisfied with our short stay right at our expectation. But we may choose other places to stay for different experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tiffany m
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear tiffany m,

Thank you for your kind review of Sheraton Towers Singapore. It is heartening to know that you had a pleasant stay experience and that you like our convenient location and the service rendered by our associates. Your kind feedback is truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. As a SPG Platinum I was upgraded to an Executive Suite. The suite was full of old furniture that was huge in size. They might have renovated the room but it still looked dated. Bulky furniture made it even worse. The suite size was about 50 sqm, a typical Junior suite in Asia. Cleanliness was also an issue here. When I arrived I could see some hairs on the bathtub. Maybe it was the housekeeper's. Won't come here again if there is another option.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GeorgeSingapore
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear GeorgeSingapore,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your recent stay with us was not up to your expectations, especially with the highlighted issue pertaining to the cleanliness of the room. Please rest assured that we have noted your feedback and we will raise this up with the Housekeeping department. Nonetheless, we appreciate your valuable feedback and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family just returned from our first trip to Singapore and the pleasure to stay at the Sheraton Singapore Towers. What a fantastic experience. I had read several traveler reviews before we left, but it seemed that it was a mix of comments. That didn't necessarily concern me me because I know some folks expect the world when they stay in a different country and sometimes don't appreciate the local culture and people. I must say that our stay was one great event after another.

I must say that the main contributing factor for our enjoyable stay was the attitude, service and friendliness of the staff. Particularly Daniel, who worked at the front desk. He made us feel very welcomed from the moment we arrived and set the tone for the great service we received throughout the stay.

We were just a 5 minute walk from the subway system and in a quiet part of the city, which made it easy get away from the more crowded areas of town. When in Singapore again in the near future, we plan to stay at the Sheraton Singapore Towers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PBruce74
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear PBruce74,

Thank you for your kind review of Sheraton Towers Singapore. We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay. We are very encouraged by your generous compliments on our associate Daniel, as well as the overall stay experience. Thank you for staying with us and it would be our pleasure to be of service to you again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Sheraton Towers in April, and enjoyed our stay. Perhaps the hotel’s biggest attribute is its staff, they are courteous, approachable and knowledgeable. Xavier, one of the concierges was most gracious and helped us out with restaurant and other eatery tips as well as things to do that would keep an eleven year-old amused. The location of the hotel is a key benefit, as it is walking distance to the subway and not too far from Orchard Road. We had the benefit of being able to use the Club Lounge, which was a pleasant respite, it is well stocked and properly attended. All and all we enjoyed our visit, and plan to stay there again on subsequent trips.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ThreeTravellers2013
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear ThreeTravellers2013,

Thank you for your kind review of Sheraton Towers Singapore. We are glad to learn that both you and your son had an enjoyable stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind feedback on your stay experience and your compliments on our Concierge associate.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Arrived for 2 night stay late in evening. Had used Agoda to book at a special rate with a non-smoking room and excl. b/fast and wi-fi. On arrival check in had a room reserved for us as smoking(appears it is a b/down between Agoda and Sheraton and also could not enter SPG number(has a standard room request details on it) into Agoda due to special rate provided which did not help. Lady changed the rooms but seemed a little uptight to do it so kept the voucher we had.. When we arrived luggage was taken and put near bell desk in foyer(foyer appears quite dark and sombre) and no docket provided by porter. After receipt of room keys etc. we just walk up to unattended bell desk and take our bags and go to room. Concern was we could have been anybody picking up those bags. Not sure what is going on there. Also noted that carpet behind the checkin desk leading to the offices behind the checkin area was worn thru in areas and thought they maybe some other issues elsewhere. Also wi-fi is free in the foyer but noyt in the room. Could not work this out at all so foyer full of ipads being used for wi-fi. First impressions are the always lasting ones they say.
Room was quite large, clean, comfortable and provided the facilities expected of this standard of hotel in this hotel group. It seemed to have older style furnishings mixed with modern style. It was a little dark but quiet.
Breakfast was disgusting. Price wise there is very little difference between continental and full b/fast and it is quite expensive for what you get. Very western style(dim sum type food was ok but could get better elsewhere). My lady is Vegan so eats fruit etc. Some of the fruit was tinned and the cheese was a cream cheese in a wrapper(seemed like there was nothing else), coffee was typical of USA based hotels weak and percolated when one cosnsiders the quality of the coffee from Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos, pastries had no bounce to them and were of poor standard. B/Fast seemed like something you would expect in a USA based hotel excl. the dim sum food. The staff were very mechanical is how they worked and the smiles were missing. Also the allowance of people in singlets, shorts and thongs into the area and around food should not be permitted
Overall room was great, location fine but foyer, breakfast, etc. not good.
Note this was the end of a long trip thru Asia and this was the worst hotel we had been in. To me it seemed like a holiday resort hotel and this was strange considering our stay was during the week and not the weekend,
I have lived in Singapore and stayed in anukmber of other hotels in the city so I am comparing apples to apples here.
I have also provided the same comments to the Sheraton Group and this hotel and also the Agoda operation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank queenslandtraveller

Dear queenslandtraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on your recent stay with us. While it heartens us that you like our guest room as well as location, it is regrettable to learn that the breakfast spread and service rendered by our associates impacted your overall impression of us. Please rest assured that we have noted and reviewed your valuable feedback and review this with the team.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we will have the opportunity to invite you back for a more fulfilling stay the next round.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I travel to Singapore often and this was the first time I stayed at Sheraton Towers. I would say the hotel is conveniently located (close to MRT and Orchard Road but not on Orchard Road), the staff are friendly but felt the rooms not providing a good experience. The wifi was chargable even though I am a SPG member unlike other hotels in the vicinity which provides complimentary wifi and at a much lower room tarriff and great rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rinkeshj
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Rinkeshj,

Thank you for your review. Whilst we are heartened that you’ve enjoyed the service rendered by our associates as well as our convenient location, we are disappointed to learn that the guest room was not up to your expectation. Nonetheless, we thank you for letting us know of your thoughts on it.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I booked this hotel on-line while in transit from HK via KL to Singapore. Something was wrong with the SPG website, so I had to book the room on another travel site. The booking was made at 10pm on the night of arrival and I wasn't arriving till 1am at the earliest.

Having whizzed through the ever efficient Singapore airport, (15 mins) from stepping of plane, collecting luggage and clearing customs), I sadly ground to a halt at the taxi queue, there must have been over 200 waiting. TIP, Book a hotel pick up for flights arriving between 12-00am and 2am.

I reached the hotel at around 2-15am there was no-one on the door to help with luggage, so I walked with my luggage into the hotel and turned right towards the reception. The public part of the hotel looks seriously tired circa 1980 and untouched. The hall porter who remained seated as I passed him with 2 suit cases made no move to assist.

At the check-in I presented my passport and my printed booking reference, but it took them nearly 10 minutes to find it. They then informed me that as I had booked through a 3rd party, my status with the SPG system, wouldn't be recognised, this is the first i had ever heard about such a rule. Even though I had booked a non-smoking king size bed, they informed me that it wasn't available. At 2-45am this isn't the sort of thing one wishes to have to deal with. After a little more persuasion!!!! They suddenly found a room on the club floor by the pool.

The room was ok, but dark, but the bathroom was pokey and basic. How this could claim to be a 5 star hotel I do not know. I took a look at the breakfast in the morning and passed, just awful.

I was so thankful I had only committed to spend 1 night at this hotel, as any further time would have ruined my trip.

I checked out in the afternoon, the queue was 20 deep and only 1 person was on duty. Only after my intervention did they find more staff.

Having prepaid, so the only charge on my account was a local call, they managed to have made an error and added a dinner for the previous night, when I hadn't even arrived, also while I was having this fictitious dinner in their dinning room, I was also watching a film in my room that I hadn't checked into yet (arrived 5 hours after the film down load). Plus they had added some laundry for good measure.

The costs were all removed of course, but this did take a further 10 minutes and 3 printouts.

I carried my luggage once again from the room to reception to the front entrance, passing the bell boys, but none offered to assist.

To sum up, this hotel is just awful, the building requires a complete overhaul and the staff need some training basic training how to deal with customers. One has the feeling this hotel is ready for closure or redevelopment.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel