“Amazing Stay”
Review of M Hotel Singapore

M Hotel Singapore
Ranked #123 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed in Hotel M, with my collegue and we had a wonderful stay for 2 nights. The hotel is in excellent location (very close to my office). The rooms are nice and spacious. We even used the conference rooms which are spacious too. Breakfast spread is awsome. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 22, 2010

M Hotel is a very good hotel situated in the heart if the city. The hotel itself is very well maintained. The rooms are reasoable sized, very clean, pre quipped with all your requirements. The staff is courteous. Breakfast is good as well. You could eat your regular continental breakfast or experiment with the local food that they served. Cafe 2000 (if i get it right) served excellent sea food and you could well choose to dine there.
Compared to a few other 5 stars it seemed to be a touch expensive (itself being a 4 star property). Not sure, i was comparing to another companion, who may have happened to get an exceptional deal with another 5 star, and may not reflect general prices.
One minor Short coming - didnit get talc even on request!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I stayed twice at the M. The first time, I purchased the upgrade to the Executive floor. The Executive Lounge is a very quiet nook, unlike the coffee shop at the Lobby Level, which is typically packed and noisy. I did not perceive significant difference between the Executive floor room and the room that I had got the other time. They were both spacious, well lit and very business traveller friendly. The breakfast spread was OK, but the evening refreshments at the Executive Lounge had very interesting finger food. The hotel has excellent view of the container terminals at the harbour, with a lot of night time activity, which make interesting view from the rooms on higher floors. However, the nearest MRT station, Tajong Pagar, is a bit of a walk, so if you are planning to take the MRT from the airport, do some only if you are travelling light.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I gave this hotel 4 stars in the hope that this review would be read...seems the honest reviews have been pushed to the back in favor of higher ratings. First of all, they have chairs at the reception desk. You'll need one. After waiting for 10 minutes, I sat in the chair for another 10. Never have I ever experienced a check-in process as convoluted as theirs, and I travel at least 100 days a year. (The clerk called my room immediately after I arrived to see if she had given me a credit card receipt because she couldn't find it. She hadn't.) I reserved a non-smoking room. They didn't have one. The room was reserved with an online rate, and even though my company has a corporate rate agreement with the hotel, they wouldn't give it to me. Internet is $30/day. There is not an alarm clock in the room. The bed is hard as a rock. (Not surprising for an asian hotel, but don't believe other reviews stating that the beds are comfortable.) Bathroom seems fine, but I can hear the person above my room every time they drop a pencil. Bottom line, expensive hotel (though it is Singapore) with no incentive for me to EVER stay here again. Ever.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank gilmeras
M_Hotel_Management, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay at M Hotel. We apologise and have taken on board your feedback on our shortfalls and we will strive to improve on it. We hope you will return in the near future and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Best regards.
BENEDICT NG

Reviewed October 15, 2010

I have spent 5 nights in this hotels. There are pro and cons staying in this hotel located at Singapore financial district. However, I think the room is great but it is not value for money.

Pro:
Spacious and clean room. The bed is comfortable. Helpful and friendly staffs. Easy access to taxi and MRT station. Ergonomic working desk.

Con:
Not much food choices on breakfast. Long-q for breakfast especially peak hour in the morning as the cafeteria is too small and the food arrange in one line. Lousy cable TV program.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with M Hotel. Glad to hear you had a good stay with us except for the food and beverage services that we will strive to improve including the in-house TV channels.

Best regards.
BENEDICT NG

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Really new joint when I visited in mid 2009. Oddly convenient in the middle of CBD even at night and the weekends, a short walk to most transport and food. It felt like a straight up and down business joint, but there were ltos of families and tourists and the fixtures were more luxurious than that.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
M_Hotel_Management, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2010

Dear Toby-Jean,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Singapore. We are glad that you have taken the time to share your comments on our facilities that you experienced during your stay with us.
Meanwhile, if there is anything that we can do for you in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards,
Benedict Ng

Reviewed October 5, 2010

+ves
Grt service,excellent rooms,contemporary decor,spacious,decent bf,decent pool& gym,
-ves
Quiet location,not tourist friendly

• Stayed: September 2010
M_Hotel_Management, General Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Singapore. We are glad that you have taken the time to share your comments on our facilities and services that you experienced during your stay with us.
Your valuable suggestions and comments will be shared with our management team and staff as we continue to seek improvement on our services.