“Nice Hotel for Business”
Review of M Hotel Singapore

M Hotel Singapore
Ranked #118 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 23, 2013

M Hotel is conveniently located to most of the business orientate areas of Singapore. A short walk from the hotel's entrance will land you at the subway station near the International Plaza. From here you can catch a subway to your favorite spots in town.

In the hotel itself there is a nice bar which has an outdoor area for smoking. The staff is fast and friendly and always attentive to your needs. On the lobby floor there is a restaurant that has a decent buffet. It is easy in and out if you haven’t made a decision on where you wanted to eat for the night or you don’t want to venture too far away from the hotel.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, I did not find any problems when I stayed there for a week back in September of 2012. If you get a harbor/bay view you will see the shipping yards. They are busy and full of action but might not be the desired view you really want.

Prices for the hotel are steep compared to American standards but you are in Singapore and we all know that nothing is cheap besides the hawker food stands. Speaking of hawker food stands, there is a entire block about 15 min walk away that is closed down at night and turned into a giant hawker food street! I forget the name but you can't miss it if you walk to the right out of the hotel and go straight for 10-15mins. It will be on the right side. They have tons of food and cold tap beer!

Room Tip: Upgrade your room for free laundry and beer! They have some decent packages
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
MHotelSing, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear MrHomeless,

Thank you for the very insightful review. It is exhilarating to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the rooms, hospitality standards, hotel location and amenities to be highly satisfactory.

We believe the hawker food street you mentioned is the famous Chinatown Food Street which offers a resplendent selection of hawker fare in a mesmerizing alfresco setting amid conserved shophouses.

A point to note however that is the Chinatown Food Street is closed for renovations till late 2013. Alternatively, you may like to visit the equally renowned Lau Pa Sat which is also within close proximity from our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another pleasurable stay

Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

M Hotel is nestled on the financial district of Singapore. Easy access to bus station, metro station and taxes wherever you wanna go in the city. This is within walking distance to Lau Pa Sat-ample Singaporean dinning options. Our room has nice view of the harbor and beds are comfortable. Guest services are well trained in providing excellent customer service. This is a bit expensive considering the location but if you want to have wonderful experience of Singapore this is a place for you to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear AgostoAgustin,

Thank you for your good review and kind recommendation. We are heartened to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the M Hotel Singapore and particularly liked the hotel location, guest service standards and rooms. We hope to be your preferred accommodation in Singapore and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

M-Hotel is a good hotel, quite close to the business area of Singapore, and well connected with subway and bus. The staff is almost perfect, the rooms are spacious with all services, the breakfast is various and for any taste. The 3 restaurants are tasy and cover also any flavour, only a little bit expensive, but this is normal in te center of Singapore.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear StefanoRimini,

Thank you for the glowing review, the high level of satisfaction pertaining to your stay experience at the M Hotel Singapore is very rewarding to us. We are committed to offering the best possible hospitality standards to every guest. We hope to be your choice hotel and look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The M Hotel is located just in the CBD in Singapore. I stayed here on business for 4 weeks.
Its fine, nothing too special to say - rooms are decent size, breakfast and location is decent.
Really a rather boring hotel - definitely for business and not for pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
MHotelSing, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear GaryPC,

Thank you for your feedback, we trust you had a fruitful stay with us. You would be pleased to know that the M Hotel Singapore is also an ideal accommodation choice for leisure travellers.
For a start, tourist attractions such as Chinatown, Lau Pat Sat, Sentosa, Marina Bay are in close proximity to the hotel and they offer much to see and do.

Also, there are entertainment, dining and relaxation options within the hotel vicinity to cater to the needs of the leisure traveller, such as J Bar, Café 2000, The Buffet, Hokkaido Sushi and HAACH @ M.

Alternatively, do enquire with our affable concierge for their recommendations for other places of interest. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a typical business class hotel with amenities geared as such. Checking in is a breeze most of the time with courteous and friendly staff manning the front desks. Rooms are of a decent size and for the business traveller a good size desk to work on. Hotel serves good continental breakfast but if you're bored with the fare and wish to sample something different, there a number of nifty eateries just minutes away. Anson road is not exactly where you would want to be during the weekends unless you're looking for solitude in this almost complete hotel minus the tackiness seen at bigger establishments.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear JKT123,

It is good to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the rooms, hospitality standards and breakfast quality to be highly satisfactory. The M Hotel is close to tourist attractions such as Vivocity, Chinatown, Sentosa and Marina Bay which offer leisure activities aplenty.

Alternatively, the hotel itself offers entertainment at J Bar, relaxation by the Waterfloor or the HAACH spa and varied dining options such as Café 2000, The Buffet and Hokkaido Sushi.

We look forward to welcoming you back and being at your service again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on 4th of may for 1 night with my mother (i stayed at room 2933). I went to hotel early in the morning about 7am and asked if I can have a early check in. Upon check in, receptionist said there is no room avaliable for early check in even I upgrade the room to higher category. At the moment, my mother is vomiting and sick so I really needed a room. Receptionist mentioned that they do not have any room available but suddenly she mention that they have one room which is suite room. I mentioned that it does not matter if I need to pay more but she said she did not have any room and suddenly there is a room available. I do not understand why she did not mention about this room at the first place when the situation was a bit emergency. I paid additional charge to take the room but she mentioned that I still have to wait for the room cause it was not ready. I could understand if I needed to wait a while if she mention it before I pay additional charge but she mentioned it after I pay all charges. The way the receptionist spoke to me was very rude and dishonest. She did not mention any of benefits such as free wifi access, breakfast information and etc. Only thing she was mentioning was about the charge i need to pay. Do I have to double confirm with receptionist or with other worker to find what is my benefit even I pay for more that 400 a day???
Forgetting about benefit is a minor thing and I tried to understand, but what is going on with the club lounge?
Club lounge suppose to provide more care and service to guest because the guest who is using lounge pay more money than other guest. However, when I enter lounge they ask me to write my room number on the paper and within less than 5 minute the same receptionist came and ask me to write the room number on the paper. They should at least remember who has entered the lounge and care of them. The next day it happened that same thing and I felt the service of lounge was very poor. I did not plan to write a comment of the hotel on internet, but when I asked if there is any comment form the receptionist told me they do not have a such thing. I even mentioned that I need to comment form to write about complain but she did not even ask what was the complain about and careless about the feedback of guest. Overall, room condition itself was nice but in service way it was very disappointing and waste of my money and time.

Room Tip: Pls dont stay this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
MHotelSing, Hotel Management at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear hallohallow,

We view your invaluable feedback seriously and we sincerely apologise for the lapse of service by the front office staff. Please leave us your contact details or write to us at guestrelations.mhs@millenniumhotels.com so that we can investigate the matter and revert with you personally.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Spending the weekend here was not quite the choice but, due to a wrong booking, the friend and I ended up at M hotel in Anson Road.

Check-in was smooth though only rooms with two single beds were available should we want a room 'now'. For rooms with a double bed, we would have to wait for 30mins. Not too happy, we still chose to wait.

Our room was located on the 18th floor of the building. Not quite much of a view - there were tall buildings all around us. But, we were awed by the space and furniture in the room. There was a single seater, reclining leather seat by the window. There was a desk large and long enough by the phone - best suited for corporate guests. Plentiful power points.
Outstandingly long dressing table.

The bathroom had a shower and a bath-tub (only for soaking). Wow. And we were only having the superior room. I wonder how the deluxe would be like.
We loved the space.

We visited the pool on the 11th floor. Not fantastically huge but good enough for a few laps. There were two jacuzzi for use, glad for warm water. Sufficient (in my opinion) sun bathing chairs.

Though located in the 'dead' financial district, we still had plenty of dining options in the vicinity - Tanjong Pagar, where 100am and Icon Village were. Not to mention the whole stretch of eateries (though mostly Korean cuisine).

One thing that got our gripe was, the air-conditioning in the room. It was so stuffy and hot even though we had the fan blowing at full blast and the temperature set to 14degC.
We were still feeling the heat and could not sleep well.

Would I visit again? Yes, I would.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear juzcrap,

Thank you for the good review. It is a pleasure having read that you enjoyed the spacious and well-appointed rooms, the pool facilities and the convenience of our location. Moreover, we are heartened to have the privilege to welcome you back again. We do however regret for the faulty air conditioning in your room and wished you could have alerted our guest relations staff to facilitate repairs.