“Good business hotel”

Ranked #80 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Manchester
“Good business hotel”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a good hotel and I would quite happily stay here again. It might not be the best location, but taxis are cheap ($5 to Orchard Road) and you can walk along the river to Clarke Quay from the hotel. My check in experience was absolutely fine. My room was comfortable, spacious and clean with a great view of the river and skyline. The bathroom was a little dated, and the water pressure was low for the shower (no bath in my room). There was free Wi-Fi in the rooms and in the lobby which was great. Given this was a large hotel and breakfast included in the (very reasonable) price, I was surprised how good the breakfast buffet was, and un-crowded (easy to find a table, no long queues). Lastly, the lifts were very fast and efficient (this is usually a problem in other large hotels I have stayed in). All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ayjay_10
GrandCopthorneSing, Hotel Management at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear ayjay_10,

We are pleased to know that your stay experience was enjoyable and heartened that you would be back again. Your good review is deeply appreciated and serves as motivation for us to strive for continual excellence. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Lodi, California
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is on the Singapore river and is very conveniently located. Rooms are clean and comfortable although perhaps just a little dated? Check was a pain: having booked and prepaid a room with a bayview and a king bed, it was tedious to have to go through and explain that having paid for these options I did expect to get them. Clearly the room I had been assigned by the desk did not meet these criteria.
The location is excellent. About 25 minutes walk to Orchard Road and, from the rear of the hotel, you can walk all the way to the bay past the numberous bars, restaurants and cafes which line the river. As there was such a huge choice outside the hotel, I did not try either the hotel bar or any of the restaurants.
Aside from the minor check in hassle I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a bayview room: the view is worth the effort!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Paul C,

We are pleased that your overall stay experience with us was enjoyable. We do however regret that the check-in experience fell short and apologise for any inconveniences caused.

We seek your kind understanding that due to high occupancy rates, the room which you pre-booked was not available at the point of your check-in. However, we trust the arrangement thereafter was satisfactory.

It is most heartening to know that you would still be staying with us again and we hope to be your preferred hotel in Singapore. We look forward to being of service to you again.
singapore
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My partner booked this hotel for my birthday celebration and I was looking forward to it. We checked in late due to a movie earlier on and was told that the room was not ready. Was quite pissed actually since the normal check-in time is 2-3pm and we arrived around 4pm plus. Quite obvious that they didn't prepare the room prior to our arrival. The front desk manager was a little rude to my partner (though I didn't witness the whole procedure) and was we were given 2 tickets of complimentary drinks at the lounge while waiting for our room to be ready. In the end we were given a late check-out and they upgraded our room to a higher floor with city view (nice view I must say). The room is well furnished, though I was wondering why the TV is so small when the room is quite spacious. It makes the room looks empty... The position of the TV is also a bit out of angle to the bed and I have to shift the TV a little to make viewing more easy. The king size bed is comfortable though. The bath tub, however, tends to leak and we have to constantly on the water to make it a full tub.

The next day after I check-out, I forgot to bring home my hand phone cable. Called the hotel and was told that nothing is found. I am pretty sure I didn't bring home and ask if there's any occupant in the room. The replied was yes, so I kinda suspected the room service people didn't went in to the room to check. I called again next day to check on that and this kind and helpful lady told me they have found it...

Overall I feel that the customer service can be improved. Or I was wondering is it because we look like kids and is local that's why they are serving us half-heartedly? I really hope this is not the case (that they only served 100% to the tourist and not local) because we are the paying customers as well. Sigh...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mlwl15,

We regret that due to high occupancy rates, the room you booked was unavailable at the point of your check-in. We trust the arrangement to accord you with the room upgrade was satisfactory.

We apologise for the lapse of service that you experienced, rest assured this is not representative of the usual standard of service at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront. Additionally, we would like to highlight that we do not practice preferential treatment to our guests as we endeavour to deliver the highest hospitality experience for each and every valued guest.

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback and we will look into your concerns and make improvements accordingly. We hope to welcome you back and experience the positive difference.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Good:
-Some rooms face the river, nice...
-Good front office staff.
-Located next to ZOUK Disco.
-Breakfast is amazing!!!

Bad:
-Have to walk to the nearest bus stop.
-Quite secluded.
-Hotel's restaurants are expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear singlish_sg,

Thank you for your good review, we are glad your stay at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront was fruitful and enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel exceeded by expectations.
Had requested an early check in and the request was met.
The rooms were large, well appointed and the view excellent.
The breakfast spread was also good ..although the hotel is very business like in maintaining timings & the replenishment of empty vessels is found wanting..heard a lot of irritated folk.
have a floor (5th floor if i recall) which has a gym, tennis court and swimming pool
Wifi free in the room, bathroom fittings new and well appointed.

Overall an excellent stay although i was there only for a day while transiting to sentosa.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the river ..not sure if these are the best though
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear ASA321,

Thank you for the excellent review, it is exhilarating to know that the Grand Copthorne Waterfront exceeded your expectations and that you had a fruitful stay with us. We hope to be your preferred hotel in Singapore and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

My colleague and I had a good experience staying at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront. Staff were generally friendly and helpful. The room was small but adequate for a business stay. The buffet breakfast was good with a good spread of western and local food.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank StefyKL
GrandCopthorneSing, Hotel Management at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear StefyKL,

We are pleased to know of your pleasant stay at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront. Thank you for your kind compliments as they are testament to our continual efforts in delivering the highest hospitality standards. We hope to welcome you back again for another splendid stay with us and we look forward to being of service to you soon.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Recently I had a 7 day trip to Singapore and I stayed at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront. I arrived about 1am in the morinign and the staff were extremely nice to a weary traveler, helping me up to my room and making a special call to get me some room service. The location is great, sitting along the river and having breakfast or drinks is a dreat start or end to the day. The rooms are nice, not extravagent but very comfortable. I would not hesitiate to stay at this property again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stuart V,

Thank you for the excellent review, it is pleasing to know that the Grand Copthorne Waterfront exceeded your expectations and that you would definitely stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back and being of service to you soon.