3,534 results
All reviews singapore river food capital piano bar great world city clarke quay river view walk along the river executive club orchard road breakfast buffet restaurants and bars executive floor free shuttle business hotel marina bay deluxe room mrt station
Reviewed October 22, 2012

6 of us stayed in three rooms here in August 2012. Two rooms were excellent but the 3rd was musty. However we were quickly moved when we complained. All rooms were spacious, clean and overlooked the river, good view. We enjoyed the breakfast every day for 6 days. Also swam in the pool most days especially after the day's shopping or sight seeing. Nice to relax on the sunlounge.
The hotel is a little way out of town. The concierges, especially the woman (forget her name now, sorry) were very helpful in assisting us with our day's plans.
There is a complimentary shuttle bus, which is fine for getting you to one of the destinations it travels to. However, later in the day you're best not to rely on it to pick you up as I think the driver calls it quits if he thinks no one is around. We waited over 1/2 hour for it at a Chinatown (and we were at the stop before the scheduled time) but it didn't appear. Apart from that, our stay was good.

Room Tip: Try for a river view on one of the higher levels
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank smilechezza11
GrandCopthorneSing, Hotel Management at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear smilechezza11,

Thank you for your good review. Our housekeepers would be happy to know you enjoyed the clean and spacious room. Indeed, our rooms with river view are highly coveted. It is also very heartening to know our concierge had been tremendously helpful during your stay with us.

We however regret that the return shuttle bus service was not fulfilled. We hope it did not mar an overall wonderful stay experience. Nonetheless, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here on the way to and from Europe to break the long flight from Australia. The hotel is in a good location - only 10-12 minutes walk from Clarke Quay (excellent food outlets), and there are a few shopping areas nearby. The room was plaenat and well-maitained, service very good, staff very friendly. My only regert is that I didn't get an opportunity to tryn out the Quaich Bar - a whisky bar in the same precinct - their stock of single malts looked really good.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OzCaliburn

Dear OzCaliburn,

It is a pleasure to know you had a wonderful time whilst staying at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront. We are glad our well-appointed room and impeccable hospitality were highly appreciated. We love to welcome you back again for another superb stay experience and hope you would have time to visit the bar then.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here twice now - I had no choice in the decision, my local business contacts here in Singapore use it. It was clearly once a four star hotel that is down on its luck. On both trips the shower is weak and water is not hot enough for those of us who (old fashioned I know) like to wet shave.

On this trip I was due to stay for six nights - three business, three R&R. Cancelled the R&R nights due to family emergency in UK - they cancelled this but also the third of my business nights - rather problematic since day three involve me teaching a course. What made it worse was that they put me in a smoking (connecting family type, i.e. noisy) room on check-in, claiming they were overbooked. Hello, this conference is a major international one to put Singapore on the map, organised months ago and you p*ss off one of your keynote speakers? Does not show the usual Singaporean customer service. My local contact got on the case and to give the duty manager her due she got me moved asap (so not full as the person at the desk claimed). Meanwhile I'd (re)booked my 3 R&R nights at my usual haunt, the Rendezvous, in case I was able to stick around Sg - I can, and the Rendezvous has been renovated. So my local contacts here ended up paying full rack rate for a room there for my third business night so I wouldn't have to move room/hotel three times.

Fixtures are rubbish here - TV dodgy in first room, phone in new room has keys that don't work - rather annoying when you have to use them to pick up an urgent message.The keycards work about 75% of the time in the elevators. My a/c is intermittently noisy.

All in all, this hotel is overpriced and only worth it if you want to stuff your face at the buffet breakfast. Otherwise avoid, they cut corners in small but significant ways.

Room Tip: I haven't encountered any.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GrandCopthorneSing, Hotel Management at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Terry_UTS,

We regret that your stay experience was less than ideal and apologize for the inconveniences caused. As much as we would like to fulfill all guest room requests, we regret that certain requests are not met as a result of high occupancy rate. In our unending effort in ascertaining a consistently high hospitality standard, we have taken note on the shortfalls as mentioned and seek to rectify them accordingly. Thank you for your invaluable feedback and allowing us to explore improvements to better our guest experience. We hope to welcome you back in the near future and experiencing an enhanced stay.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

When we booked our trip (in April) we didn't realise that the F1 Grand Pix was on at the same time we were going to be there in Singapore. As a result, prices were higher than normal, there were more people around, road closures (due to race circuit requirements), made it a little more difficult to get around. But taking that into consideration, we thoughly enjoyed our stay here on the river. Our corner room on the 9th floor overlooked the river & the city. It was comfortable, and suited our needs. The staff were polite & helpful in all aspects. Even though it may be out of the main stream of the city area, a casual stroll along the river was most enjoyable and worthwhile, with the many eating & drinking places along the way. The choice is yours. We were able to organise a tour through the hotel, which made it easy for us. This was our 2nd time to Singapore since our first time in 1975. There have been many changes (for the better I must add). We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Daddyo47,

It is most delightful to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront and that you found the service and amenities accorded to have exceeded your high expectations. Without a doubt, our ideal waterfront location and close proximity to major touristy attractions is one of our best assets, along with our team of hospitable service professionals who endeavour to make a positive impact in every aspect of service delivery. Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we hope to be your choice hotel for your future visits to Singapore.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I’ve just returned from Singapore and stayed for 7 nights at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel. This is a good business hotel with some meetings rooms and conference activities. Pool is small but perfectly adequate and there is also a small gym. The hotel location is great, by the river, with lots of restaurants and bars within easy walking. You can walk (~20 minutes) along the river to Clarke Quay where there are lots of restaurants, but it is now very geared up for tourists and not what it was. There are much better and less touristy eateries just across the river from the hotel along Robertson Quay. Orchard Road is a short taxi ride away, but is not really walking distance, for shopping.

The hotel staff were polite, friendly and extremely helpful – with a very late flight back to UK and having checked out in the morning they allowed me to shower and change later in the evening. The room I was in was very good with river view, well cleaned with good bathroom (shower but no bath) and room safe. It was supplied with two bottles of complimentary water daily. The air-conditioning was good and needed as humidity is generally high. WiFi and cable internet were available in room but were pay extra and quite expensive – not something I would expect from a hotel of this level which should have it as free to guests. There is a separate floor (Residenzia) for longer term stays in more apartment type accommodation (I believe). The buffet was fine for breakfast with a lot of choice and I also had lunch there as part of business but I wouldn’t eat dinner there as there are many better restaurants in easy walking distance. There was a big play on the new Italian restaurant (Pontini’s) in the hotel but we spend a lot of time in Italy and looking at the menu it wasn’t anything special and very, very expensive - we didn’t eat there. The Piano Bar is also very, very expensive as has been said by other reviewers.

Room Tip: Get a river view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Oldbolter

Dear Oldbolter,

It is a pleasure to learn of your wonderful time while staying at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront. We are heartened that you found our exemplary service standards and well-appointed amenities to be highly satisfactory. Indeed, our waterfront location is ideal as a base to explore the sights and sounds of the bustling leisure scene along the Singapore River. We hope to be your choice hotel for future visits and look forward to welcoming you back soon.