I'll preface my stay with here that Singapore hotels are very expensive for good quality rooms and anything relatively inexpensive is going to be a very poor hotel.
We stayed in Copthorne King's Hotel for a few nights and it was adequate but the hotel had few draw backs that I will happily point out.
The room itself is very small and if you have any amount of luggage there is simply no place to put it without bumping into it. The bathroom is also a mini tub and again its alarmingly small. However if you do not have much luggage and are here for a short stay then I think the hotel is quite ok. The aircon kept the room cool and the bed was extremely comfortable. There was plenty of hot water and the pressure was really good.
Breakfast was included with the room and it was very bland. There was both western and asian cuisine but the selection of dishes were limited. One morning we decided to skip the free breakfast and have a chinese breakfast in chinatown which was a better option in my opinion.
The service itself was hard to judge apart from our mini safe was locked when we arrived so I requested assistance and it took nearly hr to get someone up to correct the problem. We also had issues getting a taxi when we wanted to go out at night from the hotel. The bell boys didnt seem in a hurry when we requested assistance getting a taxi because we had a few appts to make. On one occasion we had to walk to the petrol station/convenience store a few blocks away to get a taxi. I think service needs to be stellar especially for the price paid.
Location of the hotel is convenient if you make use of taxi. We traveled around the city with ease using this mode of transport to the waterfront, Chinatown, and Sentosa.
Summary - the hotel is ok for a short stay, but for the price I expected a bit more space especially since it was not in the more convenient locations. I think if you go in with small amount of luggage and want a peaceful night then hotel will work out ok. I do think the service needs to improve with getting taxi service and assisting with resetting safe codes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the historic Singapore River near central Singapore, Copthorne King's Hotel features award-winning dining venues, a landscaped outdoor pool, steam and sauna facilities and a mini putting green for you to relax and recharge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Kings Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Copthorne Kings Hotel
- Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore