“Impressive!”

Ranked #3 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
Bangkok
“Impressive!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

One of the most beautiful hotel I've stayed! Great service! This historical building was enchanting when I walked into the lobby it wasn't a hotel to me it was more like a grand palace. Great memories.

Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts

Simon H, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Ekawit L,

Thank you for your charming review of Raffles Singapore. We are honoured to have been an iconic part of Singapore’s history for over 125 years and I am delighted that our heritage stood out for you. I will share your thoughtful feedback with the rest of the team and hope you will return to visit us again.

Christian Westbeld
Hotel Manager
Raffles Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tokyo
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great colleagues, great facility, could feel at home while having unusual hotel life experience. This time I stayed for business purpose and it was quite short stay but it was enough to make me feel to come back again.

1 Thank Hideyuki O
Simon H, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Hideyuki O,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Raffles Singapore. I am delighted that you were made to feel at home as providing a ‘home-away-from-home’ experience is one of our key priorities, particularly when guests are travelling on business. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Noosaville, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2014

A wonderful experience - as long as you can afford it. Wonderful decor and spotlessly clean. Staff are friendly and efficient and there is a wide choice of restaurants/bars etc. Room service was very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bill J,

Thank you for your delightful review of Raffles Singapore. We pride ourselves on consistently delivering a high-standard of service, so I am delighted that you found the service to be both efficient and friendly. Décor and fine cuisine are also key to the Raffles experience and I am thrilled that you found these impressive. I will pass on your thoughtful words to the team here and hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed at Raffles for three nights before flying on to Bali. Very impressive hotel, excellent service, room beautiful, stayed in a courtyard suite. Food a bit expensive but really good, Singapore Sling to die for, afternoon tea an experience not to be missed, all in all a wonderful experience

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley M
Dear Lesley M,

Thank you very much for your charming review of Raffles Singapore. I am thrilled that so many aspects of the hotel contributed to your ‘wonderful experience’. I was particularly pleased to read that you feel our afternoon tea is a “must-do” and will be sure to inform the Pastry Chef and his team of your lovely feedback. I hope you will return to visit us again soon.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Checkin was effortless and we were shown straight to our room. Not long after leaving our room we were watched and then approached by a female member of staff and questioned as to our residency in the hotel this was done quite abruptly and was a bit unpleasant. However that out of the way the rest our our stay was faultless. Raffles is not just a hotel it is an experience Rooms are spacious comfortable and clean. The butler service is first class. Breakfast in the Tiffin room and food in Raffles Grill was amazing,as was the service. Also worth a visit is the Longbar for a famous Singapore Sling were seating is reserved for hotel guests. I would defiantly recommend a stay at this Historic hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 48lynn
Simon H, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Dear 48lynn,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Raffles Singapore and for your kind words about the hotel, the service, the rooms and the restaurants.

We always aim to deliver Raffles exceptional levels of service and I am delighted that this stood out for you throughout your visit. I will be sure to pass on your thoughtful words to the rest of the team. However I am very concerned to hear that my colleague’s actions had caused you discomfort which should not have been the case and I sincerely apologize for the incident. Please rest assured that we have shared this with our colleagues to ensure it does not happen again.

I am delighted that the rest of your stay was “faultless” and fully appreciative of your recommendation of a stay at the hotel.

Thank you once again for your generous feedback and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Christian Westbeld
Hotel Manager
Menlo Park
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was in Singapore on business for five days and had the pleasure of staying at one of the oldest hotels in Asia. Raffles isn't as exciting as Marina By ( the "buildings with a boat on top",) but the level of service, attention to detail and your comfort cannot be denied. I think the people who work there get a dossier on their guests, or as as they call us: "residents", as it seems everyone knows your name. Your comfort is their number one objective. The suites are huge (I don't know if "small" rooms exist there), the beds are wonderful, the air conditioning is much more than adequate, and the quality of food in the various eateries is excellent. The place hasn't been redone for about thirty years but doesn't show any real signs of wear. The colonial look and feel is very welcoming. There is a beautiful large pool area as we'll. if I am fortunate enough to go back to Singapore, Raffles is my choice!

1 Thank Jwchait
Dear Jwchait,

Thank you for choosing to post such a delightful review of Raffles Singapore. We always aim to offer a haven for the well-travelled and service, room size and amenities play a vital role in this. I am glad that these all stood out for you. I will be sure to pass on your thoughtful words to everyone here and hope to welcome you back again when you are next in Singapore.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed at the Raffles on the summer trip last year, and its now our 4th stay. The hotel is in the old colonial style, but rooms are spacious and clean, and the air con worked!!
The afternoon tea was an experience you must not miss with many Japanese tourists not having quite understood the return as often as you wish concept.
The long room was an experience as its the only public place you can drop peanut shells on the floor and not get arrested. And its the home of the Singapore Sling, and what a refreshing drink this is, well worth the trip.

Room Tip: You must try the outside rooms, there very light and airy