Raffles Hotel Singapore
$173
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$171
$239
$202
Fullerton Hotel
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
$528
$312
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$92
Official Website
4,299 results
All reviewstiffin roombilliard roomcourtyard suitemonkey nutsfamous long barwriters barthe palm courtpeanut shells on the floorcourtyard barhigh teapersonal butlerbucket listbutler servicecolonial stylemain buildingrooftop poolmarina bay sands
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Visited this charming & historic hotel for five days & we loved it....
Service in a different level above & beyond the usual 5 stars hotel.
The location is just spot on with very easy access to all the shopping & entertainment areas
Though the technology in the rooms needs upgrade!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Simon H, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear haithamalani

Thank you for your generous feedback on Raffles Singapore and I am delighted to hear that you so enjoyed your five days’ stay with us and in particular, felt that the service and location of the hotel worked well.

We have noted your feedback on technology in the suite, which we are planning to upgrade in the not too distant future.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again and to creating many more memorable moments at Raffles.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My recent return to the Raffles in Singapore was met with an amazing upgrade. Having booked a normal suite, as a regular Raffles (worldwide) guest, I was upgraded to not just the next bigger suite but the biggest, the Presidential Suite.

The Presidential Suite was an amazing retreat for my 2 days. Simply, the fixtures and decore are worthy of the suites name and fitting for a Head of State or VVIP guest with a large parlour sitting room, a separate dining room, large bedroom and ensuite, kitchen and entrance, with three distinct entrances. If needed the suite can also be combined to include an additional king bedroom suite with its own ensuite.

From the moment of my arrival to my departure, I was greeted and welcomed by an enthusiastic staff which made it appear that absolutely nothing was too hard or too difficult.

We even had a few hours to lay by the pool, which was an oasis in the middle of Singapore's bustling city. The pool bar staff were attentive and frequented changed your towels because they were wet or sweaty but did so while you swam or walked around, so they never interfered.

All in all, I found the stay a warm and relaxing stay at an iconic location in Singapore, a building and hotel that brings with it so much history. It just comes down to what you are looking for in your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Simon H, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Travel Expat,

Thank you for your charming review of Raffles Singapore. It is always great to hear feedback from our guests, and particularly from those who have visited us frequently.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the space, décor and amenities of the Presidential Suite . We pride ourselves on providing a haven for the well-travelled and service plays an incredibly important part of this. I am therefore delighted that you found the staff attentive, enthusiastic and discreet.

I will of course pass on your generous comments to all of them - the pool staff in particular – and very much look forward to welcoming you back again for another warm and relaxing stay.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

You don't stay at the Raffles because you want high speed internet, 60 inch plasma TV or floor to ceiling windows. You stay at the Raffles because you want to experience old world travel, and that it does very well. The rooms have been kept to a level where it is still comfortable but you have the feeling of being in a colonial museum. The bed was extremely comfortable, the air-con was fairly noisy but with everything made in wood, it is expected.

We took the breakfast on the patio in front of our room - really nice, unless the service team passes next to you with their trolleys (the whole structure shakes). The breakfast was excellent.

On the downside the TV are really outdated (it is a 25 inch tube with very poor quality - could barely read subtitles). I understand you want to keep the historic charm (and I am all for it) but you have a TV anyway so why a cheap old junk - at S$800 a night it is unacceptable.

I saw review of people, who don't stay there, complaining about the fact that they can't stroll around the hotel. For people who actually stay there, it is very nice and keeps the ambiance of the hotel very typical.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Marc V

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the old world ambience of the hotel and that the stay was extremely comfortable for you.

I take on board your comment on the TV and these will be upgraded in the future and thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles to enjoy another excellent breakfast or perhaps even high tea, at the verandah outside your suite.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Raffles has not changed much over the past 15 years and my stay was a wonderfully relaxing experience. From the start to finish, everything was special and nothing was too much trouble for the staff who are their to ensure you have a fabulous time. My butler was courteous, attentive and very accommodating and the meals were amazing. A must do for anyone visiting Singapore, if only to have High Afternoon Tea or sample a Singapore Sling in the Long Bar. Try the chinese restaurant on the 1st floor - fabulous and extremely entertaining. The pool bar is a gorgeous retreat from the city life and the staff in the spa are excellent. All in all an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the suites on the inner side of the hotel which is more relaxing and quiet - preferably overlooking the gardens or the courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen G

Dear Karen G,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a generous review of your stay at Raffles Singapore. I was particularly pleased to hear that you thought the staff followed a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ mantra. We always strive to deliver a special and memorable experience, and so are delighted when our guests share this feedback with us.

Similarly, since Raffles has been an iconic part of Singapore’s history for over 125 years, I too feel that our High Tea and Singapore Slings are a ‘must-do’ when in Singapore - and am glad you agree. It was also lovely to read that you found the meals amazing, the Chinese restaurant fabulous and the pool bar gorgeous. I will be sure to share your much appreciated comments with all of the Raffles team, most particularly your butler and the staff in the spa. I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another relaxing experience.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Raffels does exude a charm of days long gone, the gracious marble tiled spaces, the history and ambiance melted into the very character of this institution. However this now being my second stay, some years apart I did notice that the interiors of the Palm Court Suites were really in need of some upgrade. The interiors are no longer considered plush and fit for royalty. Personally my own home decor beats the luxury and comfort of these suites, without the heavy price tag. The service however does remain at a very high level. The pool area I also thought is in dire need of refurbishment and upgrading. The facilities are just not up to par from what you come to expect from a hotel of this grading. Personally this has been my last visit, there is no attraction to me to be lured back to drink overpriced highly commercial cocktails in an aging dated hotel.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the Palm Court Suites, have two high rise apartment buildings being build right in front of this side of the hotel, so horrible view, noise levels, and does detract from the ambiance of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple