Raffles Hotel Singapore
$258
$173
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$163
$271
$171
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
$529
$312
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$92
Official Website
4,299 results
All reviewstiffin roombilliard roomcourtyard suitemonkey nutsfamous long barwriters barthe palm courtpeanut shells on the floorcourtyard barhigh teapersonal butlerbucket listbutler servicecolonial stylemain buildingrooftop poolmarina bay sands
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Raffles Hotel, Singapore is celebrating 125 years of its existence---and very quitely and in a dignified way typical of its style ! the property is absolutely unique---and the guest rooms overlook the main lobby; the non-residents are not allowed much access so as to ensure privacy and comfort of the guests. The Long Bar at the rear of the property is unique by itself---a two-level 19th century bar, with palm-leaf overhead fans operated mechanically, and offering a signature drink "Singapore Sling"---a fancy cocktail which seems to be a super-hit with almost every visitor to the Bar ! May be selling about 1000 glasses a day!). A memorable visit by any standards.

Room Tip: Visit the Long Bar certainly for the signature drink.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Pierre J, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Singapore and for posting your review. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had the time to visit Long Bar for a Singapore Sling. Indeed, we strive to keep the colonial atmosphere of the hotel to allow our guests to travel back in time. I look forward to welcoming you again.

Pierre Jochem
General Manager Raffles Hotel Singapore & Regional Vice President, Operations, Asia Pacific, Raffles Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed February 6, 2013

What can I say? Raffles is iconic and special for a reason.

My wife I and stayed for one night in a Palm Court Suite to celebrate a special anniversary. There is such a sense of history and importance throughout the property.

Checkin was warm, friendly and felt genuinely welcoming. The team actually seemed like they really enjoyed being at work. What a pleasure.

The suite was, as expected, stunning. We lived for many years in a Georgian property in the UK, and the suite at Raffles reminded us of England in so many ways… more than just the furniture… it was the absolute essence of a beautiful Georgian home.

Once the Raffles team discovered we were celebrating an anniversary, they delivered a free bottle of champagne to the room. And speaking of free surprises… make sure you accept the welcome drink… we ordered two iconic Slings and they were complimentary. *This* is the way you should enjoy a Sling… in the comfort and elegance of the Raffles “residents only” area… the Long Bar is a touristy joke by comparison (as I’ve previously commented here http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294265-d1463363-r125828008-Raffles_Hotel_Long_Bar-Singapore.html)

Everything else at Raffles is preposterously overpriced, and we did have a giggle at the room service menu… $27 for a hot dog! Especially in a city like Singapore, which seems to have been built on delicious yet affordable eating.

The breakfast was another experience I hope never to forget. Infinitely more refined than the usual buffet experience, with hot meals available via menu. The Eggs Benedict were mouth-watering, but the star of the show was the almond croissant. I’ve never tasted a pastry so divine in all of Asia.

For me and my budget, I consider this more like a once-in-a-lifetime event… but I’m so pleased we had the opportunity to experience it.

Room Tip: I would imagine that EVERY room is a delight
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank manasicaje

Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

Many thanks for staying with us to celebrate a special occasion, I am pleased to hear that we could live up to your expectations and make you feel like in your Georgian property in the UK.

Our ultimate objective is to care for our guests in a way that they feel home away from home and we are grateful for your appreciation of our service.

The entire team at Raffles Hotel Singapore hops to have you soon again with us.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am on the road 200+ days per year and I stay in a wide range of properties from limited-service hotels in third tier markets to ultra-luxury resorts in world-class cities. There is no doubt, however, that the best stay of the year will be the two days that I spent at Raffles Singapore. The entire team was flawless but my butler, Bong, was truly exceptional. I am told that they all are but I can only say that he exceeded my expectations in innumerable ways. Most everyone that visits the venerable, perfectly-restored property know to visit Long Bar where the Singapore Sling was created but the highlight for me was a two hour conversation with the resident historian Leslie Danker who is knowledge, charming and engaging. Leslie made me appreciate the hotel so much more. There's more to Raffles Singapore than a beautiful old building with a famous cocktail - the people and stories keep it alive, relevant and personal today.

Room Tip: The rooms slightly further away from the main structure have larger bathrooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick B

Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to write us your feedback, I am happy to hear that your stay with us was the best of the year. I have shared your compliments with Bong and Mr Danker, as always, being remembered as people who could make your Raffles experience more memorable motivated them a lot.

I wish you safe travels for the upcoming trips and look forward to having you again at Raffles Hotel Singapore.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Myself & boyfriend live in Singapore but chose Raffles sunday brunch as his parents were visiting & we were yet to visit! The bunch was in the Bar & Billard room which was a big room with a great relaxed atmosphere. The food was amazing!! Great choice for all types of eaters... Meats, cheese, antipasti, shellfish, oysters, hot meals of pork, veal, beef, chicken.. Potatoes, handmade pasta, breads, salad, quiche, croissants, desserts of all kinds... I could go on! We have done 3 brunches before in Singapore & this has been far the best selection of food. Of course we had champagne & the staff never failed to let our glasses get dry! This also came with a Singapore Sling but we couldn't manage it! We had a lovely afternoon & the Raffles team were very friendly in a great location. Would recommend this to anyone wanting a great Sunday brunch... Good spot for entertaining visitors :)

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JenB2011
Pierre J, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

Thank you for sharing your review with us, I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Carving Sunday Brunch at Bar & Billiard Room. It is indeed a very special location for finishing the week and spending a lazy Sunday with your loved ones.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I proposed to my partner in June while staying at Raffles so where else but Raffles to start our honeymoon.

We were again treated to the best hotel service we have experienced in our lives. The hotel is just fantastic. We also enjoyed an excellent dinner at the sushi restaurant.

Raffles is expensive but worth every cent and we are looking forward to returning for as many wedding anniversaries as we can manage.

Many thanks to the staff and management for their first class service.

Room Tip: There is no reason you need to leave this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denis G

Greetings from Raffles Hotel Singapore!

First of all, let me thank you for choosing the Grande Dame for two very special occasions in your life. Congratulations to your recent wedding, I wish you a long & happy marriage. I am delighted to hear that you plan to celebrate your future wedding anniversaries with us and on this note I would like to highlight our latest suite package:

Celebrate Romance invites you for a 3 night stay and pampers you with various extras such as
- Bentley round-trip transfer,
- Breakfast at the historic Tiffin Room
- Dinner at our French fine dining restaurant Raffles Grill
- Persoalized embroidered bathrobes
- Spa treatment for two and
- Complimentary 1st anniversary voucher for one night.

I hope the above is appealing to you, should you wish to get more info, please do not hesitate to contact roomreservation@raffles.com