“Mixed Emotions”

Ranked #18 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Mixed Emotions”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

People like the respect of their space. Asking people to take showers in the spa following checkout instead of using the complementary room shows a big disrespect for people's choice and their own space. Not very good for business travelers wanting to take a decent and comfortable shower before their flight.

Saying this, their overall facilities and service were good.

This was the biggest disappointment of my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank FTK135
FairmontSingapore, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Fadi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We have heard your feedback on the use of showers at the spa after checkout, and wish to update you that we will be launching new shower facilities at our Hospitality Lounge this month. I hope this will prove more beneficial and comfortable for business travellers like yourself and look forward to welcoming you back for an even better experience.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,174)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Hotel with a great service from the staff. Good location. Amenities smell wonderful. Bed is superb comfortable. Great for couple or family stay! Nice view from the room. Bathroom is nice. Clean and green environment!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sharon,

I’m happy to hear about your recent stay experience with us. It’s certainly our pleasure to have taken care of you during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Noosa
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Pleasant room on 17th floor with great view. Room clean and comfortable, though a single arm chair would have been appreciated. Lifts were quick with minimUm delays. Breakfast choices excellent. Bed comfortable and adjustable sir conditioning effective and quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear noosabird,

I’m delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and appreciate the many compliments you have shared with us. For your request on the single arm chair, you might like to know that we do have arm chairs in most of our rooms. Kindly contact me directly at carlos.monterde@fairmont.com for your next visit, and I’ll be pleased to make arrangements for an arm chair to be placed in your room. Take care and I hope to have the pleasure of serving you in the near future!

Singapore
Reviewed May 16, 2014

In this returned visit to Fairmont, I asked for possible upgrading of room. The receptionist recommended the recently renovated Premier room at additional S$40 per nite. I accepted because I thot the room would be more comfortable than the Deluxe room. The decor and design of the room were pleasing and spacious. No bathtub, just shower but quite spacious. No weighing machine and cotton buds. No daily replenishment of bathroom items - body lotion, shower gel, shampoo & conditioner. No turndown service in the evening. These were some of things that I noticed were absent from my past stays. Quite expensive at S$400+ per nite that weekend stay.
The flushing of adjacent toilets is noisy i.e. heard loud and clear in our room. Luckily most guests dont use toilets frequently late at night such that our sleep would be affected. Our room in North Tower was next to the elevators and we can hear guests when they talk while waiting for the elevators. This lack of sound-proofing is good during emergencies because you can hear people raising alarms in such situations.
Ease of access to MRT, good F&B and surrounding amenities/shopping centres are still the strong points of choosing this hotel.

Room Tip: North Tower high floors (xx19, xx 20) overlooking the swimming pool and also have view of the Marina...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SingaTrav3ll3r
Dear SingaTrav3ll3r,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We are appreciative of your support for us and are delighted that you chose to stay with us once again.

Nonetheless, we have also taken note of the points of feedback you have highlighted, including the replenishment of in-room amenities during your stay with us. Rest assured that our in-room amenities are replenished daily and I must apologise for this isolated incident in which they were not replenished. I will most definitely be looking into this to ensure that such incidents do not reoccur.

In addition, to ensure that you enjoy undisturbed rest during your next visit, we will also take note of your room allocation to ensure that it is not located in too close a proximity to the elevators.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Fairmont Singapore.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was in for a business trip this time (as I have been to Singapore before) and the company people chose Fairmont for us to stay. Well well first thing first, the location. It was very near to the main attractions of the city with MRT too just a few minutes walk from the hotel.

Since I was familiar with the city(though not the vicinity), off duty, I made a quick visit to MBS (Marina bay sands) and tested my luck at the grand casino (not to mention I won 50SGD too). Well about the hotel, choose a room from where you could see the laser beams of the night water show of MBS, I was fortunate enough to get such a room on the North block of the hotel.

Now about the food, it was another reason why I liked this hotel. It serves mouth-watering Indian food. Friends do give it a shot once you are in Singapore.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear ranjeeta b,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip, am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments on the hotel’s convenient location and views from the private balcony are greatly appreciated.

Do keep us in mind for your next trip to Singapore, we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Auckland
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Check in amazing even pre empting a late check out. Fantastic and fast room service and amazing food. Great pool side service too. Really I cannot think of a single thing to improve from arrival to departure it's heaven on earth , I travel a bit but Fairmonts just have that extra that makes you feel special in a way other chains don't. Well done Fairmont.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear MonoAuckland,

Happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and am appreciative of your compliments on the overall service from our staff. Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore and we look forward to extending our hospitality to you in the near future!

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 15, 2014

At first I got a room from the noisy side of the hotel which had a big intersection and a lot of traffic in front of it. Also a building site across the road made the room a bit noisy. I got a new more quiet room arranged after the first night and were really pleased with it. The staff is friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the breakfast as well as the lunch. The staff by the pool served small amounts of fruits and juice during the hottest hours of the day. The location is very good and the food court next to the hotel is really nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Suvisan,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. I’m happy to read that you enjoyed the service and the convenient location with a wide variety of restaurants in the vicinity. At the same time, I’m sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with the noise level from the roads, but glad we managed to find you some peace thereafter. Please feel free to contact me directly at carlos.monterde@fairmont.com for your next visit, and I’ll ensure that we allocate a room that is located away from the roads, for your comfort. I hope to hear from you soon!