“Why do they always give me the worst rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #16 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Plumley
“Why do they always give me the worst rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I should know better than use booking.com you always get the rooms overlooking the building sites the hotel is nice the staff on reception and concierge do not go out of their way to help just do the minimum It is very central opposite Raffles so easy to get anywhere. The breakfast near the pool is only ok the hot stuff was only like warm

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear RClegg,

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. We will be use your feedback to help conduct an investigation and a detailed follow-up with the relevant departments.

Your feedback will definitely help us serve you better on your next visit.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you once again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,130)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

First of all, I have a disclaimer. We stayed here for a night during the chinese new year long weekend using my friend's travel industry rates. Thus, to us, value was excellent as we paid less than half of the published rates for that weekend. Nevertheless, I will try to be as fair and as objective as possible.

I also came with friends, so my general mood was happy and less critical. I think it really matters that if you have good company (whether your husband, wife, partner or friends) you tend to be less critical.

PROS
- Since I came with a group of friends, we booked 2 connecting rooms. Each room in itself was huge so having 2 connecting rooms felt like we booked the presidential suite haha.
- We initially requested for 2 twin beds in each of the rooms but the front desk said she has 2 rooms with 2 twin beds but NOT connecting rooms. Thus, we opted for the connecting rooms where one room had a king bed but the rooms were at the "new" wing. Turned out to be an excellent decision as the rooms looked very new, modern and spacious.
- We got free CNY (chinese new year) chocolates upon checking in since it was the CNY long weekend. Nice gesture from the hotel.
- The bed was the MOST comfortable I have ever slept in. The comforter was also very cozy. However, i like soft beds which is why I loved it but if you prefer firmer beds, then you probably wont.
- We had a party at night with friends so we requested to reheat the food we brought along in disposable aluminum pans. They gladly did and even transferred them to a serving plate and gave us extra dining plates. Awesome service. (note: they will not reheat dishes with "pork" probably because some guests are muslims which is totally understandable and considerate of them)
- Reception allowed us for late checkout until 2pm the following day BUT only for 1 of the rooms, which was totally fine as well coz our other friends just needed to move to 1 room after 12.
- Reception allowed us FREE wifi as long as one of us signed up for the Fairmont President's Club. Signing up was free.
- I LOVED the rain shower in the bathroom!! That was so awesome. I wanted to live in the shower haha. Water pressure was strong plus temperature was accurate when adjusted.
- Toiletries were luxurious and branded. Marina Bay Sands please learn from Fairmont hehe.
- Coffee machines gave FREE coffee capsules. We even requested for more and they gave us a whole bag of capsules with at least 6 pcs in it I think.
- Location of this hotel is EXCELLENT. Mall and MRT downstairs. Plus near to almost everything. One day we just walked from orchard road for the exercise. Not very far- maybe 20 mins walk only.

CONS
- I find it really hard to think of any CON for this property as honestly I/We really had an awesome time. It truly was a staycation in every definition of the word. I guess my only rant is the swimming pool. I was shocked to know that Fairmont and Swissotel (hotel right beside Fairmont) SHARE the swimming pool. To think the pool was not even big to begin with. This was VERY disappointing. That would probably be my only major rant.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you can afford it. Honestly, I personally dont think I will stay here if I had to pay the normal rate as it is too expensive for me, but if you can, then go ahead.

Room Tip: Request for a room in the new wing (North Tower)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shan_Abellaneda
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Shan_Abellaneda,

Your review was such a good read! I wish to thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us. It was very insightful and your inputs will allow us to improve on the areas that would help us provide our guests a more memorable stay.

Please rest assured that we will continue our pursuit for excellence in service.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Petah Tiqwa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We spent 8 nights in the fairmont hotel and had a great time there.the room was very clean and comftable,the hotel staff were very friendly and helpfull and it is a small walk to the atractions.
The only thing that did not work so well was the wi-fi.
We took the underground train fm the airport to the hotelif you register to the hotels loyalty club and stays at least 5 nights you et the wi-fi complimentary.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank yifat p
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear yifat p,

Regarding the wifi pricing, you might like to know that wireless internet access is complimentary to all Fairmont President’s Club members. Simply log on to www.fairmont.com/fpc and register to enjoy this and a host of other benefits.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is our second visit to the Fairmont. This time we stayed in the newly refurbished North Tower. Our room was beautifully decorated with an amazingly comfortable bed. The bathroom had a separate tub and rain shower. The toiletries smelled delightful and were replenished daily.
Internet is not free unless you are a member of the Fairmont rewards programme. It can be quite costly and this is the only complaint I think anyone can have about this hotel. In this day free WiFi should be standard, particularly as this is quite an expensive hotel.
We had breakfast each morning sat around the pool on the fifth floor. Apparently the breakfast choice here is less (there was more than enough choice for us) than the main full buffet breakfast served in Prego's on the ground floor but the queues there were too long.
The Fairmont is just across the road from the famous Raffles Hotel, well worth a visit. Lots of photo opportunities thee and a great gift shop too.
Beneath the. Fairmont is a food court with lots of restaurants and a shopping mall that links to the metro, the easiest, cheapest and best way to get around the island.
This hotel wins 5 stars on quality, service and attention to detail. If there had been a 4 1/2 star option it would have scored that purely for the 'no free WiFi' but it would have been unfair to mark it down to 4 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly refurbished room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Windmill64
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear OMG_UK,

Thank you very much for describing your recent stay experience with us.

I'm happy to learn that our guest room and its amenities were able to provide you a comfortable stay. I wish to thank you as well for acknowledging the quality of service and attention to detail of our hotel colleagues.

As you have mentioned, wireless internet access is complimentary to all Fairmont President’s Club members and I would strongly urge you to join the program for the host of benefits it offers.

Your compliments will only spur us to continue seeking ways to enhance our guests’ experience.

We look forward to your next visit to Fairmont Singapore!

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I love the hotel, the staff, location and views to south east! If you stay here, you will love it. Lots of nice bakeries and coffee places downstairs and short walk to Chijmes with more reataurants and pubs. Fairmont brand means quality and service. Very affordable compared to crazy high prices in Singapore.

Room Tip: Excellent place for New Years, Chinese or Western when your room faces the water!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ibis R,

Thank you for the many compliments especially the great staff, high standards of qualitative service, nice views and the convenient location with a wide variety of shops and restaurants in the vicinity.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kildare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I write this review shortly before checking out after almost two weeks of staying in the Singapore Fairmont hotel. While I make the point that I have been “staying”, this is probably an incorrect description. A fair assessment would be to say that I have been “living” here.
While one would normally associate living somewhere with a family and sense of belonging; the Fairmont offers these sentiments in abundance. The staff are absolutely first class. This is a huge hotel with thousands of guests yet somehow people remember your name and address you personally. I’ve stayed in many hotels in many places and I have never before felt so welcome.
The hotel itself is magnificent with stunning views in every direction. The rooms are bright and fresh and it’s extremely difficult to pull yourself out of the large exceptionally comfortable bed in the morning. There’s a large mall within the complex and two pools with a bar and a spa.
The breakfast choice is incredible with tantalising food from all over the world to prepare you for the day. There are a number of restaurants to choose from. All are equally good.
The hotel is located beside Marina Bay and is within a very walking distance to many of the finest shopping centres, attractions and amenities this part of Singapore has to offer. There is plenty to do for all ages’ day or night.
One slight grumble I could make would be the building taking place opposite my balcony on the 22nd floor. In its current build state it’s an eyesore and can on occasion be quite noisy. That said, Singapore is a very progressive place and constantly progressing. The windows to the balcony are quite resistant to noise and when the curtains are pulled at night, you don’t see anything. I’ve spent several days in the same room and to be honest, I wouldn’t have a problem and it would be unfair to take any points off in terms of quality or experience. In fact – it’s been interesting watching the progress 
In summary, this is an excellent hotel with fantastic staff. I look forward to a return visit in a few weeks. Well done Fairmont Singapore – thank you for making me feel at home.

Thank you to Chezza and the team for a super experience.

Keep up the good work!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mick,

Our mission is to turn moments into memories for our guests, thus it makes us really happy to know that you had a memorable stay. I’m delighted to read that we are your second home! I will definitely convey your messages to Chezza and the team.

Thank you for your compliments on the fantastic staff, first class service, magnificient and stunning views, bright and fresh room, great facilities like the spa and bar, incredible breakfast spread, wide variety of shops and restaurants and the convenience of the location.

We certainly can’t wait to welcome you back in a few weeks time!

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed for three nights at the Fairmont - which is handily placed for most things in Singapore. It is close to the beach, quay, easy to get to the main hubs etc.

We checked in and there was a problem - we moved room several times. No need to go into details here or to be negative. What I wanted to focus on is the customer service of the duty manager - Roy Ng. He was absolutely fantastic. What could have resulted in a negative review for the Fairmont - turned into something that was truly memorable.

The staff have been well trained and are a credit to the in house training they receive. The buildings are undergoing refurbishment yet they minimise impact. The common areas are good. The pool is also good.

I couldn't fault service or quality. But for me the service we received from Roy Ng would make me go back just because how fantastic he was. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve,

I apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay, I am glad that Roy was able to turn around your experience into a memorable one. I will certainly convey your compliments to Roy and the rest of the team as an encouragement for their excellent service. Rest assured that we will continue to seek ways to improve and fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for our guests.

I appreciate your comments on the hotel’s fantastic service, great and well-trained staff, good facilities like the pool and the great quality.

Thank you for recommending Fairmont Singapore and we can’t wait to welcome you back!