Fairmont Singapore
Panpacific.com
$271
$191
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$163
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$195
$170
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$140
$98
$236
$181
$357
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$159
$409
$243
Orbitz.com
6,673 results
All reviewspregonorth toweralligator pearpresidents clubopposite rafflesraffles city mallexecutive clubmarina baynespresso machineexcellent locationfood courtexecutive floormrt stationdeluxe roomrain showercentral locationrooms are large
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed here about 4 times in the past and I find it's changed it's name again. But a lot is the same - it's in a great location on top of City Hall MTR, right next to Raffles City Mall, opposite the legendary Raffles Hotel and on the next block to The Chijmes complex. And with some great views from some of the upper floors.
Rooms are generously sized and a great bathroom.
But it's funny what can irritate and make a stay feel average rather than great. The wrong newspaper each morning despite two mentions of my preference to Reception, my breakfast table being cleared away whilst I had gone to get some more butter - and a pseudo Italian restaurant called Prego.I have never seen so much designer kitsch aimed at persuading me that I am in a genuine rural Italian eatery. Very 1970s. They must have got a trailer load of it - having said that, I accept it is likely to be my quirky design views.
Fair place though I would not rush to come back

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
FairmontSingapore, Quality Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Ben,

Thank you for the feedback! We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the great views, spacious room, great bathroom and the convenient location. At the same time, we note your feedback on the newspaper service and service at Prego for follow-up with the relevant departments.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont for 3 days while in Singapore on business, then subsequently moved to the latest and flashy hotel which i later regretted.

The fairmont is in a fantastic position, conveniently close to Singapore attractions and is directly adjacent to / above the MRT station, so even those farther afield can be easily accessed. You can also step straight into Raffles City mall from the hotel lobby if shopping is your thing.

The rooms themselves are generously sized, and while they are slightly dated, with a shower over tub in the bathroom, they offer all the features you would expect.

One of the great benefits of this hotel is the pool area on level 8, you can have the breakfast buffet by the pool, although the buffet is standard hotel fare the outlook by the pool is really pleasant and relaxing by comparison with what most other hotels offer, and i'm surprised more guests don't make use of it, I didn't see it crowded at all during my stay.

Throughout the hotel the staff were all helpful and pleasant, check in and check out were both quick and easy.

The downside? Well the views from the rooms vary considerably, either looking out across the bay if you're lucky, or looking at an office block if you're not. Also there is this weird fragrance they pump into the air in the lobby, the level seems to vary between fresh-smelling, and overpowering to the point of sickly, they should lose it.

If you want to have a good place to stay with professional service in a great location at an affordable price then you should give the fairmont a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ben,

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have been travling to Singapore on buisness for the last 18 years. Nomally stay in the higher end 5 star with work (Four Seasons, MBS, Grand Hyatt) and if I extend a few days for personal reasons, I move over to another hotel between 4/5 star. In the past I've had good offers from Conrad, pan Pacific and Royal Plaza on Scotts. This year I decided to take a chance at the Fairmont. On arrival at 3pm I was given a room on the 8th floor. After staying at the Pan Pacific for work, the move to this room was a HUGE let-down. Though it was huge, it was out of proportion to the items in the room. Also, the room looked dated to back in the 80's with old furinture and worn carpets. It looked very very tired and not what I had imagined for the status of this hotel. The view was poor with overlooking an adjacent office building. When I called reception i was told i could move to a room on the 17th floor but had to wait until 8pm. I said I would be out for dinner and hotel arranged for my luggae to be moved to the new room. On my return later that evening, everything was arranged and I got an identical sized room that changed to the modern times. Decent room with a decent view of the marina bay area. No complaints, just wished they done it from the begining or better still made all the rooms consistent.

Location, was perfect and I would consider staying here again just on that basis. The Mall was incredibly convienient as were the two MRT station located nearby. You could walk to Sun Tec and I would pay my daily visit to the traditional "Prata,Teh Tarik" in the Food Replublic. En route are shops and a tourist centre selling tickets to various attractions. Here, I bought a ticket to the Garden by the Bay (which by the way is well worth the visit).

Overall (other than the forst room), I really enjoyed my stay and though it does not compare to the high end 5*, this hotel is decent enough.
Tempted to try Stamford which is next door to make a comparision.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dudeks11

Dear Guest,

Our apologies for the inconveniences during your recent stay. Regarding the room conditions, we are glad to share that we have recently begun our renovation program for guestrooms. We hope you will be able to enjoy them on your next stay.

At the same time, we thank you for the compliments on the hotel’s view and the perfect location.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were in Singapore for 4 nights but found ourselves in a very ordinary hotel (Wanderlust in Little India) so checked out 2 days early. We found the Fairmont on a last minute website and the TA reviews looked very promising. The best decision I’ve ever made was to spend the last 2 nights of our holiday here! I only wished we’d spent our entire stay here because it was wonderful.

From the moment we arrived every staff member made us feel so welcome. The level of customer service here is just outstanding. We were checked in by the very lovely and courteous Chloe who gave us a room upgrade. She listened to our ‘horror story’ of our previous hotel with genuine empathy, whereas some places would just brush this off and hurry the guests along. We were shown to our room by the equally wonderful Jamal who showed us how to work everything in the room. And as for the room….wow! For much less than we paid for a poky, poorly designed room at Wanderlust we had a spacious corner suite with views over the city and towards the Flyer. Plenty of space to spread out and feel very comfortable. Extremely comfortable KS bed. Lovely marble bathroom, nice toiletries and big fluffy towels.

Before arriving at the Fairmont we were actually feeling quite negative about Singapore and were thinking we probably wouldn’t return there as a stopover destination but this experience certainly turned our opinion around. The staff really made an effort to ensure we were 100% happy - Chloe rang about 30 mins after we checked in to ensure we were happy with everything, and we received a lovely surprise gift of handmade chocolates.

Our room was in the north tower and although it was an older style room with minor signs of wear this didn’t detract from the comfort of the room and at the price we paid I considered it exceptionally good value. I believe these rooms are due for renovation next year. We loved the delicious burst of lemongrass fragrance as you walk into the room (we never did figure out where it was coming from). We loved the vast, cool lobby and the doormen in their traditional dress. We loved the Nespresso machine.

We loved that this hotel is connected to the Raffles City Shopping Complex, one of the nicest malls in Singapore IMO, a bit of a maze but after 2 days we finally figured out how to find our way around. Plenty of casual and formal dining options here as well. Not many bargains but being a professional shopper I did manage to find some! For us a huge bonus was the supermarket in the basement that sells very fresh and very cheap sushi. For less than $20SGD we could buy a big sushi platter and drinks for lunch and be back up in our room in 5 minutes. Location wise this area is hard to beat. A short walk to Bugis street market. Orchard Rd is walkable or short taxi trip, as is Marina Bay area.

The management and staff here should feel really proud of themselves. As someone who trains customer service staff it is obvious that the staff training here is exceptional. The teamwork is also outstanding - upon leaving for the airport the doorman asked which airport terminal we were going to so that he could tell the taxi driver. I wasn’t sure, he asked the airline and before I could whip out my travel documents he spoke to someone into his headset and got an immediate answer! Very, very professional. We are already planning to return here in 2014. We won’t stay anywhere else in Singapore!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrs_smith1368

Dear Mrs Smith,

Our mission is to turn moments into memories for our guests, thus we’re delighted to know that you had a memorable stay. We will certainly convey your compliments to the Chloe, Jamal and the rest of the team as an encouragement for their excellent service. Please rest assured that we will continue our pursuit for excellence in service.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore! See you again in 2014!

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont for work and it was really nice. The hotel is mid-way through renovations so I would recommend asking for the South Tower or newly renovated rooms... the old rooms are a bit dated. The breakfast was amazing however expensive. I would also recommend signing up for the Fairmont's President's Club since this entitles you to free wifi.

The location seemed okay although due to the heavy smog I didn't have much of a chance to go exploring. Overall you get what you pay for. This hotel is expensive but worth it (ask for a newly renovated room!).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Michelle,

It makes us happy to know that you had a great stay with us! We appreciate your positive comments on the hotel’s amazing breakfast and the convenient location. Regarding the room conditions, we are glad to inform we have begun major refurbishment of guestrooms.

We hope to welcome you back!