“Charming first impression of Singapore”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #19 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Singapore on our honeymoon and spent 3 nights at the Fairmont. This was by far the best hotel experience of our lives. We were picked up from the airport by the hotel's limousine service by a charming driver who taught us about the city's tourist sites. We were provided a complimentary upgrade upon check-in to a room with a Marina View. We were provided complimentary internet access by sighing up for the president's club. The concierge provided us with free bicycles to tour the city for unlimited time. He also offered to send out my laundry for cleaning (even on a national holiday), and managed to get it done on the same day. Special shout out to Persius - you are a superstar of the concierge industry. I loved every minute. We now found out that we are moving to Singapore - so please expect to see us again soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontSingapore, Director of Quality at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Malvi,

We read with great pleasure that you had a charming first impression in Singapore and are humbled that you would rate your stay as the best hotel experience of your lives. We will certainly convey your compliments to Persius and the team as an encouragement for their excellent service.

Congratulations on your move to Singapore!

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance. See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Singapore

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my 2nd visit to Fairmont after two years - I am still floored by charming staff, out of turn upgrades and early check in to get ready for my meetings.
Ofcourse the large spacious rooms, free internet, lovely location are its plus points.

Room Tip: Higher floors have beautiful views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank abhishek15

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliments. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Fairmont on my week long business trip to Singapore!

From check in to check out, everything went smoothly and I left looking forward to the time I get to return.

The location is amazing, right next to the City Hall MRT station which you can access through the Raffles City Shopping Centre that is attached/next to the hotel. You will appreciate this as it helps you avoid the heat outside!

The room was a great size with a nice desk space, balcony and large bathroom. The complimentary dental and nail kits were very much appreciated. The ONLY negative thing to say about the room was the hair dryer! You had to grip the handle the whole time to operate it rather than flick an on or off button so after 10min my cramped hand was looked a bit claw like! So ladies if you need to blow dry your hair, I would probably recommend you bring your own hairdryer. Also great was the master control panel next to either side of the bed that controlled the curtains and lights - that was a nice bonus.

The breakfast buffet was delicious and and provided options to suit many cultural preferences. As I was travelling for business the costs were covered by my organisation, but the price might be a bit steep for holiday makers to have everyday!

The thing that really set this hotel apart though, was the level of service. This is a sweeping generalisation, but there is such a pride and genuineness in being service providers in Southeast Asia, that the level of service can't necessarily be matched by what you receive in other Western nations. It was the simple things like a smile of recognition, remembering my name at breakfast and the lovely smiling doorman who wished me a nice day..everyday! I haven't experienced this level of service in a hotel stay in Australia in a while, so it was nice and refreshing. Keep it up Fairmont, because it was lovely!

Whether travelling for business or pleasure - I would thoroughly recommend this hotel!

2  Thank HolidayDaydreamer

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay. We appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s amazing location, spacious room with great amenities, delicious breakfast spread and the excellent level of genuine service. At the same time, we note your feedback on the hairdryer.

Be it for leisure or for business, we look forward to your next visit to Fairmont Singapore!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

As one enters into the reception of the Fairmont Singapore, one could be mistaken for thinking they were entering a mosque or something arabic like. With dim lights and crimson like curtains and furnishings, it has a certain mystic about the place. The doormen, dressed in very arab attire, add to the experience of venturing into an mysterious setting..

So that is the reception: service extremely friendly which I would expect nothing less of being in an upmarket Asian hotel.

The rooms I must say were a bit underwhelming. Very corporate like and professional, which considering I was on a business trip, isn't surprising. Still, the beds were extremely comfortable and it was a good size. It had all the necessary mod cons and with a desk I was able to complete some work in the evenings. Still, the TV remote was a bit old making it hard to use at times and the CD player next to the bed is a bit outdated. I think the standard now is to at least have a docking station.

But, for me, what makes the Fairmont great are a few things:

- location: located in Raffles City, there is a wealth of dining options which is very useful after working and sight seeing all day. All smart, innovative and affordable. It is also close to the MRT at City Hall as well.

- restaurants: the Asian Market Cafe and Mikuni restaurants were superb. The sushi was somf of the best I have had (at Mikuni) and the sheer variety of buffet options at the Asian Market Cafe was remarkable. At only $59 pp, I believe this represented very good value. Breakfast in the mornings at Prego was superb as well, a large variety of hot and cold platters which changed on a daily basis.

- Willow Steam Spa: This too me makes the Fairmont amazing. The Spa was simply out of this world! From the world class and very relaxing massages to the total spa experience for general relaxation (free of charge), this was something else. I would return to the Fairmont just for this alone. The gym also was clean and modern.

In all, I really enjoyed my time at the Fairmont and would have no hesitation recommending it.

3  Thank Scottyr1977

Dear Scotty,

It makes us happy to know that you had a great stay with us! Your compliments on the service, staff, atmosphere, superb restaurants like Mikuni, Asian Market Café and Prego, great facilities like Willow Stream Spa and the convenience of the location are greatly appreciated.

Regarding the rooms, plans are underway for a refurbishment in the near future. Please rest assured we will continue seeking ways to enhance our guests’ experience and fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for our guests.

Thank you for recommending Fairmont Singapore!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great location with fantastic and warm service.
The views from the Bay facing rooms were stunning specially the view of the Marina Bay Sands hotel and Merlion.
Restaurants and eating places are close-by with varied choices of world cuisine which is great if you experiment with food.
Rooms were contemporary and service was superb specially all the staff at the club lounge are really warm and friendly and extremely hospitable.
The one thing missing was the choice of vegetarian food in the morning buffet and club lounge which was taken care by the management who offered us a few a la carte options.
There should be options to get a choice of pillows as the ones used are uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the Bay on higher floors and pay the extra for the club level
2  Thank Girish1968

Dear Girish,

We take pleasure to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the hotel’s warm service, wide variety of restaurants and shops in the area, contemporary room, friendly staff, and the convenient location. At the same time, we note your feedback on the choice of vegetarian food for the breakfast buffet spread and pillow choices.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

After I wrote my last review in this hotel. There are some improvement we experienced during our last stay around early April, 2013. We got high floor 2 fairmont room with city view.Our room was perfectly clean and we enjoy the extra bottle water.And the staffs in Frego breakfast room are excellent especially those two philipino ladies who greeted us with name base and seated me and my mom always next to my auntie even though my auntie came earlier to breakfast room. The tall Indian door man who always greeted us finally could really know us all even though we come in with different cabs.The old man who open our door in the morning on our way to breakfast room is also very nice. For sure, we are coming again this July.

Room Tip: If you already have reservation, it is wise to contact them prior to your check in date to make sure...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank verasiagian

Dear Ms Siagian,

Welcome back to Fairmont Singapore!

Indeed, we took your feedback to heart and followed-up with the team. Thus, we are glad you had a better experience this time round and enjoyed the city views, clean room, excellent breakfast spread at Prego, personalised service and friendly staff. While rooms on the high floor are assigned on availability, you can be assured that our staff will always assign the best rooms available to our guests.

We look forward to welcome you back in July!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms were spacious, clean and well kept. Beds were comfy. They delivered chocolates as a welcome gift. Staff was friendly and helpful. Fairmont is connected to a huge mall with variety of shops and eateries. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Hunneeb33

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the many compliments. Please rest assured that we will continue our pursuit for excellence in service.

We look forward to your next visit!