“Family stay”

Ranked #16 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Family stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our family loved our two night stay at the Fairmont. The service was second to none. Porters and the wait staff were friendly and very helpful when we needed anything. We loved the shopping mall just a few floors down as well. Our room view was fantastic overlooking the city and bay. The breakfast was amazing - so many choices and so diverse. The coffee and juice bar was a hit with our family! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tw19
FairmontSingapore, Director of Quality at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your positive comments on the unrivalled service, friendly staff, fantastic views of Singapore skyline and the great location.

The fresh juice bar at Prego is indeed a favorite with our guests.

We look forward to your next visit to Fairmont Singapore!

Director of Quality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,130)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in mid May and cannot speak highly enough of the experience!

Every moment of our stay, from the welcome at arrival to the use of the Executive Lounge (as our room was not quite ready, expectedly, as we arrived at 10am) through to the turn down service, assistance from conceirge and main desk (a very special thank you to Malcolm Tan for printing some flight documents for us) was simply AMAZING! Every staff member greets you with a warm and sincere smile and makes your visit an exceptional one.

The rooms, although not 'brand new', were well presented and the bed absolutely dreamy. Ample water was provided in the room (and replaced regularly) and the level of cleanliness was very good. The MRT is located conveniently under the hotel in a shopping mall and you are only one stop away from Dhoby Ghaut (from where you can get to anywhere). The pool is very nice and there is a good gym/shower/steam room available should you require.

It is a little bit on the expensive side and, while it is a little dated in some areas (there is no complimentary WiFi) and may look slightly tired compared to some of its younger competitors, it offers a level of service that for us, made up for these shortcomings. Definitely a recommend!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Garth T
FairmontSingapore, Director of Quality at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Garth,

It makes us really happy to know that you and your partner had a memorable stay as our mission is to turn moments into memories for our guests. We will certainly convey your compliments to Malcolm and the rest of the team as an encouragement of their excellent work.

Furthermore, we greatly appreciate your compliments on your arrival experience, the comfortable bed, room amenities, cleanliness, facilities and especially the warm and sincere service that you experienced.

You might like to know that wireless internet access is complimentary to all Fairmont President’s Club members. Simply log on to www.fairmont.com/fpc and register to enjoy this and a host of other benefits.

Thank you for recommending Fairmont Singapore!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night to celebrate my wife's birthday, mother's day and to be near an event the next morning. Totally enjoyed this stay as a family with 2 young kids.

The deluxe (harbour view) room gives us access to a very beautiful skyline of the padang, financial district, merlion park, etc. The balcony is my kids' favourite place. The bathrooms are huge (by Singapore's standards) and it comes with a bath and a shower. The flat screen TV is big too.

The staff is always courteous and helpful at the President's Club counter at the lobby and they did many things for us due to the occassion, and mostly as a surprise, so that helped to exceed our expectations. Starting from the folder for check in, to the way they manage the check out. I am very impressed, and so is my family.

The dinner at Prego is totally enjoyable and even the kids are well looked after.

For a hotel that is not so new, the upkeep is great. But more importantly, the staff made the stay enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SingaporeMartin
Dear Martin,

We’re definitely honored to be part of your many celebrations, and would be delighted to continue playing a part in the future. It is so important for us that family with children are well taken care of, and thus it makes us really happy to know that was the case for you.

Your compliments on our service, beautiful views, huge bathrooms, room amenities, dinner at Prego are greatly appreciated. Regarding the hotel conditions, we are glad to inform that plans are underway for a major refurbishment in the near future. Indeed, as you mentioned, it is the staff that makes hotel stays enjoyable.

Happy belated birthday to your wife once again! We hope to welcome you back!

Warm regards,
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Recently stayed for 7 nights in a club room. Would have liked a harbour view but we had a good view of Raffles. The view from the club was wonderful. Ate breakfast in Prego when we could as the choice was much better than in the Club. Our room (2222) was an end room and an unusual shape. We did find that the shower took a long time to get warm so we would turn it on and do other jobs while waiting for warm water. The separate luggage/ wardrobe room was great as was the coffee machine. Location fabulous for shopping/MRT/tourist sites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank janineor
Dear Guest,

We’re elated to hear about your recent stay and appreciate your many positive comments. We also note your feedback on the shower issue and will follow-up with the engineering department.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was in Singapore last month for work and stayed at the Fairmont for seven nights. I arrived at the hotel shortly after midnight and check in was easy. The elevator requires inserting my room key to press my floor number. I also needed the key to insert in the slot by the room door to "activate" the room. My room (12th floor) was spacious and always clean. The balcony was a nice surprise, which I used several evenings. However, the window did face a building under construction 24/7. I learned to drown out the noise after the first night. There is construction all over Singapore so I'm not sure if you can escape it. There is a digital safe in the room where I kept my passport. I had to use laundry service several times because of the humidity, and I was able to get my clothes back that afternoon as long as I call service early enough. Light, temperature, and curtains are operated by using the control pad next to the bed. It took some geting used to the high tech room but got the hang of it soon. I liked the Bose CD/radio but I couldn't find the AUX slot since I couldn't pull it out far. The TV had a few channels. Turning on the overhead shower head wasn't very obvious after hours of flying but I finally figured it out.

Tip: Sign up for the Fairmont loyalty program and make sure you enter it when reserving your room. It's free and you get free internet during your stay.

I didn't use room service but did go to the breakfast buffet most mornings. The staff knew my name by the third day, where I like to sit, that I like reading the paper, and drink tea. Every staff I met were nice. The hotel is in a great location and walking distance to most things. Then again, Singapore isn't that big. The hotel is connected to the Raffles City mall and City Hall MRT stop. Some people may be glad to know Starbucks is in the mall. There is a grocery store, a lot of restaurants, and retail shops in the mall too.

Check out was easy. The evening before my departure, my receipt was slipped under the door. I signed and dropped it off by the first floor elevators on my way to the airport. Taxi fare from the airport to the hotel is about S$23. Fares from hotel to most places I went to was around $8.

If anyone is doing the hop-on hop-off buses, there are three stops near the hotel.

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Fairmont Singapore and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cooknsew105
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel has a great location right above city hall MRT station which is most convenient for business trips or holiday. We arrived early and room was ready for check in which was nice. For whatever reason, we were upgraded to an executive floor which I didn't book which gave us a higher floor with a wonderful view of the marina by day or night. It also meant Internet was complimentary ( I really think all hotel ESPECIALLY fancy ones should offer that!!!! ) or it would have been very expensive on top of the 5 star price.

The rooms were very spacious and well equipped with a great use of space. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable with good pillows.. Everything needed for a good night sleep. Only stay the one night so I can't comment of facilities but overall a happy stay and certainly will come again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Second time in Singapore on business within a month and was watching costs. Previously stayed at Mandarin Oriental exec floor - excellent. This time MO rate was excessive ( 200% of Fairmont ) so as a Fairmont club member tried them out, freebee WiFi etc. Hotel is in excellent location for business right on city hall and MRT ( Metro ) which facilitates getting around quickly and in cool comfort. It was +35 deg C during my trip and very humid. Exec floor provides good well furnished rooms with awesome ice box AC and a funny bedside control box which allows lights / curtain / heating controls. Breakfast spread good though no fresh cooked eggs.Access if needed to a private board room. Happy hour has a fair range of food from Asian and Indian to meats and salads; complimentary alcohol choices - Moet & Chandon Champagne (Mandarin has Ruinart). Small private gym on club floor. Service very good - thank you Clare and Serena. Hotel lacks a friendly main bar/restaurant, the Italian restaurant doubles as a coffee lounge and breakfast location. Access available to next door Swisshotel facilities and their 70th floor lounge/ restaurants far better and worth a trip for the view and food. Pool on 8th floor gets busy as is also shared by Swisshotel, again Mandarin wins on that front. Looking for value for money and a very acceptable stay ? then Fairmont must be high on your list.

Room Tip: Exec club floor, south tower.