“Somewhat dated”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #19 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed one night in what I understand to be the older tower. Room was nice enough without being overwhelming. It was definitely in need of a refurbishment - although the bed was very comfortable. The room was of a decent size too. The pool was quite a nice area, but crowded as to be expected in any Singapore hotel due to the weather. The location near 2x MRT lines can not be faulted, with a Mall and the swissotel adjoining.

Only "fault" is that I had requested early check in due to my flights early arrival. Room not ready so provided access to the lounge and told they would call when the room was ready - no dramas as I understand that early check in is case by case basis. However, they never called and I returned at 1pm to find that it had been ready hours ago...an oversight when all I wanted was sleep.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
FairmontSingapore, Director of Quality at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback! Greatly appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s comfortable room conditions, amenities and convenience of the location. At the same time, we apologise for the inconvenience caused during the check-in service as indeed it should not have happened. Your feedback on the room conditions will also be incorporated into the upcoming refurbishment plans.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Singapore!

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Singapore

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend recreation trip. Executive room on the 25th floor South Wing. Staff were superb, check-in nad check-out took moments. Beds very comfortable and the room was nice and quiet. Perhaps the only comment is that the bathroom looks a little dated but it was fastidiously clean and the shower was easy to operate. Great toiletries as well.

As part of the executive room there is a lounge that is a great place to unwind after a day out or plan your nights activities (free nibbles and drinks). The hotel is attached to a large upscale shopping centre so you do not want for shopping options either for pleasure or necessity. There are many restaurants in the complex or the Chijmes historic area on the other side of the road to the shopping complex. The Salt Tapas bar was sensational.

Perhaps the only downside is that there can be large queues for taxi's on busy nights like Friday. I suggest the short walk to the main shopping centre entrance as the taxi stand there is faster moving.

Room Tip: Some rooms may have marina views. Get an executive room for use of the lounge and comp drinks and ni...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Our mission is to turn moments into memories for our guests, thus it makes us really happy to know that you had an excellent stay with us. Your compliments on the hotel’s room and bed conditions and the convenience of the location are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I can only give this hotel 4 stars because I am in the old wing in a room that is clearly dated. I had a small hiccup on checking in, had to fill out some paperwork and the agent then advised me that she'd be bonding $400 for my stay. I asked her why so much when I am here for 1 night only, actually 14 hrs, she said to pay for the room...I asked her to check closely because the room is paid for.

After some time she confirmed it was the case and that I was correct. I was offered a king or 2 beds and opted for the king, which is when Joanne offered me the Signature room upgrade. I was quite stunned but nevertheless I thanked her and proceeded to my room.

The room is big, very big, but also in the old wing and it is quite dated. Room has many signs of wear and needs some work, the espresso machine is fantastic, balcony a great touch, and all the facilities a 5 star hotel should have.

I am disappointed that wifi is another $28 on top but this seems to be the norm these days. I do have a great view of the Marina area and casino. Well worth the money as my normal choice was too overpriced.

Room Tip: Best to try for the new wing I think...north wing appears to be old.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s great view and pricing. At the same time, your feedback on the room conditions will be noted into the upcoming refurbishment plans.

You might like to know that complimentary wifi access is available to all Fairmont President’s Club members. Registration for this can be completed very quickly at www.fairmont.com/fpc to allow you to enjoy a host of other benefits.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stay in Singapore a couple of times a year and always use trip advisor / booking dotcom to find the best five star hotel deal
This time it was the Fairmont and it didn't disappoint, as usual with these types of hotel staff are always excellent being helpful and polite
Rooms for a busy location are fantastically quiet and the beds and bedding are top notch, they also have nice little extras in rooms such as a Bose wave radio, but a Bose speaker dock is more appropriate nowadays, and a nespresso coffee machine
The hotel is jointly located with the Stamford and so plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from, we ate at the Italian as we were very late and that was good with the waiter making sure we ordered the right combinations to get the buy one get one free deals or food and alcohol, cannot complain
Breakfast was really good, we just had the continental buffet which was at the alligator bar, once again no complaints

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room in the South Tower
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Simon,

We’re glad to know that we didn’t disappoint you and greatly appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s room and bed conditions, location and your experiences at Prego and Alligator Pear. Our mission is to turn moments into memories for our guests, thus we take pleasure to know that you had an excellent stay.

We hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is our second stay here in 12 months & I highly recommend it.
The beds are sheer bliss ,the breakfasts great, the staff friendly & helpful. It is close to everything
Real luxury. All the staff were good but we particularly like the older doorman on the door leading in to shopping centre. He always greeted us in a way that made our day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Yvonne,

Thank you for the strong recommendation. We’re glad you had a great stay and will convey your compliments to our doorman Ismail.

We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Overnight stay here to explore the Singapore. Location is excellent, where you can directly access to the MRT City Station through Raffles City. Short distance to esplande cultural centre, then to the Marina Bay, and Merlion Park, the symbol of Singapore.

Room itself is huge, with comfortable 2 queen size beds in twin room, very American standard. Each room got a balcony, however, the room I stayed is low floor and facing internally.

Some fancy stuff like motorised curtain, where you can control it without leaving your bed. Canadian made toilettes, make me feel like staying in Lake Louise.

Room Tip: High floor and Marina Bay facing is preferred.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We take pleasure that you enjoyed your recent stay and greatly appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s excellent location, room size, technology and toiletries.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you have plans of travelling to Singapore, I highly recommend Fairmont Singapore! The location is ideal - malls, restaurants, and practically everything was within walking distance; the staff is courteous, attentive and hospitable and the rooms are immaculately clean! The room that we got had a panoramic view of the city and it was beautiful specially at night when you see the well-lighted city! Will absolutely go back to the same hotel in our future trips to Singapore!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rosecohamco

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your strong recommendation. We glad you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate your many compliments.

We look forward to welcome you back to Fairmont Singapore!