Fairmont Singapore
Panpacific.com
$271
$191
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$163
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$140
$98
  • Pool
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$195
$409
$243
$357
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$159
$529
$312
MarinaBaySands
6,673 results
All reviewspregonorth toweralligator pearpresidents clubopposite rafflesraffles city mallexecutive clubmarina baynespresso machineexcellent locationfood courtexecutive floormrt stationdeluxe roomrain showercentral locationrooms are large
Reviewed November 7, 2012

A great place to take children or just couples. In fact the children are made to feel special. I have never seen such a large selection of food for breakfast and my recommendation is the club lounge, which provides you with food and beverage on an executive floor, which is well worth the extra fee. The rooms are very very clean and the service couldn't be better.

Room Tip: Executive Floor (Club Lounge) is well worth the extra fee.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank blueferrari
FairmontSingapore, Director of Quality at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your many compliments hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

On top of city hall MRT perfect location, made up of north and south tower rooms only one tower has been refurbished. South tower I think, make sure you ask for the refurbished tower. Rain showers, nespresso machine in room makes it even better. Fantastic bed and pillows. The breakfast at prego restaurant is fantastic!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Thetraveller291
FairmontSingapore, Director of Quality at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s room conditions and bed comfort, breakfast spread at Prego and the convenience of the location. Indeed, one of the favourite things that our guests love about Fairmont hotels are the beds, which comprise of the premium Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and only the best bedding accompaniments.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very good service. Nespresso maschine in the room. Very clean. I would book the same hotel again. If you are to early and the room is not yet read there exists a room where you can stay and drink water and coffee. Unfortunately no free internet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kapitaen

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s service, room conditions and amenities. We’re glad to play a part in your positive arrival experience.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed in Fairmont last weekend. I was there for a business trip. I went there first and then my sister came to join me one day afterwards. We booked 2 rooms and below were our experience.
(1) Complicated Check-in process:
I arrived with my colleague at around 1230pm, we understand check-in is scheduled at 2pm, but normally for business hotel in Asia, early check-in is very common. We were told that rooms were not yet ready and thus we need to spend our time to the Hospitality Lounge at 6/F. Well, we understand that but the process for filling in the forms were too long and the staff who served me seems to be a trainee and he was not very confident in handling my queries. I prefer to have a double bed room and asked whether they could changed instead of having a twin bed room. The staff said yes but I need to wait longer, as it will take around 1 hour for doing the clean up. And the estimated timing for the room readiness should be 2.30pm. I think it's fair and my colleague and I can make use of the lounge during the transit period and may be eat something outside and then came back to pick up the room.

(2) Very primitive Hospitality Lounge
We then proceeded to the 6/F so-called Hospitality lounge, it was indeed a room changeover into several sofa and with self-serve coffee-machine. There were leftover from previous guests that you could find. The place was unattended and we can see one of the guests sleeping on the couch. It was really quite disappointing to called this a lounge for such a 5-star hotel.

(3) Long lead time to get my room
We then go out for lunch and returned the hotel at around 2.45pm. (they originally told me that my room with double bed should be ready in 2.30pm, I purposely gave them some buffer) Unluckily, my room is still not yet available and the front desk kept on saying housekeeping was taking care of the room and was still not ready. I then decided to wait at my colleague's room and asked them to call me when the room was ready. They did said that the room was under housekeeping and thus should be ready ASAP. I then waited at my colleague's room and it was almost 3.15pm that nobody called me. (delayed 45mins as per original schedule) I then call the operator and she said she will check with housekeeping again. No response for more than 10 mins. I then need to call again and told them that I need to attend a meeting at 4pm and finally got the room at around almost 3.45pm

(4) Wrong Gift to the wrong room
I then got my room and while I was preparing for my business meeting, somebody rang the bell and said there is a gift (an apple) and to be sent to me. I find it strange and then the staff ask if I was Mr. Phillip! Obviously NOT, I am a lady and how would you ask if I'm Mr. Phillip. That disturb me a lot of probably some system issue on their reservation.

(5) Room Key didn't work
I then went out for meeting and then back at around 9.30pm. After all the hectic day, the room key did not work and I need to go back to reception to change the keys again!

(6) Bathroom design not very practical.
The bathroom is designed with a rain shower and a glass window. However, it was semi-opened without a door to shut the water out the toilet. It was not a very good design as the water would easily flood out the shower room.

(9) One smelly pillow and one stained towel were found in the room......

(8) My sister's room was out of order as well.
My sister arrived the day after. They also spent lots of time at the reception to do the check-in. The staff was kind enough to offer here an upgrade, but only to the smoking room which she didn't like. She decided to keep her original booking and then when we came back after dinner, she start to have bath and found that the tap was out of order. It was almost 12am. She rang the front desk and they said they will sent the engineer to come in 15 mins! What to wait for another 15mins for shower at mid-night, No way. Finally, she managed to change to another room and finally everything's worked well.

(8) Housekeeping request while we were away?!?!?
The next day we spent the whole day in Universal Studio and tour around the Marina Bay Sands. It was almost 11pm when we arrived the hotel. When we arrived my sister's room, there was a housekeeping staff there! They said that we have asked for housekeeping service to clear the rubbish and ask for us where are the rubbish! How come! we've just back to the room the same time as per the housekeeper?!?!? It was really odd and strange!

Apart from all the above hassles, the only positive things about the hotel was the breakfast. It had really great variety, freshly brewed coffee and juices, lots of varieties from different cuisines, Western, Chinese, Japanese and the restaurant staff were also great and able to serve you well. The concierge service was also good in recommendation and follow up with us on our requests.

All in all, the location is quite good, the lobby refurbishment is also nice. But the rooms were old, and not it practical design and good conditions (especially the south tower). The service at the reservation and the housekeeping was really inefficient! With such a price tag of 5-star hotel, I would expect meeting basic requirements to be efficient, clean and practical!

Room Tip: The standard room is really old. Try the deluxe room if you could afford. and the twin deluxe room has much better view than the double room, so pick your choice!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Suet_Yu

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review.

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. We are disappointed as you are as these incidents should never have happened in a Fairmont hotel. Please rest assured that your feedback on Reservation, Check-in, the Hospitality Lounge, Room Conditions and Housekeeping will be followed up and we will do level best to prevent future recurrences. We also note your feedback on the room conditions for future refurbishment plans.

At the same time, we appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s breakfast spread, concierge service, lobby, and the convenience of the location.

If you are planning to come to Singapore again, please allow us the opportunity to make it up to you for this less-than-positive experience and to fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for our valued guests like your colleague, sister and yourself.

Wishing you an outstanding day.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My company held an event at the Raffles City Convention Centre and used this hotel to house staff and our guests, we were very impressed by the facilities, staff and transport links. We fully intend to use this again next year. The bathrooms were slightly old and in need of some upgrading, but the rooms were large with private balconies and good views.

Room Tip: High rooms have good views but some look directly into the other Swissotel, the Fairmont.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for positive review. We take pleasure to know that you were very impressed by your experience at Raffles City Convention Centre and Fairmont Singapore. At the same time, we note your feedback on the bathroom conditions and will incorporate it into future refurbishment plans.

We definitely hope to welcome you and your company again next year!