Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore
$314
$203
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$163
$334
$176
  • Restaurant
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$191
$170
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$140
$98
$236
$181
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$159
$409
$243
Orbitz.com
5,426 results
All reviewsclarke quayblue potatogreat locationcentral mallmrt stationrestaurants and barsnight lifeexecutive clubexecutive roomnespresso machinestayed here for nightsbuffet breakfastnice poolan upgradelate checklong flightmarina bay
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Hi, everyone,

Have stayed at the Swissotel MC on 2 previous occasions, but was awfully worried about my booking as ALL previous reviews on TA are exceptionally unflattering ( to say the least). To be brief - all my worries were in vain, Swissotel MC greeted me with its usual class of impeccable service, nice rooms and perfectly trained staff. I was totally happy with my stay (as always). To the details then...

1/ Stayed in Classic room. Two downsides in the beginning - rabbit ears prehistoric TV (workable though) and a bit dated bathroom (bathtub especially). The rest is absolutely nice. The comfiest beds for your jet-legged body, very quiet AC, tea-coffee making facilities, mini bar, working desk and sitting area. Room size appx. 28 sq.m. Carpet on the floor is dated too, but the result of proper work of housekeeping in definitely seen, as even dated carpet is properly shampooed and feels fresh under your feet. Room also equipped with iron+ironing board, safe box, Internet connection, sleepers, but no bathrobes?? All towels and linens are snowy-white and crispy clean. No stains or other pleasantries.
My room was facing the pool, and I never had a problem with noise or loud sounds as the previous reviewers mentioned. The windows were dusty though.........Some facade cleaning will be handy.
2/ Location. Perfect... nothing to add. This is Clarke Quay, the place I always love to stay
and recommend to anyone, especially first-timers. MRT - 10 m from the hotel main entrance. Taxis are waved by the doorman.
3/ Swimming pool. Very busy and popular during any time of day. One day I ventured to do my routine laps at 8 am and found out myself in the same busy environment. Guests just love MC pool. I do not blame them. LOL
4/ Breakfast. The best I had in Singapore. 100% European oriented, no Asian sections, but perfectly staffed with freshly squeezed juices ( celery and carrot!!!), pastry, smoked
salmon, 7 kinds of cheese, jars of jelly and peanut butter....you name it ... they have it. I enjoyed every moment of my morning meal in the cozy ambiance of Market Cafe. Highly recommended. And their freshly brewed caffee - never tasted a better one!
5/ Staff. Perfectly trained, very polite, efficient and accommodating. Had no problem with check-in/ out. Was given a late check-out in a blink after I requested such.
6/ Internet. Very expensive. 16 SGD for 2 hours. Better have free WiFi in any cafe in Clarke Quay or Riverside Point.
7/ Conclusion : I would definitely stay in this hotel again ( and again, and again) as it never gave me a chance to doubt its level and standard of Swiss hospitality. With this choice of accommodation I always get much more than a room to sleep and place to stay, I get the awareness in the quality that is carefully maintained and thoughtfully delivered to the guests.
8/ I`d be glad to answer you question if you have any.

Schonefeld

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
70  Thank Schonefeld
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed at the Merchang Court Hotel for 2 nights as we were visiting friend's in Singapore. It's in a perfect location- it is located very centrally and overlooking Clack Quay's great bars and restaurants. There's tonnes of bars and restaurants so one will definitely take tour fancy and with the hotel food and drink being very overpriced I would recommend going out and exploring Clark Quay.

You can walk to China town and Little India and Orchard road is a 10 minute cab ride away ($4-5 only) or a few stops on the MRT.

The staff are very friendly and granted us a very late check out which we were grateful of. But there was a mix up in the rooms at check in-we didn't get the room originally assigned to us and had to wait until 2pm to check in. Buy we used the spa and pool while we waited- both very nice.

Our room had a modly smell and the bathroom was a little dated. But the rooms were clean and the bedroom fairly modern - apart from the tv-which couldn't seen from the bed-completely useless room layout.

All in all, it is fairly good value for your money in Singapore where hotels are fiarly expensive. If you want a luxury 5 star hotel, don't stay here, but if you want a decent 4 star hotel then I would recommend staying here. There were a few niggles such as the room confusion and the slighty smelly bathroom, but you can't fault the hotel on location.

2  Thank misslcp
swissotelchialin, Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2010

Dear Misslcp

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. It is only with feedback like yours that help us truly understand the needs of our guests.

We are glad to know that our Team Member are friendly and helped you with your late check-out. We are sorry for the room type confusion and room condition. Please accept my apologies for the falling short in these areas.

Please be assured that we have bring this up for the departments concern in order to ensure we provide great room and huzzle free check-in process for all our valueable guests like yourself.

Thank you so much for your comments. We hope that you will return to experience the continue improvements we are working on.

Your sincerely
Chia Lin
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed June 1, 2010

Have stayed at the Swissotel on 2 previous occasions , we were dissapointed this time ,our room was not ready on our arrival which was 2p.m , we went for a walk came back within the hour, went to our room , the carpet was disguisting it had big black stains on it , i complained we were moved to another room which was fine...until we went to bed we were facing Clark Quay the noise coming from there until after 4a.m was terrible i think i was still awake at 5a.m. It would have helped if they had double glazing on those rooms. We had another room change , which was fine no noise and clean. Great breakfast , staff willing to help.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Hel53

Greetings from Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay with us.

I am sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectation. Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointments, especially over the room condition and noise pollution from Clark Quay. Rest assured that this has been taken up with departments concerned.

As a matter of interest, we have in place an upgrading plan for our rooms to ensure optimal comfort for our guests through efficient systems and facilities.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback as it helps us improve our service and facilities befitting our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Swissotel Merchant Court.

Rooms Division Manager
Chia Lin

Reviewed May 29, 2010

This review is based on wheelchair accessibility only (rating included).
LOCATION
Very good. Near Marchant Court. All sidewalks in Singapore have ramps.
COMMON AREAS
All areas are accessible.
ROOM (handicap room no. 744)
This room is equipped with bathtub and shower (unaccessible). No grab bars for the WC. Basically, a regular room with a (useless) grab bar for the bathtub.
STAFF HELPFULNESS
Average.
GENERAL RATING (not related to accessibility)
Average. Very expensive.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Affe
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Arrived at SM Hotel on Thusday 20th May 1pm. At check in we were told that our room was not ready and would have to wait another 2 hours!!!! Not best pleaseed when they were eager to inform me of my check out time for the Saturday 22nd May. Never ever had this problem with any other hotel in Asia. So had to walk around outside in searing heat without any suncream applied (all still in suitcase).

Got back to hotel around 3.30ish just to be given our room key and that was it. May sound picky but all hotels I have stayed in Asia you are at least directed to the Lifets!!

Got to room - can't remember room numbef (floor 4) only to find that the air con was not working. Won't go into detail but bell boy who frought up luggage took for everr to advise we could have another room. So we were moved to another roolm. Opened the curtains to find our view looked like an unfinished hotel with bars - felt like I was in prison. Called reception - that takes an age believe me. i was told we could have another room but guess what - it was not ready. Cut a long story short we were told we could use the room we were in to shower and we would be called when next toom ras ready. 5.30 we are still waiting. So got ready to go out and weant down to reception and made it known we were not happy - could not get thru via phone. Asked if we could at least find out our new room number but they refused to give it to us!!!

WONDER WHY WHEN WE HAD TO WAIT FOR 1ST ROOM CLEANER DID NOT NOTICE AIR CON WAS NOT WORKING!!!!

Went out for food and returned at 10/.30 and moved to new room. View of the pool. But noise coming from the Quays was horrendous. I just lost the will to complain again. In our roolm we found:-

Dark hairs on bathroom floor _ not mine!!!

Staines runner on bed. - BOTH OF THEM (this new room had 2 queen size beds)

The big big problem is the bridge to Clarke Quay. The ravellers on the bridge party till past 3am (when I eventualy dropped off to sleeip) with loud screams and very loud thumping music. It was impossible to get any sleep! Also (much to my surprise - in fact I was shocked) the amount of litter on said Bridge as well. Mc Donald's cup and wrappers, empty bottles. Didn't think you were permitted to drink alcohol on the street (these revellers we saw certainly were)

Woken at 06.45 with loud screams from pool - coming from one child and father. I was fuming - how inconsidate!!! So in all I only had just over 3 hours sleep on my first night!!!

We did not use any food outlet of the Hotel. After the way we were treated I refused to give them anymore of my hard earned cash!!!!!! We ate at a place called BK's on the Circular Rd. Appx £2.50 a meal. Fabulous Thai food

Would I stay there again - No. It totatly ruined what had been (up till then) a truely Fab holiday.

When we got home my partner spoke to one of his work colleagues - the stayed in same hotel week before us (same days and flights as us) and they were allowed to check in straight away. Given quiet room.

Also had to ask for the Singapore Hopper map so we could get the reduced fare - guess what they were all hidden!!!!

All in all this hotel ruined everything I looked forward to with Singapore. As we only had one day to try and do everything we had planned.

Other half was a bit miffed that he missed the chance to go to the Brew House on the Quays

So sorry I would not recomend this Hotel to anyone - we must've got them on a bad day

Hotel certainly was not busy either so there was no excuse at all

Did got a bowl of complentry fruit but that has not made me feel any better

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple