“beautiful singapore” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Holgate
“beautiful singapore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is in the best position,backing onto clarke quay which is buzzing at
night.
We felt that the carpets needed to be replaced in our room,but apart from that
we would stay at this hotel again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Gillian S,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to learn that you and your partner enjoyed the convenience of our hotel’s location and I am warmed of your support. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Rainer Tenius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Syorks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The main reason to book this hotel is the location. Clarke Quay is just steps away from the front door, as is the MRT. The only drawback we experienced was a terrible view from the room of a rather unattractive grey wall, Other than that, this hotel is pretty standard, and offers everything you would expect from a 4 star property, the Nespresso machine is a nice touch.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Richard H
Dear Richard H,

Thank you for the kind review on your stay with us at Swissôtel Merchant Court. I am pleased to hear that you and your partner enjoyed the location of our hotel and had taken delight in enjoying coffee from the Nespresso machine available in our guestrooms. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Clean hotel rooms with comfortable beds. Bathroom ammenties were well provided.
Love the Nespresso machine & TWG tea provided! Also, the in-room dining food were so awesome, especially the Duck Confit!

Dear Janelle K,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am delighted to hear that you and your partner enjoyed our amenities, our Food & Beverage offerings and the comfort of our rooms. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

the room was lovely, however, the ac in our room failed to work since we check in, but they managed to change another room for us without qns asked.
We got a twin room, super single beds and loving it. bathroom is sweet as well.

Nice pool view from our room, though we are not on the highest floor. The pool is not very big, and not on the direction of the sun, so tough to get a tan. Location is very good, only 2mins walk from Clarqe Quay.

Room Tip: high floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear yvonnesher,

Thank you for your kind review and I am pleased to learn that you and your friends enjoyed the location of our hotel and the comfort of our rooms. Your note of the weak air-conditioning in the room was much appreciated and has since been rectified accordingly. Once again, thank you for your compliments and my team and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

It's not as polished as some of the other Singapore hotels that I've stayed in. Breakfast is nice, good variety. The location, Clarke Quay, is great. Plenty to do and places to eat. Adjacent to Chinatown and a short walk to Marina Bay. I'd definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Sinead F,

Thank you for your kind review and compliments. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed the convenience of our hotel’s location and our breakfast selection. My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Swissôtel Merchant Court on your next visit to Singapore.

Narrabundah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Ideal place to stay in Singapore...close to everything and a real gem. Looked after extremely well and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Ideal stop over location and look forward to staying next time so that we can explore even more.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Linda B
Dear Linda B,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am delighted to hear that you and your partner had a pleasant stay with us and particularly enjoyed the convenience of our hotel’s location. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again at Swissôtel Merchant Court in the near future.

Klagenfurt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I did stay at this hotel every time I was in Singapore and I was all the time satisfied with their services.

Clean hotel rooms, helpful personnel, very good and rich breakfast buffet and excellent location. The pool, sauna and all other relaxing facilities are making the stay here a nice experience.

Why only 4 stars? I used different rooms and some of the had some not so nice looking bathrooms. I mean they were very clean and all, but there were visible marks where they did some repairing not in the best way. These are classic bathrooms, some more caution when doing repair would be appreciated.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear yotis,

Thank you for your continuous support towards Swissôtel Merchant Court which is much appreciated. I would like to extend my apologies for the shortfall in experience that you have encountered on separate occasions and appreciate your review which will help us constantly monitor our products and offerings. Nonetheless, I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and facilities, our Swiss Hospitality, location as well as our Breakfast selection. My team and I hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future.