“Great location and perfect for families”

Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore
Ranked #36 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We chose this hotel for a family get-together and it proved ideal for our grandchildren and their parents. Their interconnecting rooms were great and the facilities for the children were impressive. (The hotel had asked in advance for their ages.) My husband and I had a Swiss Advantage room which seemed no different in size and furnishings from a classic room except that we had a nespresso machine and our wi-fi was free. We appreciated the iron and ironing board and we also had a nice view over to the river.
The hotel looks rather dated and we found the reception area rather dreary but the swimming pool was excellent.
When booking our accommodation (which we did direct) we had to make various changes over the months but my emails were always answered promptly and efficiently and all our requirements were met. However at the hotel not all the reception staff seemed totally competent; despite having received written confirmation that a cot would be provided for our grandson we were told on arrival that we could have a cot 'if one was available'. Until a senior manager intervened it was also said to be impossible for us to pay for our family's rooms in advance.
As tourists we thought the hotel was in a perfect location - right next to the MRT station and with numerous restaurants along the quays.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Jinty27,

Thank you for the kind review on your recent stay with us at Swissôtel Merchant Court. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us but allow me to apologise for the areas that did not meet with your expectations. My team and I look forward to your return visit soon.

Rainer Tenius

Write a ReviewReviews (5,045)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great location although a little noisy.
Room was very good and balcony over the canal was lovely. The WiFi was really good with no dropouts ...
Would return to this motel if we head to Singapore again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kim T,

Thank you for choosing kind review. I am pleased to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I are honoured by your support and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

An attractive property in a great location. Staff were very welcoming. Comfortable rooms and spacious bathrooms. No noise from Clarke Quay in the rooms. Lovely pool/poolside area. Great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear JaneW255103,

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court as your preferred accommodation in Singapore. I am truly pleased to note that you and your friends have enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again on your next return soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

First time staying in a Swissotel. We had a free room upgrade as we booked directly via the hotel website. We were impressed with the upgraded room (free wifi, Nespresso coffee machine, TWG tea bags, toothbrushes, bathrobes etc) and the complimentary chocolates yummy - a nice touch. Room was spacious and very clean. Location is good, next to the MRT station and also within walking distance to Chinatown. Stayed for 2 nights and will return for more.

Room Tip: Book your room directly via the hotel website for the free upgrade. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear kykhoo,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Swissôtel Merchant Court on your visit to Singapore. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the convenience of our hotel location, our chocolates, the comfort of our rooms and our Swiss hospitality. My team and I are truly heartened by your support and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Used this hotel for a 2 night stop over on the way to Brisbane. This hotel is clean and roomy, it's big plus is its location. It is right next to Clarke Quay, which is a wonderful place to eat and get transport. The 'hop on hop off' bus is just the other side of the Quay. China town is just around the corner. The airport was about 15 mins in a taxi. We stayed on a B &B package and found the breakfast good quality and plentiful. Downside no wifi but that didn't matter too much as there is a Starbucks just outside with free wifi.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Linda M,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you and your partner had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like take this opportunity to invite you to join as our Swissôtel Circle member, where you will be able to enjoy free Internet access at all Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts worldwide. Membership is complimentary and can be applied on www.circle.swissotel.com. My team and I look forward to welcome you back again at Swissôtel Merchant Court.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Spent more to upgrade to Executive Club Option which was great decision. Enjoyed the bigger room and service plus the exclusive area for breakfast and happy hour with great outlook. Food was great for breakfast and the evening offerings were a delight with great selection of free drinks. Staff were very obliging.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kevin B,

Thank you for your kind review and compliments. I am delighted to hear that you and your partner enjoyed our Swiss hospitality and the Executive Club Lounge benefits. My team and I look forward to your return visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Warm, confortable, feel at home with splendid getaway experience! Food and service are memorable especially hospitality of people serving you at the breakfast time. Strongly recommended for anyone to stay :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Charles_Kelly2014,

I am humbled by your kind review. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed our Food & Beverage offerings and our Swiss hospitality. My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Swissôtel Merchant Court soon.