“Business Trip”

Ranked #36 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Essen
“Business Trip”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Very nice Hotel. In mitten Clark qay. 10 minutes walk to Marina Bay. Lovely restaurants and very nice SPA and GYM area. Nice and clean room, Coffee and Water served for free. Breakfast consisting of divers choice of coffee's incl. in breakfast rate

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

SingaporeMerchantCT, Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Michael L,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you have enjoyed our amenities, the convenience of our location and our Food and Beverage offerings during your recent business trip. Thank you once again for your commendations and my team and I look forward to see you again soon.

Rainer Tenius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
wa
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Merchant Court Hotel, is a lovely hotel and in a great location, with the MRT being just across the road, and also close to the Quays and Chinatown, which is definitely worth a visit.

The rooms are very well appointed and extremely clean, I love this location best of all. The staff are very friendly and efficient.

I would always book this hotel as my first preference for Singapore, as it never disappoints me.

Room Tip: If you are lucky enough to get a room with a balcony overlooking the pool, this is fantastic, so it...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kerryanne91
Dear kerryanne91,

Thank you for your kind review and compliments. I am pleased that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I are honoured to have your continuous support and we hope to see you again soon.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed here for two nights prior to joining a cruise and couldn't have wished for a better location from which to explore Singapore. The Swissotel Merchant Court is a four star tourist style hotel not far from China Town and with direct access to Clarke Quay - in fact if you take breakfast on the terrace, you will be overlooking the canal. The MRT station is also nearby with one of its entrances only yards from the hotel (ask the Concierge to point it out). Taxis are also quite cheap and readily available outside the hotel.
We arrived in Singapore early in the morning and as such, our room wasn't ready. However we were offered immediate access to an Executive room, albeit at additional cost. This turned out to be good value as it was on the top floor with great views and allowed us to use the executive lounge with its free food and drink between 6 - 8pm.
With the vibrant bars and restaurants of Clarke Quay right on the doorstep, we didn't have far to go to take in a bit of the local nightlife. We even walked back from The Sands one night which only took about 25 minutes.
So we slept well and thoroughly enjoyed our stay here - breakfast was the usual buffet style, more Asian than western but still tasty with plenty of choice.
We would highly recommend the Swissotel Merchant Court.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bottlebrook
Dear Bottlebrook,

Thank you for your kind review and compliments. I am delighted to hear that you and your partner enjoyed the convenience of our location, as well as the Executive Club Lounge benefits. My team and I look forward to your return visit in the not too distant future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was our last stop of the 2 week Asian vacation. So perhaps we were spoilt with the standard and hospitality. Swissotel Merchant court is at a perfect location and I can imagine anything better . Right behind it is Clarke Quay Bay, transportation is available so is a mall with lots of shops. Not to mention China Town is within 5 minutes of walking distance. When we showed up at the hotel the receptionist was cold and abrupt though she was nice to offer late check out of 2 PM when I mentioned our flight wasnt till midnight so I appreciate that. The lobby was grand and there was a cute and cheap gift shop as well as a nice coffee shop. The room was old and dated. Cleanliness was also below standard. There were hair on the sheets, coffee stains on the mugs, a bug in the closet and worst of all they tried to make2 twins into a queen bed with a lump in the middle which was very uncomfortable to sleep in. By the morning we were both usually crowded in the corner to avoid the lump in the middle. We had heard good things about the breakfast but I was not going to pay $60 for two ppl. The internet was not free ( are we really in the 21st century). There was a dragon dance in the hotel the next morning which was nicely arranged and enjoyable. I will come here again with the understanding that I probably will not be spending too much time in the room and enjoying the city but I am pretty sure there have to be better options out there. Not worth the money we paid. Very expensive compared to the other hotels granted we were in SIngapore.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SingaporeMerchantCT, Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Aimen,

Thank you for taking time to share your review. I regret to hear of the disappointment felt during your recent stay with us and would like to extend my sincere apologies to you and your partner for the shortfall in experience which has unfortunately occurred. Your feedback is important to us and will allow us to constantly monitor and improve our offerings.
I would also like take this opportunity to invite you to join as our Swissôtel Circle member, where you will be able to enjoy free Internet access at all Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts worldwide. Membership is complimentary and can be applied on www.circle.swissotel.com. My team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again with the service standards you have come to expect.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was second time we stayed at Swissotel Merchant Court and were very happy to be there. The best part of this hotel is that it is next Clarke Quay MRT hence no need to burn money on a taxi from airport. The most happening in Singapore -Clarke Quay is just across the hotel. Big mall , lots of eating joints across the road and Little India, China Town are next door.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Bishan K
Dear Bishan K,

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court once again on your visit to Singapore. I am truly warmed by your commendations and continuously support. My team and I look forward to welcome you back again at Swissôtel Merchant Court on your next visit to Singapore.

Geraldton, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We came of a cruise ship after two weeks and stayed at swissotel merchant court, it is a lovely hotel, rooms were very big with everything to make our stay comfortable. The staff were lovely, hotel pool was really nice and most welcome after sightseeing and shopping. It was in the perfect location for clarke quays which is a very lively spot, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank LDJ29
Dear LDJ29,

Thank you for your kind review and generous compliments. I am honoured to note of the praises you have of our service, location and facilities which is truly heartening to hear. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again at Swissôtel Merchant Court in the near future.

Bristol, UK
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Amazing pool, service and much more. Great for family, business, couple and friends. I am a 8 year old and I went with my parents and friends. Me and my friend loved the pool(especially the slide). My parents liked sun bathing and the Jacuzzi. It was epic.

Room Tip: The higher the better (it depends on class of room) and the lower the number the closer to the lift...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank iclong
Dear iclong,

Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you and your family and friends enjoyed your stay with us, especially having lots of fun by the Pool with its water slides. Thank you once again for your commendations, and my team and I look forward to having you back soon.

Cheers,