We stayed here last week for 7 nights on a family holiday with extended family.
I will get my gripes, and room recommendations, out of the way first and then move on to the positives of the hotel.
We had our two young children with us (19 months & 5 years) so booked the kids room package. We had done this last year at the Swissotel the Stamford and were very pleased with the accommodation. Unfortunately the adjoining family rooms at the Merchant Court (unlike at the Stamford) seem to be significantly smaller than the other Classic rooms. My parents requested a Classic room with two doubles and this was the biggest of all our rooms so I would recommend requesting one of these (it was still charged at the regular Classic Room rate).
If you are travelling with a baby or child in a stroller (or have difficulty with stairs) beware of being placed in rooms 284-285 (there are a couple of other rooms beyond this that this applies to too) as these are only accessible via a steep flight of steps. We were originally placed in these rooms despite booking a baby crib with our booking. Staff were responsive to my request to move rooms when I pointed out the problem with accessing our room for 7 days with a stroller, but it was a hassle we could've done without after a long journey with two young kids.
Most of our party found the beds a little hard.
Hotel staff seem a bit quick to close the pool at the first sign of rain (even without thunder storms). This was very disappointing with young children but we soon learnt to call the spa and enquire whether the pool was open before making any promises to the kids regarding swimming.
Okay, the positives:
The children did enjoy the special touches the hotel applies as part of the kids package - kiddie linen, special toiletries, books and toys in the room (see photos).
The location is very convenient to Clarke Quay and Chinatown and the MRT, and as it is on the same line as Harbour Front it makes access to Sentosa very easy too.
The children enjoyed the water slides and there is a paddle pool for toddlers.
We used a babysitter from the hotel to look after our son one afternoon so he could take a nap. I had enquired about this service before we booked the hotel and when we arrived they were very accommodating of my request to meet (and interview) the babysitter in advance. Our babysitter was a member of staff and a lovely young lady and my son enjoyed his time with her even if he did refuse to sleep.
Staff were generally professional and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Merchant Court, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambience. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station. Facilities including two award-winning restaurants, one contemporary bar, a resort-style swimming pool, 24-hour Fitness Centre and Purovel Spa & Sport, the region's first luxury Swiss spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore