“Excellent hotel”

Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore
Ranked #36 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed for three nights and the hotel was above our expectations. The room was spacious, light and clean. The staff were friendly and attentive. Breakfasts were amazing with a huge choice every day. We had a late flight out, so were encouraged to leave our cases at the hotel, offered use of the pool, shower and room to change our clothes after check out which was really helpful. Location is fantastic on the quay. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cambia
SingaporeMerchantCT, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear cambia,

Thank you for your feedback for Swissôtel Merchant Court. We are pleased to know that you and your partner had a pleasant stay with us.

We are heartened to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and our Swiss hospitality. Your positive feedback will help us in further upkeeping our level of service and products.

Once again, thank you for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court as your preferred accommodation and we look forward to welcoming you and your partner back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Swissôtel Merchant Court

Write a ReviewReviews (5,044)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

As a travel agent surprisingly this is my first time to Singapore as an adult, after coming of the Eastern & Oriental Express at Woodlands train station the first thing I noticed how clean and tidy this place is…….governed by strict laws... perhaps some of us should follow these rules too!

Anyway on arrival to the Swissotel Merchant I was taken to the club floor as I had an Executive room with club benefits, I am new to the club benefit thing and from now on all rooms will have club due to the benefits and service however, price will determines this at any property. I did request this room type because they have a balcony and I am a smoker, I was travelling with another male companion (twin) and on arrival I found that I didn’t have my balcony as these rooms are king bedded only to my disappointment… they did offer me another room the following day but I was only there for 36hrs as I had an early flight so I denied the offer!

The club room has great views over looking Singapore Creek and Marina Bay Sands in the back ground, the food was awesome and the menu was changed daily. Additional club benefits at this property is the happy hour 6-8pm that is free drinks including spirits and I couldn’t help myself free pouring larger than average shots, other properties I have stayed in with club access normally charge a fortune for a tasty beverage.

Rooms were spacious, large bathroom and lots of little extras within the room being a Executive room which made a nice touch as a souvenir hunter.

Service was exceptional, everyone was polite and the room was serviced to perfection.

Added benefit of this property is you can walk right out the front door, turn left and you are into the realm of Clarke Quay where all the restaurants and clubs are, noting that pints of larger in Singapore are not cheap at $17 SGD … expensive!

Hopefully on my return to this property at which I will... I will get the room I wanted and paid for.

Room Tip: The classic room includes breakfast in the rate, most other propertys will charge you extra for brea...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear lapewesq,

Thank you for your feedback for Swissôtel Merchant Court. It is our utmost pleasure to be of service to you and we are pleased to learn that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay with us.

We are heartened to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and our Swiss hospitality. Your positive comments are important and will assist us in improving and upholding our level of service and facilities.

Once again, thank you for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court as your preferred accommodation and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for two night before contuing to Burma. Check in procedure was easy. The location is excellent on Clarke Quay with the MRT just around the corner from the hotel. We had a basic room and it was excellent, comfortable bed and very clean. Hot water shower always available. The breakfast was brilliant as were the breakfast staff who took you to a table. Given it is Singapore the price was not too bad. I would definately stay there again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Resovoir
SingaporeMerchantCT, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Resovoir,

Thank you for your feedback for Swissôtel Merchant Court. We are heartened that you and your friends had a pleasant stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and our Swiss hospitality.

Once again, thank you for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court as your preferred accommodation and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your friends back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very pleasant people, rooms are really charming, excellent service and the location is great, close to Chinatown, Clarke, the Canning Park and Fort. You can catch the MTR right around the corner or wander the streets with their colorful houses and enjoy the nightlife. It's a fun and very safe place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AnnKatrin P

Dear AnnKatrin P,

Thank you for your feedback for Swissôtel Merchant Court. We are heartened that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and our Swiss hospitality.

Once again, thank you for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court as your preferred accommodation and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Check-in is very slow with only two staff on duty and always a queue at peak times. Our room 309 was very small with hardly enough room to open our two suitcases without using the bed. The carpet was dirty and needed renewing. The bathroom has been decorated recently but the quality of the grouting is poor. Our air conditioning did not work and I found that there is no free wifi. I complained at reception in person about the room size, the air-con, no free wifi and a lack of sun beds at the pool. The reception staff are happy to listen but unwilling to do anything apart from sending a maintenance man to fix the air-con. They say all the right things parrot-fashion but robots could do as good a job. There is a blond girl, who I assumed is a trainee, hovering in the background. She needs to learn to smile as she gives off a very frosty air. This was my first visit to Singore and I know it's an expensive city but I would actually rather pay more for a better standard of hotel and more receptive staff. The exception is Mr Albert Koh the head concierge and his team. Mr Koh offered help before and during my stay and I cannot praise him enough. The bar staff were also pleasant. Management will no doubt post a bland response but if they want to get in touch with me I would be more than happy to expand on my comments.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Friendlyfifer

Dear Friendlyfifer,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

We sincerely apologise that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We have shared your valuable feedback on the condition of the carpet and bathroom with our housekeeping team and maintenance is in progress. Our engineering specialist will be looking into the air-conditioning of the room on a regular basis to ensure the system does not malfunction again. We have also duly noted your comment on the service of our reception staff and have highlighted your feedback to her.

Please rest assure that we are looking into every area to improve our level of service and facilities. We hope to demonstrate better service upon your next visit to Singapore. Having said that, we are heartened to hear that you are pleased with the hospitality service provided by Mr Albert Koh and our concierge team. Thank you for the compliment.

Once again, we sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience caused and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your friends back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this location and it was a good location. The only caveat it borders on Clarke's Quay (pronunciation key) and on friday and Saturday night the boom boom boom of the adjoining entertainment area reverberated in the room and in my jet lagged head...problem solved slept in the bathroom...6 very comfortable pillows made a delightful bed in the bathroom. I was on third floor street side away from entertainment area but heard the boom boom boom anyway---tylenol pm helped me sleep in the bed n bath combination....(yes i truly did take myself to the bathroom floor as screaming at hotel personnel would have been terribly undignified and it wasnt their fault anyway.)..I would have thought Singapore would have had a noise rule, as they have every other type of rule...enjoyed my stay--get to buffet early and demand good seating as staff seem to put single women travellers at odd tables next to the clitter clatter of the ever attentive wait staff clearing dishes..you can ask for cafe lattes instead of getting the perculated warm coffee on offer. Ate once at the blue potato odd name for a cafe--sort of off putting name--food was good but wow food prices are alarming 10 dollars for an ice tea---a coronoa set me back 16---i know i know eating-drinking in a hotel will incur the costs --but i had jet lag and was on an expense account----everything was fine except service was very attentitive like 5 people in 5 mouthfuls asked me how was it.....i love attentitive service, but the chicken satay reply of delicious was not going to change by the sixth stick---or would it....the over asking actuallygot me to wondering if it should have been reported as tasting not so good....all in all you are in the heart of everything and there are mrt and taxis easily obtainable ---i enjoyed starting out early with map in hand and just walking doing the 10,000 step thing so got up to arab street and back in time for a swim...

Room Tip: ask about weekend noise and where the rooms are that are protected from noise would not get a room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MelbourneDes
SingaporeMerchantCT, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear MelbourneDes,

Thank you for your feedback for Swissôtel Merchant Court. We are heartened that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and our Swiss hospitality.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and we will look into the areas to further improve our level of service.

We have duly noted your feedback and will strive to improve and upkeep our level of service and facilities constantly. We hope to be able to demonstrate better service upon your next visit to Singapore.

Once again, thank you for choosing Swissôtel Merchant Court as your preferred accommodation and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back again on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The local nightlife scene near the Swissotel Merchant Court is the best in Singapore. Several blocks are filled with restaurants, pubs and nightclubs with many different styles. I suggest you walk and sit for a while next to the river for a beer. The whole area is full of fun, beautiful people both day and night.

Hotel rooms were big. Great staff, health club, and restaurant.

Room Tip: go out, do not stay in your room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business