I am in Singapore at least 4 times a year, and I often stay at this hotel. In the past two years, however, the service and accomodations have deteriorated.
You need to specify that you be given a room on the higher floors, as these have been renovated. I asked the front desk this last visit if the lower floors have been renovated, and I was told that not all rooms have been refurbished.
There are 2 locations for breakfast. I found it odd that in one location, honey for toast was available, while in the other area, you would have to request for it. Breakfast coffee in this hotel is awful.
But breakfast time is until 11am, which is great. Almost all hotels close their breakfast service by 10am or 10:30am.
Check-out efficiency is hit-and-miss. My last stay, I was lucky, and was able to check out quickly. However, I have experienced very long check-outs here that have made me nervous about getting to the airport on time!
Good feature are the ice-machines available on some floors; when you check in, ask if that floor has a working ice-machine.
Bathroom amenities: even if there are two of you in the room, they'll only give you a set for one (so it's a scramble for the shower cap!). And replenishment of bathroom amenities also hit-and-miss; some days they give you a new bar of soap, other times they don't.
The bathtub/shower is horrible; the half-glass door shower enclosure was a huge design mistake. it causes the bathroom to flood, once you take a shower. This last visit, half the shower time was spent mopping up the flooded floor!
Room service is fair.
I don't know if other hotels have first aid facilities, as I have never had use for them, although I travel constantly. This last time, I had a bad cut, and called for a band-aid. I was told I had to buy the whole pack of twenty for about S$5. I recall that in some hotels, you get band-aids in the room, so I was a bit surprised, but paid for it anyway (it was late in the evening, so I had no choice).
This last stay, because they could not give me a room on a higher floor, I was "upgraded" to the member's floor. Normally, an upgrade implies either an upgrade of facilities, or added perks (like use of the members' lounge). In this case, I got nothing new for the "upgrade", it was the same-sized room, same amenities, no use of the lounge. And one of the two phones was busted.
This used to be my favorite Singapore hotel, but in recent months, I've transferred my business to the Mandarin Oriental, where the accomodations are superior, the breakfast selection awesome, and the service and amenities exceptional.
Am still hoping this hotel gets its act together, since the location is prime (City Hall MRT station is just beneath the hotel, and there's an attached mall - Raffles City). Otherwise, its star rating should be downgraded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000 sq. ft. Raffles City Convention Center which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore