We stayed in the Swissotel The Stamford for 4 nights for business.
The Swissotel Stamford is in a good location for business travellers, however a bit far away from the shops of Orchard Road.
There are two check-in desks, I inadvertantly went to the one near the lifts and was rudely told that it was for air-line crew only and that I had to check-in at the other desk. An air-steward who was waiting behind me said to me "Don't worry, they are always like that here" and showed me where to go to check-in. Check-in took a long time compared to other hotels I have stayed at in Singapore.
The room had a balcony and seemed to have been recently updated. The views were great.
The airconditioning was terrible throughout the hotel. In the room the temperature control did nothing. There did not appear to be airconditioning in the lifts and only minimal airconditioning in the Lobby.
It always took a very long time for a lift, which was strange as there are so many lifts.
The hotel has a great gym, however it was always too busy whenever I went there. The same went for the pool, never a seat available.
We had several requests for our group, each time the staff seemed disinterested and unfriendly.
The room service was incredibly over-priced. You had to pay for internet (it's 2010 !!) again, very expensive.
I would not recommend it to other travellers, it is a very expensive hotel, and the staff there seem to see you as a bother, rather than a guest of their establishment.
As a regular business traveller to Singapore, I can say there are a lot friendlier and more reasonably priced hotels both in Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000 sq. ft. Raffles City Convention Center which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore