8,774 results
All reviewscafe swisstallest hotelharbour viewcity hall mrt stationshopping mallgrand roommarina bay sandshigh floorexcellent locationfood courtan upgradeconvenient locationexecutive roombusiness tripbusiness hotelbuffet breakfastearly check
Reviewed August 18, 2018

We booked 3 nights at the Swissotel in April this year just to spend a couple of days before we came home from a cruise. The room that we had booked was very tired and dated but I will say that they were in the middle of renovations at the time so would have presumed that the floor that our room was on would have been renovated soon after..... we had access to the Lounge, and the food was lovely as was the staff. Check in and check out was an easy process and location was good. We would sat there again but I just make sure we had a newer room.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Mareea T
RC-Hotels-Pte-Ltd, Hotel Manager at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us at Swissôtel The Stamford and for the review.

We do look forward to having you stay with us once the hotel refurbishment is completed as all the rooms, lobby and even the lounge will have a new look and feel.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I stopped over 1 night on my way to London. An early arrival, but my room was ready from the night before as I had booked this in advance.
I was warmly welcomed and my room was on the 45th floor . I have to say I thought my room was amazing. Very spacious and had 2 balconies with amazing views over the harbour and Marina Bay . Seating area and working area . Plus a mini gym with weights , a yoga mat and a screen with exercise programs.
I used the hotel gym also , which was modern and well equipped .
Breakfast was ok. There was plenty of food to choose from and a hot station where you could order freshly made omelettes.
It was just extremely busy which is not the hotels fault.
I also had lunch at Kopi Tiam which I really enjoyed very friendly and charming staff and great food too .
My only disappointment was the refurbishment going on. Again, not the hotels fault but there were no nice seating areas in the lobby . I look forward to seeing it when it’s all finished.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel The Stamford.

We are pleased that you liked our Vitality Room and enjoyed your work out in the gym as well. It is wonderful that you had the opportunity to have lunch at Kopi Tiam.

We appreciate your kind understanding on the refurbishment that is ongoing and we do look forward to welcoming you back once it is completed.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

The view of the hotel room during my stay is very good, we can see buildings in the Central Bussiness District, Casino Sands at the Marina Bay, as well as many other buildings along the Singapore River.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with swissotel.com

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel The Stamford.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the view from your room and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

There’re many positive points about this hotel. We’d booked through luxury escapes and had included in our package daily breakfasts, daily drinks at Bar Rouge or Anti:Dote, and a dinner for two at one of 3 choices of restaurants.

Breakfast was a choice between Kopitiam or Cafe Swiss. While the staff advise that the food offering is the same, Cafe Swiss which is a larger place has a more extensive offering. The venue is also much larger but alas, it’s also a lot busier and there’s usually a queue to get in. We did our dinner at Kopitiam and it was very, very average though the service was friendly. I wouldn’t pay to eat there. You can get far superior local fare right next door at Raffles City food courts.

We had drinks at both Bar Rouge and Anti:Dote. Anti:Dote at the adjacent Fairmont Hotel ground floor is a nice trendy place but nothing extraordinary. Bar Rouge is on the 71st floor of the Swissotel and it was amazing. We were given a table that overlooks the Marina Bay and the view is the best I’ve seen of Singapore.

We got a refurbished room and it’s very good. It has a city view which is nothing to shout about but other than that, it’s got everything one needs. My one gripe is the aircon. It’s a sustainable room which is great, except the lowest temperature setting is 21C and we sweated in the night. There’s nothing the hotel staff can do. We had to ask for thin blankets the next day and that was a lot better.

Service was ok. One hiccup was when we were leaving, we’d called for our bags to be picked up so that we could grab a quick breakfast prior to leaving for the airport but the guy never showed. Made a second call and eventually the guy turned up. He said he’d only just been informed. Clearly the first call was not communicated. As a result, we had to miss breakfast and had to head straight for the airport. That was annoying.

Best thing about the hotel is its location. Raffles City is a great mall with plenty of good shops, good food and best of all, it’s right where the City Hall MRT station is. It’s also along the same line as Changi so you can even catch the train to the airport.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely. Especially after all the renovation is completed, whenever that is!

1  Thank mymoo

Thank you for staying with us at Swissôtel The Stamford and for taking the time to write this review.

We are glad that you had an overall great stay with us and we appreciate your kind understanding on any issues that might have aroused during your stay with us.

We are pleased to learn that you liked the refurbished room and enjoyed the view from Bar Rouge.

Rest assured we have shared your feedback regarding the air conditioning and the food at Kopitiam with the teams for their review and improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

We are staying at this hotel right now together with my husband. Other hotels we had stayed at before were great ( Marina Sans Bay and Carlton), however, we decided to try this one and are absolutely happy with it. The room is beautiful and modern, it is on the 34 th floor with a city view. It has all the necessary equipment , even an iron and a coffee machine. We checked in at night at 3am but it was fast. There is a swimming pool on the 8 th floor,actually, two of them, clean and nice.
We came to Singapore after a journey to Australia and New Zealand and experienced a jet lag. What is more, my husband fell ill and we had to call a doctor. The doctor examined my husband and gave all the necessary treatment after which my husband felt much better.
What is important, the manager of the hotel immediately visited us and offered all the assistance and help if we needed it. It is so important to know that not only the money the doctor's visit cost but the professional help and warm attitude of the hotel personnel will be at your disposal should you need it. We later asked to change the linen and it was done fast. Also, we were provided with extra bottled water although we even did not mention it.
We will choose this hotel for further visits and will advise all our friends to stay at it. There is only one dream for us and a piece of advice : choose the rooms with the view of Marina Sands next time. It will make your visit even more unforgettable.
Thank you, Swissotel, hope to stay at you many more times!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at Swissôtel The Stamford.

We are glad that the duty manager was able to be of assistance to you and you husband. It is a pleasure reading that it is our colleagues that were able to make your stay memorable and wonderful.

We are also happy that you enjoyed the view from your room and we do look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.