Stayed here on two occasions on the way to and back from Australia, hotel was chosen as part of the Singapore Airlines stopover package.
Previously stayed next door at The Fairmont, so very familiar with the facilities and location of the hotel. On first visit arrived at 7:30 am and room was available, most appreciated after a long flight from Manchester, did also e-mail hotel about the arrival situation. Was given a room on the 34th floor with Marina view. The second occasion was a late arrival at 10:30 pm and was given a 50th floor room with city view panning from Boat Quay to Chinatown to Clarke Quay and across to Orchard Road.
The rooms themselves were good with the city view room much bigger than the Marina view room, both had balconies, beware those without a head for heights!! Beds were comfy, bathroom well stocked with towels, TV had plenty of choice particularly news channels like CNN, BBC, Channel News Asia, but only 2 sports channels, maybe time to get another one!!
The staff I encountered were excellent, bags were promptly bought up to the room, the Conceirge booked restaurants and even provided a set of bathroom scales to weigh luggage. The lobby was extremely busy which is expected of such a big hotel especially as it was the Chinese New Year period, even had a Lion dance to celebrate the New Year, but was not made to feel unimportant and was addressed several times by lobby staff, the hotel is popular with business travellers and aircrew from BA and Qantas. Did not use the restaurants at the hotel as there was plenty of choice nearby for breakfast, lunch and dinner, special mention for the revamped food court at Raffles City and the excellent Lei Garden across the road at the Chimjes complex. One other thing is tour desk is next to conceirge, handy for booking trips to Night Zoo and reconfirming coach rides to the airport.
Other facilities such as pool and gym are excellent as they are shared with The Fairmont next door, never seemed to be too crowded.
The location of the hotel is excellent, super transport links with MRT station below for Orchard Road, Vivo City and further beyond locations, but the major attractions like Merlion, Singapore Eye, Chinatown, Boat Quay very easily reach by foot. All major shopping can be done at Raffles City, Marina Square, Suntec Mall, Link Mall underground.
Best of all is the price paid, arranged as part of Singapore Airlines stopover package, almost the same facilities as The Fairmont for less price, so will look to stay here again the next time I'm in Singapore. Well done all !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000 sq. ft. Raffles City Convention Center which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore