The location of the hotel was excellent. Close to shopping (great place to grab a snack or lunch to go) and close to the metro. It is not a new hotel by any standards, but it not horribly outdated.
The bed were extremely firm, which wasn't a problem for me, but my colleague had trouble getting comfortable.
Really, the main problem I had with the hotel was the size of the business centre, and the cost for the internet. Charging $28 Singapore dollars ($25 Canadian) per night per device was just crazy. And that is the reason I doubt I will be back. For $50 extra a night I can afford to pay a little more for a hotel and still end up on top. The business centre is very small, and shared with the Fairmont.
Breakfast was very pricey, and most restaurants didn't offer a la carte menu options. Breakfast buffet was $33SGD. Prego, which did offer a la carte told me that it would be a 20 minute wait to get items off that menu. Since I wasn't on vacation I didn't have time to wait for that. Luckily there are choices in the mall below.
If you do stay in this hotel I would recommend staying above floor 50 as they are serviced by different elevators, and my colleagues who were staying below floor 50 had many problems with the elevators including getting stuck in one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000 sq. ft. Raffles City Convention Center which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore