At the end of our 3D2N staycation, the overall experience wasn't as pleasant as we would expect from a 5-star, luxury hotel. The most obvious was the cold service we received from our various interactions with the hotel staff. I'm not saying they have treated us badly, just that we have not experienced warmth in their service. In one of my phone calls to the operator, she even greeted me with a wrong name.
We only found out that there are no carpark within the hotel's premise when we actually got there. And when I called the hotel, I spoke with 2 different operators who told me 2 different rates for the hotel's valet parking service - yes, even to hotel guests, we have to pay for the valet parking. When inquired with the parking rates of the next (if not only) alternative parking option at Raffles City Shopping Centre (which is just next to the hotel), both operators were unsure and weren't able to provide us with constructive suggestions. Eventually, we parked at Raffles City Shopping Centre and ended up paying close to SGD$80 at the end of our stay.
We had our first breakfast at Kopi Tiam, the smaller restaurant that supposedly serves the same food offering as the main Cafe Swiss, which was packed when we arrived. Service was alright but the fruits were either not fresh, or not sweet. Perhaps it was the layout of the buffet spread, we had the impression that the food was kind of limited and not too appetizing. What shocked us most was how quickly the restaurant staff cleared the food when the clock striked 11am. No one even came to inform us of the last serving! Something we have not encountered in any other restaurants.
On the second morning, we woke up early as we wanted to have our breakfast at Cafe Swiss (which seemed to be the more popular choice of the 2 available breakfast restaurant). We arrived at about 8am and the restaurant was already packed! We were led to a huge table for 8 at the very very far end of the restaurant, but were later shifted to a table for 2 just next to the buffet line. The general feeling there was busy. The restaurant staff were busy walking here and there, doing this and that. They seemed so busy to even smile and greet the diners. They were so busy that they had to clear our plates without asking if we're done eating. Dining wares were not topped up in time, the serving utensils at the buffet line were greasy and unsightly. But everyone was so busy so busy... As we took a break from the eating, the manager came and asked if everything was alright. He must have thought we are done eating because he swiftly cleared all my dining utensils without asking if I'm done eating. I guess he must be very stressed about the long queue of guests waiting to come in to the restaurant, that he decided to, sort of, subtlety, chase us away.
We were rather disappointed with breakfast as we have read a number of good reviews by fellow tripadvisors. Neither the variety nor the quality of food awed us. The food was alright, not great.
Key facilities are located on level 8. There were 2 round swimming pools, a shallow one for the little ones and another for grown ups. We also passed by the spa and took a glimpse of the tennis court, but we couldn't find the fitness centre. We did not make use of any of these facilities but the general impression wasn't impressive.
The hotel is just next to Raffles City Shopping Centre, so it is very convenient to buy stuff and get good food.
We managed to get a room on the 54th floor and the view from the balcony was awesome. From our balcony, we get to see both the city and harbour views - totally cool! We even got lucky and were able to view the fireworks from the National Day Parade rehearsal, right from our balcony! But that was totally unplanned and coincidental... So it was just a little bonus to comfort our dissatisfaction from the other areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore, Swissôtel The Stamford is a deluxe hotel that boasts a prime Singapore location amid the diversions of the Raffles City shopping complex and just 20 minutes away from Singapore Changi International Airport. One of Southeast Asia's tallest hotel, Swissôtel The Stamford offers a luxurious range of 1,261 guestrooms and suites with a wealth of amenities and panoramic views of Singapore and Malaysia. It also boasts an impressive array of 16 restaurants and bars including the Equinox Complex, Singapore's most exciting dining and entertainment complex. The hotel also houses the 70,000 sq. ft. Raffles City Convention Center which comprises 27 meeting venues with technologically advanced business facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel The Stamford Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel The Stamford Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Stamford Singapore
- Swissotel Singapore
- Swissotel The Stamford Singapore