“Excellent Family Holiday”

Ranked #70 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Excellent Family Holiday”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at the Swisshotel The Stamford for 6 nights in January 2013. From arrival the service was amazing. The staff were so helpful and friendly and very accommodating. Our room was on the 30th floor and the views over the harbour were amazing. Definitely ask for a harbour view room - its so worth it! Breakfast was fantastic - so much to choose from. I would definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit to Singapore. The location is perfect - shops and MRT connected to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JoBarbour
TanBrian, Director of Quality at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your many compliments on your recent stay and take great pleasure to know that you had an excellent family vacation.

Thank you for choosing Swissotel The Stamford!

We look forward to your next visit!

Director of Quality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,605)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed in Singapore for 4 nights in the rainy season. Very happy with this hotel. Asked for, and received a room upgrade at no cost and every room has a balcony. Lovely double pool area and great location for exploring Singapore by foot or underground. Enjoyed Singapore, wouldn't put it at the top o my world list, but worth a visit. Cocktails in Raffles across the road are a must do but very expensive!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to pool view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review! We greatly appreciate your compliments and definitely hope to welcome you back again!

Saint-Maur-des-Fosses, France
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Huge hotel next to Raffles hotel , about 1000 rooms and really far from my expectation !
Old rooms badly furnished , old bathroom with antique equipment ; this was a real big desapoitment and I will not come back in this hotel !
We had to queue longly for check in and for check out and i felt like in a factory in this huge lobby !
I even found in my room A coakroch , which quite an event in a clean city like Singapore !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Xavier,

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. The issues you mentioned are certainly not acceptable for our hotel. We will reach out to you offline to find out more information regarding your room experience, with a view to uncover root causes and effective solutions. Regarding the room conditions, we are glad to inform that plans are underway for a refurbishment in the future.

Thank you for choosing Swissotel the Stamford.

uk
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Had two nights at the Stamford hotel this week. I had emailed the hotel ahead of my stay to ask if a colleague and I could be allocated rooms on the same floor. I got no response to my email , but the room allocation was arranged for us on the same floor , for which we were very grateful. The rooms were both clean and tidy. The bath in room 1455 is showing some black mood around the bath tub and the safe didn't work. Not to much really wrong for me. Slept well both nights there. Rooms as cleaned from 7 am til 11 pm. The cleaners at least do the sensible thing and close the room door when they are vacuuming to reduce noise levels as much as possible. A very nice and thoughtful touch. This hotel is close to many good places to eat. A shopping mall next door contains about 40 different types of dining experience. There is also a Starbucks and McDonald's which both have free wifi . Overall a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

We’re elated to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s room conditions, housekeepers, variety of food places and the convenience of the location. Our apologies regarding the email non-reply as this is simply not acceptable. Regarding Room 1455, we will follow up with the relevant department to address the issue.

Thank you for choosing Swissotel The Stamford!

Lorn, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is my third visit and certainly will not be my last. I stayed here for 3 nights as part of a Singapore Stopover at only $225 per night which is a real bargain.
I arrived at the hotel at 10.30am prepared to wait for my room as I had paid such a bargain basement price but I was delighted to be given my keycard there and then and greeted with a "Welcome back". My room was on the 14 floor near the lifts but I certainly didn't expect a premium room and was prepared for any lift dinging to be blocked out with my ear plugs. I needn't have worried. It was so quiet that I was convinced that no one else was on my floor or directly above me. The only sound I could hear in my room was the quiet humming of the aircon. The room had 2 double beds with beatifully comfortable mattresses and clean white sheets. The bathroom was a good size and contained fluffy white towels, hand towels, face towels and a bath mat. There was a plethora of bathroom accessories. The shower rose had a variety of settings to choose from and the pressure was great.
At the Stamford, it's the little things that make a difference. When ringing room service, guests are greeted by name which just adds a personal touch.
Checkout took 10 seconds as I had no charges.
The staff at the Stamford made me feel that I was a guest in the penthouse, rather than just someone who got a discount room. Thanks for another great stay.

Room Tip: I think any room would be a good room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us again!

Your compliments on the hotel’s comfortable bed, bathroom towels & amenities and staff service are greatly appreciated. Indeed, we endeavour to treat every guest with the same care and attention. Thus, we take great pleasure to read that you felt like a guest in the penthouse. Please rest assured that we will continue our pursuit for excellence in service.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my at least my 4th visit to the Swissotel and another great stay. The rooms are comfortable and well maintained. We booked two rooms and were very pleased with both. I recommend taking the option of breakfast. It's one of the best I have had and there is an excellent choice to suit all tastes and cultures. If you are lucky enough to be there when a conference is cluttering up the 2nd floor restaurant you may get to have have breakfast on the 70th floor. That is truely the most amazing experience and would have to be one of the best hotel views. The harbour view rooms have a beautiful outlook over the Singapore Cricket Club, Marina Bay and Boat Quay. Accessing the hotel from the airport is cheap and simple. Take the skyrail to terminal 2 or 3 and travel to the basement level to catch the MRT. If you want to buy an Ezylink Pass then you need to approach the station from terminal 3. This is just a short walk across a skybridge from the terminal 2 end. You need to change trains at the end of the line just outside the airport area but this only involves a few steps across the platform. Alight at City Hall station and make your way upstairs to the hotel. There is plenty to see and do within a short walk of the hotel and most of the popular tourist destination can be accessed by train. Taxi fares are cheap eg $3 to the Singapore Flyer. Take a stroll to the historical area along the water front or up the hill to the Battel Box. There is always plenty to do in Singapore and the promise of more exciting things being developed in time for another visit.

Room Tip: Take a harbour view room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SusanPerth
Dear Susan,

Thank you for staying with us again and again! We take great pleasure to hear that you had another great stay with us!

Indeed, Swissotel the Stamford is very often commended for having one of the best views, best breakfast and best locations in the Lion City.

We look forward to your next visit to Swissotel The Stamford!

Sydney
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I can NOT believe people have said this hotel is terrible! I have stayed here dozens of times over the past few years and I can't fault a thing! Amazing staff - go out of their way to help you. Big, clean rooms. POOL AREA IS WONDERFUL! Always clean towels, bar staff are impeccable. Location is brilliant. Close to shops and train station. If you're heading to Singapore, STAY HERE!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your regular patronage and your strong recommendations!

The team will be very encouraged by your review about the staff, the clean rooms and the pool area – it will inspire us to do better each time.

We look forward to your next stay!