“Clean but a little dated”

Swissotel The Stamford Singapore
Ranked #68 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Clean but a little dated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hotel is clean but quite dated. Rooms specifically are dated and tired, but the view of marina bay is stunning (if you get a harbour view room). You can wait up to 7 minutes for a lift, and the key swipe to access your floor doesn't always work so real easy to miss your floor. Access to the mall is great, especially the food hall. Din Tie Fung is on your doorstep - as is the Raffles Hotel and shopping area. Great location! The hotel staff are all very polite and efficient. A good hotel for a one or two nights transit, but again the rooms are nothing fancy. A good place to rest your head, but not a place to sit and relax by a pool... Room service food was good, local and international choice. Stunning bed and feather pillows, a very comfortable and a great sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ScribbyCat
TanBrian, Director of Quality at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your very positive review on the hotel’s great location, polite and efficient staff, bed conditions and the room service. Regarding the room conditions, we are glad to inform that plans are underway for a refurbishment in the near future.

Thank you for choosing Swissotel The Stamford!

Director of Quality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,575)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

On every visit to Singapore for work I have stayed at The Swissotel Stamford. There were 2 occasions where I have carelessly left my belongings in my room upon checking out and only realising it a day or two later. Once I left my wallet on the study desk with credit cards, cash and ID. I was on my way to the airport and did not want to turn back to get it. I called the hotel and they had kept it aside for me to pick up on my next visit, which was one week later with all the cash and credit cards inside. Another time I carelessly left my electric shaver and tooth paste in the bathroom. I was to return 3 days later. After checking in 3 days later, I called on-call valet and the housekeepers had kept my belongings for my return.

I would like to give this hotel a 5 star rating for honesty and due care in taking extremely good care of guests belongings. Communication to retrieve these lost items was very professional. I trust this hotel and will always choose this hotel for my future travels to Singapore.

Room Tip: Request for higher floor for refurbished rooms. The rooms facing The Fairmont hotel are quieter, how...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for putting your trust in us!

As our guests’ personal safety and the security of their belongings are our top priority, it gives a great pleasure to read about your positive encounters. Please rest assured we will not let up in our efforts to ensure the safety and security of our guests.

We look forward to your next visit!

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were given an upgrade, as soon as we had arrived, to a harbour view. The view was breath taking. The room was spacious and clean and the bathroom had a lovely big bath and shower. The hotel links to the Raffles City Mall which has plenty of shops and a good food mall at the bottom. The MRT is just outside the mall. We did not eat at any of their restaurants as they were quite pricey and none had great reviews (we also had two young kids in tow). The pool, is located on the 8th floor. It didn't look too flash but we'd have been happy to have a swim if it hadn't been raining (spectacular lightning storm). On the whole, it was more pricey than we normally budget for but the view and location make this hotel a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a harbour view, go for it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank allnutty
Dear Guest,

We take pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and appreciate your compliments on the breathtaking view, room cleanliness and size, bathroom and nearby amenities. It is a pity you did not get to enjoy the pool as there was indeed a lot of rainfall during this year’s monsoon season, normally experienced between November to early January.

Thank you for choosing Swissotel The Stamford!

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed with my family for 2 nights on May 2012. My review during our staying there :

Location: very strategic at Stamford Rd, walking distance to City Hall MRT. So, it's very convenient to go to other places. Also its location is at the centre of Singapore' shopping malls and business district.

Hotel Staff: The Receptionists and all the staff were very friendly.

Room: We booked a Classic room with huge king size bed. My 10 years old daughter could sleep with us on that bed. The room is spacious with city view balcony. There is sofa set in the room. The bathtub was very clean.

Great hotel at great location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review. We take pleasure to know that you had a great stay at Swissotel the Stamford and appreciate your many compliments, especially those regarding staff friendliness.

We hope to welcome your family back again!

HK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights on business. The internet didn't work (but they fixed it) and a tap dripped in the bathroom all night (but they fixed it). I was given an upgrade when I arrived, to a much larger room on a high floor, so that was great. Room was clean, spacious, room service good, and the in-complex restaurant (Prego) was a great place to buy a thank-you dinner for some friends & the Lobby Bar was a great venue to meet with a group of girl friends for a catch up chat, drinks & lite bites.
The service in the 2nd floor breakfast restaurant was so bad both mornings that it was almost funny (almost) - a 'chef' who couldn't do poached eggs, a waitress who still hasn't delivered my cranberry juice, and some very strange 'sausage combinations' but when I sent in my post stay survey, they did actually contact me, apologise & promise to look into these matters.
The lobby & reception staff were great & they got me a taxi very quickly every time.
I liked the place enough to stay there again, so hope to find some improvements upon my return.

Room Tip: If your budget will stretch, higher floor the better. I found the beds were a little hard.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you mentioned. The issues you mentioned are certainly not acceptable for our hotel and we certainly are looking into them following your feedback on our Market Metrix survey.

At the same time, we appreciate your positive review on your room cleanliness and size and your dining experiences at Lobby Court and Prego restaurant at Fairmont Singapore, our sister property.

Thank you for choosing Swissotel the Stamford!

Forsyth, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Hotel is beautiful, the hotel workers are attentive, a variety of cuisines are available and it offers a wonderful view of the Marina Bay. Everything you can imagine in walking distance but everything you need right there. The hotel is attached to a mall with grocery, foodcourt, bank, and all else you can imagine! And a subway entrance is just across the street for quick rides to Little India, China Town, and more. Taxis are always available at the door. Behind the hotel is the Raffles Bar where the Singapore sling was invented so you can stop by and try it where it was born. You'll be walking distance to the new casinos, the Esplanade where art and entertainment are available daily, and a few blocks from the Singapore Flyer where you can have chocolates and champagne or a whole meal while you slowly go around on the largest ferris wheel in the world inside a comfortable capsule. This hotel is fabulous for business or pleasure. I stayed there twice, each time for three weeks and was never disappointed. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Marina, and at least 15 floors up to get the best view of the Marina and s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We take great pleasure to know that both your 3-week stays were fabulous! Your compliments on the our staff’s attentive service, cuisines, wonderful view and location are greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your next 3-week stay at Swissotel The Stamford!

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed with my family from 8th - 12th December 2012. We booked a classic room with no view (we asked for the cheapest anyway). The room is on the 7th floor, it's spacious but need refurbishment. I dont dare to let my children sat on the floor coz the carpet looked yellow-ish although I believed it's clean. Anyway, our housekeepers from 9th and 10th are excellent! (please thank them for me if someone from the stamford is reading my review) THey noticed we have small children (3yo and 1yo) because we left their 2nd pairs of shoes in the room, They provided us with 4 bottles of water which I really appreciate. I have a 1yo baby girl so I make sure she didnt get sick during our trip by drinking tap water eventhough I knew tap water in Singapore is safe for drinking but still.. as a mother I want everything the best for my children :) We got 4 towels, 4 face towels, four sets of everything.. Thanks God we didnt have to share wet towels!!!! :D :D :D but then on the 11th, after a full day trip we went back to our room... everything was in set of two again :( well.. couldnt be bothered to call housekeeping for extras at 10pm coz we're leaving the next day anyway...

btw, on the 11th morning the lamp hood from outside the bathroom fell off the ceiling as we were going out in the morning so I called the receptionist and they sent someone to fix it but we didnt wait, we just went out after someone arrived.

Oh.. and I love ur toothbrush...so soft! :) i luv the bed, the pillows, the amenities in the room and the TWG teabags! (i never loved so many things in a hotel room!) :D :D :D maybe next time we visit again we will book for the more expensive room.. haha.. PS: i left a gold ring in the safe box :( oh well.. my own mistake..

PS: is there anyway u can have ur own pool instead of sharing with the fairmont? coz the pool was crowded!

Room Tip: If u ask for the cheapest room (just like me) dont expect a modern sleek room with view... but they...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TanBrian, Director of Quality at Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Sriwanti,

Thank you for the detailed review and many compliments!

Indeed, as parents we will always put our children’s well-being as top priority. Thus we’re glad that your 3-year-old and 1-year-old had a good stay as well. Though some of our rooms may not be the newest in town, we make sure that it is certainly clean enough for children. We will definitely convey your thanks to our housekeepers. At the same time, we apologise for the lapses on 11 December and will follow up on your feedback.

It would be a challenge to separate the swimming pools as the original design was meant for both hotels to operate as one complex. However, we are making plans to enhance the area for our guests, just like we are doing for the guestrooms. We hope you will be able to enjoy these in the future.

We will be reaching out to you separately regarding information on the gold ring.

Overall, we’re glad to hear that your family enjoyed the stay!

We look forward to your next visit in our other room categories!